What's new

Paradise Kava's Fijian

krunkedout

Kava Lover
grudge said:
Krunkedout said:
Man just the thought of this stuff is making my mouth water! Unfortunately I've been spoiled by KBR and BKH with their 30 a pound prices, do you guys think this stuff is worth the near 60 price tag?
Well, yes and no.  Price has a tendency to go up faster than quality, because of the old 80/20 rule (for 20% of the effort you can get 80% of the results).  So is that $80 bottle of wine really 4 times better than the $20?  No, probably not, but IF you enjoy wine and want to get some made with the grapes grown on some tiny farm in France which have a unique taste, then yes it is worth it.  I will say that this is top quality kava, but I only ordered it after I signed a big contract as a reward to myself.  Life is short, you got to treat yourself special sometimes.
that's funny that you say this grudge, my dad always got the cheap bottles of wine and said they were just as good as the expensive ones haha. So how does this compare to the black back kava from BKH? There both priced about the same and what not, but if there's anyone who has tried them both, would you recommend one or the other?

kl.grudge

Kava Curious
Krunkedout said:
that's funny that you say this grudge, my dad always got the cheap bottles of wine and said they were just as good as the expensive ones haha. So how does this compare to the black back kava from BKH? There both priced about the same and what not, but if there's anyone who has tried them both, would you recommend one or the other?
Actually I am usually a 'cheap bottle of wine' person myself.  That being for things I am interested in, I don't mind paying.  Once traveled to Belgium, in part, to have one of the hardest to get and possibly the best beer in the world - the Westvleteren 12.  Not so pricey per bottle, but if you count in the air fare, it adds up to quite a bit ;-)  Actually, for me the Fijian and most recent Black Bag (didn't try the original) are fairly comparable but I like the smoother grind of the Fijian and so it might edge out Black Bag.  Really you can't go wrong on either, however.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
A truly magnificent country Belgium is, friendly people and good chocolate! And thanks for the advice grudge, sounds like I might prefer the black bag just because I've always liked more of a courser grind, makes it easier to kneed and what not. Once I have sufficient funds and am able to spoil myself a little ill have to get some. Yet still, this Fijian sounds pretty awesome, oh the decisions.. Lol

just tried the fijian tonight and FINALLY for the first time, I felt real euphoria!  Before, all I could ever get was a relaxed feeling but this kava was so good that it hurdled all the others and gave me a genuiene high.  Paradise Kava,  I'm yours for life.  I'll be ordering the frozen kava as soon as my husband gets payed in a couple days, along with a few other things to try out.  I thought I still had a reverse tolerance.  Every adult in my house is krunked!  I think I may  bring the kava to my halloween party tommorow and skip the drinking!  I'd rather drink kava.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Well, enjoy that Fijian since we are just about out.

A few 1/4 pound bags left.

We started the process to source this exact kava a while back, and leads are slim to none as usual.

Sure many other varieties are available but not the Southern Fijian Waka (Lateral roots onle) of Kava specifically from Kavadu Islands, our favorite.

Last time, we were back ordered for an entire year and some.

This time, we are hoping for a miracle.

A.G

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
out of the water. Don't get me wrong, rexs stuff for that price is reallly really nice. This fijian though had my head spinning and floating like nothing else. I honestly felt like it was too strong at some points. The cerebral effects of this kava are unmatched imo.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
NDG, there is a reason this was backordered for 14 months the last time. Also, Krunkedout, just go for the Black bag, I hear it's good stuff.
Our Fijian is not up for sale anymore, just yet.
A.G

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I ended up going with stone from n@h since their prices are so low. But hopefully in a couple pay checks I will be gettin some of your fine Fijian (assuming there is some in stock still of course)

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Krunkedout, When we get the Fijian Kava back (which may be a while), remind me to offer the first 20 pounds for $44.95 a pound as a promo ;)

krunkedout

Kava Lover
paradisekava said:
Krunkedout, When we get the Fijian Kava back (which may be a while), remind me to offer the first 20 pounds for $44.95 a pound as a promo ;)
sounds like an awesome promo! I'll be sure to remind you :)

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
I had a little Fijian left over from the batch back in the end of the summer. Finished it off during the week. Hands down still the best kava I've tried. Has the current batch sold out? Bummed I didn't order some!!