What's new

Kava Kava Candy

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Love it!  Really the only time I can get my wife to take kava is when her mind is racing before bedtime...she is doing her doctorate and teaching at the same time so lots of stuff going on.  She always says "i think i need one of those candies by the bed"(smiley: happy)

kl.Letharia

Kava Curious
So far I've been kind of savoring mine, so haven't got profound effects out of them yet... but they're nice to have around.

What I was wondering is if the usual rules of fasting apply when taken sublingually. I imagine you still swallow a lot of it, so I'm curious what others think.

kavalover

Outsider
So long as you're consuming it truly sublingually then you could do it on a full stomach. I did and worked just fine - don't chew the candy or swallow too much and just let it absorb in your mouth.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the lightning-fast shipping, Steve.  Can't wait to try these candies.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
dan - my pleasure dan..hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

Letharia Regarding the sublingual I would try a double dose and see how you feel.  Dissolve slowly and let it sit for a while..works for me but everyone is different (sure you will swallow a little but no problem) I watched a lady go through about 1/4 of a candy and she looked like she needed to sit down as her body was slowly going toward the ground and balancing next to a car.  Although she is probably less than 100 lbs...just one hit her pretty hard.  Others (and more that are not accustomed to kava) could do three and not feel too much but a numb tongue (or at least swear that they don't feel anything, but usually you can tell by a difference).  Then after 10 minutes their temperament has shifted.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Received my candy today. Not sure I felt very much, but i really like the taste. Will nice thing to have around for sure.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Buddhacide - thanks for the feedback.  Always nice to get your thoughts.  Seems to work best for me during the day at work but everyone is different.  Perhaps you can try between bowls for a little boost and palate cleanser also :)

Curious what day you ordered as I am trying to figure out custom times.  Thanks again.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Steve - I ordered July 13. If I recall they were shipped same day. FYI, they took approximately the same time to arrive as other items i've ordered from Hawaii recently so I assume the time is standard

when the trial pack is part of my order, the code doesn't work - so I took it out. I thought the 25% would just not apply to the trial item, but it doesn't work that way. now I get it.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Sorry, the code will not work with either the trial pack or wholesale items in there as they are really good deals and not able to discount further.  Totally see what you mean though, so I will see if I can work on the coupon system so that you can still put an order through if you select a trial pack with other items.  thanks

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
There was a post in alcohol + kava.  Someone had a kava candy + bottle of alcohol and really felt it.  I have tried it myself but I am kinda a light-weight anyways and feel the alcohol more as expected.  Anyone else take a candy while drinking?  Just curious as to the effects.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I have taken the candy while drinking (in Ghana, "drinking" is just part of your day to day progression) and not really felt anything different. But that's just me...

kl.icky

Kava Curious
Cool, just ordered some of this yesterday. Will give it a try, and will let you all know if it prevents me from getting the feeling that I must abandon my job and run far, far away, via the back door.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
not sure the candy or anything can keep you from abandoning your job...LOL.  it might help to keep you from flipping out, but sooner or later some jobs make you feel like a geology experiment..with enough pressure, something is going to blow ;)

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
LOL been there! Steve's kava candy is pretty awesome but some jobs just suck no matter how much kava you drink or eat. Still, it may help you approach your day with a calm mindset and plan your exit strategy without all the added emotions that jobs like that can bring out. Love the candies btw, Steve. Gonna be placing another order soon!

kl.icky

Kava Curious
Just got my candy today! Took 2, and I can feel the effects very mildly... Very nice guys. But you are right, this won't stop me from running. I'll slowly saunter out the back door now ;)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
icky - thanks a ton for the feedback and comment.  Yes - hopefully it will be good for daytime use and even driving while stuck in traffic or something.  Not making you incapacitated at all but just sometime nice so that you can get things done with a little less stress :)