What's new

Kava Kava Candy

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
USPS is making my day for these relatively light packages and reliable shipping especially international.  Please let me know if anyone is getting hit with customs charges (I will make a file and keep notes)

Looking forward to everyone's assessment!

kavalover

Outsider
So, I did something pretty nasty tonight. haha. I was all out of kava candy so I took one of the drink packets and poured it in my shell of traditionally prepared Vanuatu root powder from real kava - well it tasted 'not too bad' but not good at all.. haha.. But it sure packed a punch!

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
duly noted...lol!  maybe bowl > sip or shot of a kava packet for something sweeter > another bowl  OR  bowl> candy break >another bowl

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
Shell (or two) then a candy.  Another two shells-another candy.  A shell and a candy.  One more shell and then some Paradise honey paste.  That combination worked quite nicely for me!!

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Vesuvio Cat - thanks a lot for taking the time to write up a review about the kava candy -   I can just picture you sweating the immigration officer and thinking about the negotiating efforts you have in front of you (i have been around northern Africa in Morocco with lots of bribing and smiling but was not thinking kava way back when - boy do i wish i had candy then :)

I am grateful that you see the value of the product and where it fits in peoples lives.  As someone who develops, I just  hope to make good products that people really enjoy while constantly taking in feedback and improving.  Sounds like you could use some candy out there so we can make it happen!

http://kavasseur.blogspot...a-kava-candy-orange.html

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yes! I just got mine in the mail about 10 minutes ago. But...I cannot try it today. I had a wicked brew of Boroguru from Judd mixed with Isa from Rex. If I have anymore kava right now I'll probably keel over in bed and pass out.(smiley: laugh)
UPDATE
Ok, so it's been a couple hours and it wore off surprisingly fast. (the combo never worked quite right for me) I read the Kavasseur review and thought well why not...can't wait anyways.(smiley: laugh)
 It really does taste like a 50/50 bar!(smiley: eek) Exactly like a 50/50 bar. Then you get closer to the center and....oh...oh there's the kava taste. It returned me reasonably close to the place I was after drinking my brew of Boroguru/Isa. Not bad...not bad at all Steve. There is no question I certainly will be getting more of these. They're so convenient and pack a pretty decent punch compared to a shell or any of the instants I've tried so far. It's exactly what you said it would be, you've got yourself another repeat customer.
For those that don't know this already (and may have read the back of the package) I would like to point out that "Sugar Alcohols" and "Alcohol" as we most often think of it are not the same things. There is no Ethanol in these. I know we have talked about alcohol and kava and that mixing them is bad. There is no alcohol in kava candy. Totally safe and legit.

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
I really liked the Candy too. I'll be buying again. My birthday is coming around so I might get myself a couple of cases :)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Vekta - thanks for the comments as well and glad you had a chance to try it out.  You guys are killing me...i got to get one of these 50/50 bars now.  I remember the Creamsicle but trying to jolt my memory of the original 50/50.  I thought about doing a flavored kava syrup for Hawaiian Shave Ice but kinda hard to ship a popsicle..maybe have to just keep that one on island for now :)

kavalover

Outsider
haha, well I doubted that Adil could get that kava pulp delivered to my door still frozen but he did! I bet you could get that kava-popsicle business going... that actually sounds really good right now, we've been having 106 degree weather lately.

Actually, that sparked an idea. I'll make a drink out of your kava drink packets, and then put the drinks in the freezer... wallah, kava popsicle :) - haha... will report back tomorrow ;)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
That is actually an awesome idea!  I am going to put one in the freezer now :)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I had a chance to go out and do some errands. We went to Costco...I hate Costco(smiley: frown) So this was a perfect test for Kava Candy. By itself, I think kava candy would be exactly what Steve said. I think for most it will for sure bring you from about a 9 down to about a 5. I still had the boroguru/isa mix  close behind me and I was feeling ok. While we were driving up to Costco I popped a Kava Candy.
That "shield" I mention sometimes I get from kava for crowded placed was strengthened substantially. In fact it was like walking around in this...

Kava Candy makes an excellent "booster shot" for the day or two after a dry root session. I was also more aware of the open spaces around me even in the crowds. It was like my mind found all the open space and made it stand out and feel more open. Can't really describe it better than that. Overall those were pretty impressive results for a 50mg booster. That brought me from an 8 down to...about a -6 (yes I said negative 6) (Thumbsup)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Vekta - thanks for the feedback!  I totally hate Costco too - i usually go early with my wife before it opens and wait for them to move up those big metal doors...then we run around and grab everything before the crowd and lines start to form. Love the analogy of the "booster shot"  good stuff!

Kava Pops - regarding the putting the instant pack in the freezer...I mixed one packet with 1 ounce water and froze...it tastes pretty good and I can feel the kava in there.  Perfect for the porch and shade while the sun shines down :)

kavalover

Outsider
So I made one of those kava pops today at work, how awesome is that. I put three packets in one cup of water and then froze it with a popsicle stick inside, so that I could hold onto the stick while eating my popsicle. My mouth was totally numb and by the time I finished it (actually didn't finish it but got close) I had a nice mellow feel going on. I'm going to have to take some pics the next time I do it and share, what a sweet idea for summer

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
(smiley: grin)....
I gave my dad a kava candy. He immediately recognized the 50/50 bar flavor. "g'me another one...those are good" he said
So I gave him another one...and then the Kava kicked in. He said it felt like someone set him gently down  on a fluffy pillow and all his annoying aches melted away. He was very comfortable, not krunk but comfortable. 
I think he may have seen the light.(smiley: happy) He said he wouldn't mind switching from alcohol to kava if this is how it makes you feel.Score!
I said "dad...welcome to my world"(smiley: pimp) Wait until you try a full bowl of dried root. (smiley: wink)

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
That's awesome :D

I'm hoping I can get the same reaction from my significant other.

Kava candy, the gateway kava.