What's new

FROZEN Black Beauty Blend

kl.Sliver

Kava Curious
I got mine ordered this weekend as well. 2lbs of black beauty and some extracts for on the go. Once I got a response back from them their the service has been great.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
I put in my order today and the customer service has been great, really friendly guy. Cool thing is I ordered the dry root and hes shipping it along with the frozen, I think thats pretty cool.
I was also wondering how good this helps you sleep, you said it had a uppity effect, and so did solomon, but after I eat it made me extremely tired and I liked that. I hope thats how this is.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Instant euphoria... That's how I felt when the package arrived. I opened the Fed Ex box and found two ziploc bags of cold pulpy juicy kava goodness. I couldn't wait to try some so I squeezed out some of the brown juice into a coconut shell and drank. Not bitter at all. Smooth and slightly sweet. I couldn't make a bowl since I had to return to work for a couple hours so I chewed on what I thought was a chunk of root. Expecting a wood chip texture I was pleasantly suprised by the sponginess. Very numbing and quite calming. My body returned to work as it was supposed to, my mind did not.

I couldn't wait to tell a fellow kava drinker who worked with the Peace Corp in Vanuatu. She brought a friend over and we wound up drinking this kava late into the night. This is a beautiful kava. It won't obliterate you like a heavy Vanuatu kava. My experience was an immediate warming sensation of my lower face accompanied by a light euphoria that gradually increased over time before leveling off to a plateau of peacefulness. My body and muscles followed soon after as if a stewardess spoke over the intercom, "Please adjust your seats to the laid-back position."

As taste goes, I've never had such a delicious kava. The taste is clean, not bitter and has some light chocolate notes to it. The most distictive taste to me was the vegatative freshness. It just plain tasted fresh.

After weeks of cold rainy weather, yesterday was sunny and in the lower eighties. That's how this kava made me feel. It simply melted away any frustrations and stress transporting me to a tropical paradise.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
I recieved mine yesterday and havent gotten into to it yet. I have a couple chunks thawing out in the fridge. But I did whip up some 100% awa I ordered with it, and man this stuff is good. Cant wait to try the fresh roots!

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Tried the fresh roots last night, tasted so good. The effects were actually pretty minimal. Next time I try it, Im going to use alot. I accidently used a golf ball size into 4 cups of water instead of 2 cups so it was a bit watered down. Still good kava and I recommend it.

kl.Sliver

Kava Curious
It took me a bit to get used the fresh roots. I found out on the last of the first bag to use a bit more than recommended, then knead, knead, knead. I was using Nylon (paint) strainers and I would twist the root like you do a towel to ring out all the water. I suggest either using two or having as second one on hand in case one rips. After doing that for about 20 minutes I had a very strong, but pleasurable experience. Not overwhelming at all, just perfect. I remember having some Wow and it made my ears ring, and was actually kind of scary until the effects mellowed. This was about as strong, without the uncomfortable side effects.

FYI, it tastes amazing, very earthly or vegetative. Not bitter. Add a cup of coconut water and your set.

Has one tried using the roots thawed to make one batch, then blending to get a second batch later? I saved some of my second bag to give it shot, just wanted to know if anyone had maximized their root usage?

kl.Korgai

Kava Curious
This stuff is truly a new experience! It's such an alive drink. I think I've heard vegetative and floral described about this stuff and that's exactly it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the taste. I could drink this even without the included effects. I also did reuse the roots by soaking them with some powdered root for another time. It seemed to be just as good, when I made it the 2nd time.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Very glad you guys liked our Kava. Our next batch is a stellar 5-7 year old blend. It's BBB+ some. Website coming soon (no we're not kidding- good things take time)
Aloha!

kl.kavanah

Kava Curious
I recently purchased some of the frozen kava. I have to agree with everyone else who's said it's very tasty. In fact, my fiancee has no qualms about drinking the freshly frozen kava and it goes much faster.

kl.r3mote

Kava Curious
looking forward to trying this frozen fresh kava when the new batch is in stock.
this is an awesome gift to give... even if you are asking money for it, I think it's something really special many of us would never have had the chance to experience.
big thanks to paradisekava, and it's really no surprise that it's such a hot seller at the asking prices (smiley: tongue)
man, I really can't wait for this stuff! (smiley: happy) I hope it comes back in stock during the summer!

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Current Batch is outstanding. It's Certified Organic and highly aromatic. Just a few dozen orders in stock till the next batch. Get it while you can!

kavalover

Outsider
Wow I could smell this stuff the moment the fed ex guy handed it to me. I'm surprised he didn't ask me what it was heh. Man, I wish all of you who have never had fresh kava before could be here with me right now, even if only to smell this stuff lol. It's so grassy, vegetative, just smells right but also odd because this is not the smell I'm familiar with, since I'm more accustomed to dried kava.

Anyways, once I got into my kitchen I brewed up about four cups of room temp water with a good portion of this wet kava. Maybe, 4 - 5 tbsp if not (probably) a little more and then saved the used pulp. Whew, this is a good batch, paradisekava wasn't kidding. I've had about two shells so far and am starting to finally enjoy my day off. No, I'm reeeeaaallly starting to enjoy my day off. Which is saying a lot since I'm supposed to be on vacation but instead am left at home stressed over a bunch of crap.

As for taste, just as it smells. Very vegetative, small grassy hints but
not as much as I could smell at first, definitely tastes kava as I was
knocking back the first shell. Very mild, yet so full of flavor, heavy I
like that. My mouth was pretty numb after that first shell, too heh,
but that went away pretty quickly.

It's been about 15 minutes since my last shell, and I'm feeling a very nice soothing relaxation starting around my eyes, and slowly moving south down toward my shoulders, arms, lungs, legs. Very, very relaxing so far. Emotionally I feel great, I'm starting to get into that kava mind where things can just slow down for a bit, so that I can just sit and think for once. This is all very common for me with kava in general but I'm usually not this amazed until at least 40 minutes after drinking a few more shells. The fact that this kava is already taking me to that place is, well, I remember why I was so excited to get this stuff in the first place

;)

I'm going to go have another shell or two, I strongly recommend getting yourself some of this batch if you can, it's awesome

kl.penguinbrah

Kava Curious
I can't create a new thread for someone, does anyone know what's going on with paradise kava? I ordered the fresh frozen kava and it should've arrived today as per their website but it hasn't nor have I received a tracking number. I tried emailing them and got no response either.. any ideas?

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Kava Lovers~

New Fresh Frozen Batch in stock.

It's Pure Mahakea! One of the best batches we've had!

Check it out.

kl.penguinbrah

Kava Curious
thank you very much, got an email response as well!
really looking forward to trying this stuff out, will be my first time with fresh kava - i've only tried extracts before!

kavalover

Outsider
Let me know how the new batch tastes/smells/feels! I won't have enough in my budget to afford this stuff right now...