What's new

FROZEN Black Beauty Blend

kl.penguinbrah

Kava Curious
so i got the new mahakea batch. 
This is my first time trying fresh kava - i've only tried extracts before.

I'm not sure how exactly it's supposed to taste but I'm assuming it tastes the way it should -- not sure how to describe it. It has the same light brown color that i've seen in pictures. I've been making it with 1 cup coconut water and 1 cup water. The amount of kava i use is around a golf ball size maybe more. I put it all in the strainer sock paradise kava sent and I submerge that in to the liquid and i press on it for 2 minutes. Take a break for a minute and let it sit there and repeat the process 3 or 4 times. Then I put some ice cubes in it and let it chill for a few minutes and then i drink it. 
So far today is my second day and I love and think it is relaxing but I'm not sure if it's in my head. My mouth doesn't go numb but I do feel a little something in my throat. The honey lemon extract I tried from paradise kava made my mouth and throat way more numb. It's just my second day so I'm hoping that I need to build up a reverse tolerance for a more pronounced effect. I do notice though that when I do go to sleep the past two days I've been falling asleep pretty quickly and I get deep sleep and wake up on my own in the morning without my alarm and I'm pretty refreshed and ready to start my day. I still feel sorta tense in my body and shoulders though after taking it and I just want to loosen up and feel a little less anxious and ease in to sleep -- any suggestions?

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
I broke off a big chunk tonight (about 3/4 inch x 1 inch x 6 inches) and whipped up a batch tonight and I have to say this is most pleasant!!  The taste is real organic for lack of a better term.  Downright tasty after the vanuatu root.  The feeling is great-not krunk just happy and content with my place in this big world.  I didn't use enough the first 2 times and was kinda sad.  I was just using the wrong formula since this is not dried root.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I think Yuku needs to add a "like" feature. I like the above post so much.

"makes me feel content with my place in this big world."

Priceless!

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the props good sir.  That really was one great night.  I still have some of that stashed in my freezer for another night when it is not too hot and not too cold when I don't have a ton of stuff going on so I can possible recreate that feeling.  I've been more messed up and more energized from kava a bunch of times but that night was almost like being stone cold sober but just real comfortable in my own skin.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Fresh Kava has been the crown jewel of Kava drinking world for 3000 years for this very reason. There is something ethereal about it's effect which is not groggy, and always hard to pin down. And the effect is so ....clarifying!

It's an honor to be part of something that works on a great many levels! Seen and unseen...

Thanks for giving us so much satisfaction with posts like these~ Aloha

- Adil Ghiasi