What's new

Keep that Tudei out of my Nobel!

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
I have noticed that some the reputable vendors on this forum also sell Tudei Kava. This has got me wondering if any of their other Nobel Varieties have possibly been mixed with Tudei? I have heard that there is an overubundance of Tudei that was grown in Vanuatu and that they may mix a small percentage in with their Nobles to get rid of it. anybody have the inside deal with this? Bula, Peace

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
immense, intense discussion about this topic here over the last couple years...and pretty thorough test results compiled in a section that had to be moved to a by-request-only location.

D

Deleted User01

It had to be removed because of the "cries of anguish" and "howls of protest" from some of the vendors. We have Newbies coming in everyday and they do not have access to this important information. And I have to sit here and listen to unsuspecting members complain about Nausea and Kava Hangovers and I can't do anything about it.

In a nutshell, some of the Kava Farmers (not the ones in the U.S.) are mixing Tudei with their Noble Kava and selling it to "our Vendors" as Noble Kava. Tudei is not considered a safe kava for daily use because it can cause Nausea and even Kava Hangovers. @Harpos's Tests ferreted out the bad lavas and then the controversy began. However, there is a happy ending, I think that slowly but surely the farmers are shaping up after the vendors gave them an earful ... but some of them are still selling "blended" kava. By the way, "blended" is our secret code name for Tudei Kava. Here are some links from the Kava Library that may be of help to anyone new to Kava.

http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Testing-and-Safety.html
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Recipes.html
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Fresh-Harvest-Newsletter.html

Last edited by a moderator:

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Why did it have to be moved to a "by request only" location?
Due to the fact that there isn't any solid information as to what chemical causes the amber color in the acetone test. We were, in effect, making suggestions based on science that is incomplete at the time.

However, once the marker that causes the coloring is discovered, the section will be opened back up for the general public.

Also, @Paulie-Paul and @Rookietwoshoes I have added the necessary permissions for both of you to view the acetone discussion forum.

D

Deleted User01

What Kapmcrunk says is true. We have all the leading scientists agreeing that the color test is accurate, "in their opinion" only. I don't know if there will be one "marker" that signals that a Kava is potentially dangerous. There are 6 major kavalactones and a plethora of minor ones and a boat load of enzymes in Kava. They are all descendants from the one original Kava Plant in the garden of Eden (you know what I mean). So what does it take for this science to be true? Well you ain't gonna like this but the FDA would have to come in and say it's so.

When I see all the known Noble Kavas on the top of Deleted User's lab tests and the ones making people sick at the bottom, then I use the "smoking gun" theory. For my part, I'm sending @Deleted User more samples to test. So that being said, I'm sending @Deleted User a sample of the Micronized Boroguru from GHK so he can test it. I had it yesterday with no ill effects (except an early bedtime). :LOL: It is from Vanuatu and I want confirmation that Chris's farmer buddy is doing him right. But I also want to set an example for the rest of you to help Deleted User in his quest.

R

Rookietwoshoes

So basically what you're saying is that there's only a select number of vendors to purchase 'safe' kava from?

D

Deleted User01

So basically what you're saying is that there's only a select number of vendors to purchase 'safe' kava from?
For the most part, stick with the vendors in this forum because we watch them carefully and you can get good feedback about their product. Some of the vendors sell both Noble and blended kavas. The exception is GHK. All their Kavas are Noble because Chris (@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava) is both the farmer and processor. That is why you will see him leading the charge anytime somebody mentions blended kavas. Here is a link to an old Fresh Harvest Newsletter which discusses how Kava came to be blended in the first place. It is the second article in the middle of the page.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
With our recent surge in membership, and in "bad experience" threads, I think it's time to open the blinds...
I have to agree, with so many new kava drinkers getting bad effects it is imperative that they know they can drink Noble kava, they have to know why they might be getting sick.
I will also say that at the end of this year we are having an international Kava symposium, and there is new information coming out from several experts. I still think we should have a way that the new members who are less experienced with drinking kava and the different kinds of kava to tell if they may or may not get sick. It makes me feel bad for the ones who get sick or have bad effects, I keep thinking if only they tried a good Noble kava. I never get sick with Noble kava, that is why I sell "ONLY" "NOBLE KAVA" all the time. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

R

Rookietwoshoes

For the most part, stick with the vendors in this forum because we watch them carefully and you can get good feedback about their product. Some of the vendors sell both Noble and blended kavas. The exception is GHK. All their Kavas are Noble because Chris (@Gourmet Hawaiian Kava) is both the farmer and processor. That is why you will see him leading the charge anytime somebody mentions blended kavas. Here is a link to an old Fresh Harvest Newsletter which discusses how Kava came to be blended in the first place. It is the second article in the middle of the page.
The results on the 11 year waka look awful. Is that a blend? Has Deleted User had a chance to test their Noble Nangol? I believe that is a blend as well, right?

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
The results on the 11 year waka look awful. Is that blended as well? Has Deleted User had a chance to test their Noble Nangol? I believe that is a blend as well, right?
I think we should perhaps stop using the term "blend" for adulterated kava & simply refer to is as adulterated. I was going to suggest it earlier because I thought newbs may get it a bit mixed up. What do you guys think.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
It had to be removed because of the "cries of anguish" and "howls of protest" from some of the vendors. We have Newbies coming in everyday and they do not have access to this important information. And I have to sit here and listen to unsuspecting members complain about Nausea and Kava Hangovers and I can't do anything about it.

In a nutshell, some of the Kava Farmers (not the ones in the U.S.) are mixing Tudei with their Noble Kava and selling it to "our Vendors" as Noble Kava. Tudei is not considered a safe kava for daily use because it can cause Nausea and even Kava Hangovers. @Harpos's Tests ferreted out the bad lavas and then the controversy began. However, there is a happy ending, I think that slowly but surely the farmers are shaping up after the vendors gave them an earful ... but some of them are still selling "blended" kava. By the way, "blended" is our secret code name for Tudei Kava. Here are some links from the Kava Library that may be of help to anyone new to Kava.

http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Testing-and-Safety.html
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Recipes.html
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Fresh-Harvest-Newsletter.html
I to at
I have to agree, with so many new kava drinkers getting bad effects it is imperative that they know they can drink Noble kava, they have to know why they might be getting sick.
I will also say that at the end of this year we are having an international Kava symposium, and there is new information coming out from several experts. I still think we should have a way that the new members who are less experienced with drinking kava and the different kinds of kava to tell if they may or may not get sick. It makes me feel bad for the ones who get sick or have bad effects, I keep thinking if only they tried a good Noble kava. I never get sick with Noble kava, that is why I sell "ONLY" "NOBLE KAVA" all the time. (y)
Aloha.

Chris
Love your Noble Kava Chris.I never have to worry