What's new

Kava for us in Europe?

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
Kava Cola said:
midas said:
@KavaCola....OMG OMG OMG, a Kava vendor in my home country....my prayers have been answered!
Hows it goin a Chara, yes we will be up and running I hope within the fortnight, have 55 Kilos here now and 45 kilos leaving Port Vila tomorrow all being well. I have Kava Cola samples here in Ireland now if you'd like to try some. I can send you some by courier...
I think if you have a good product to sell you'll do very well in Europe. I've gotten a couple of my friends into kava but they're reluctant to order from outside of Europe, so they just bum my kava  instead (smiley: ohwell) I'd love to try some of your Kava Cola samples, sounds like a really interesting product! I've noticed that product is for sale in the vanuatukavastore.com...do you get your kava root from the same source as those guys too? I've never tried their kava but they seem to get good feedback.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
Prince Philip said:
Kava Cola wrote:

'Sippin Syrup' sounds like drowsy cough syrup, any idea of the actives in it?

It does sound nasty, especially as there is a " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">dreadful little song  about codene abuse by just about the same name.

One of the things that raised my eyebrows on it was that it had vitamin D.  Not D3... just "D."

Kava was the last herbal ingredient listed, under Skullcap, St. John's Wort, Hops, Rose Hips, and Valarian, Melatonin, L-Theanine, Lavender, and Chamomile, in reverse order.  All herbs in extract form.  The actual syrup component comes from an extract of high-fructose corn (maize).
HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN!!! I just watched Food Inc, they make everything from Corn!

If it was the last listed then its of course the least of the ingredients, Skullcap is inactive unless its the right kind harvested at the right time, L-Theanine is more of a focus/concentration substance as far as I know, Melatonin would be the most active maybe.

Yes Ive heard of the Purple Drank and the homemade Codeine drink, (we have Solpadeine here, active is Codeine, half the population of women in Ireland seem to be completely addicted to it).

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
If sleep is like a nail, then Melatonin is a hammer. The problem is that sleep is usually an innocent picture hanging nail, the kind you can normally push into drywall with your thumb. The 2 grams per bottle of Sippin' Syrup or the 3 gram drugstore pills are like sledge hammers. Naturally occurring plant-based melatonin in the amount of about 0.3g is just so much healthier, and more restful at that.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
midas said:
Kava Cola wrote:
midas wrote:mad:KavaCola....OMG OMG OMG, a Kava vendor in my home country....my prayers have been answered!
Hows it goin a Chara, yes we will be up and running I hope within the fortnight, have 55 Kilos here now and 45 kilos leaving Port Vila tomorrow all being well. I have Kava Cola samples here in Ireland now if you'd like to try some. I can send you some by courier...

I think if you have a good product to sell you'll do very well in Europe. I've gotten a couple of my friends into kava but they're reluctant to order from outside of Europe, so they just bum my kava  instead (image) I'd love to try some of your Kava Cola samples, sounds like a really interesting product! I've noticed that product is for sale in the vanuatukavastore.com...do you get your kava root from the same source as those guys too? I've never tried their kava but they seem to get good feedback.
Yes Im partners with vanuatukavastore, Ive known them for 6 or 7 years and I've lived in Vanuatu next door to them for 8 months, really nice guys, they actually give back to the community and are all either Ni-Vanuatu themselves or married to Ni-Vanuatu and are completely part of the local community. My Kava is their Kava and I have no problem saying that, its great stuff and they do really know hat they are doing. They have connections, friendships and business relationships with the farmers and transporters of Kava that would take years for anyone else to achieve.

To be honest a lot of other vendors also buy from vanuatukavastore but don't say so (Im not saying they should, thats their choice, I am proud to carry VKS Kava as I know where it comes from and how much care they take when selecting it). Can I ask where you usually buy your Kava from? I ask because I am interested in where everyone is getting their Kava? Hawaii, Fiji, Vanuatu? And yes a lot of folk like Kava but dont like it enough to actually buy their own LOL.

I can send either a 6 bottle sampler to you for free in the spirit of friendship and as a celebration of finding this forum or I can send you a 20 bottle sampler box but I would have to charge about 10euro for that...because of the weight the courier costs are substantial...

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
I've tried the puritan pride brand 3mg Melatonin tablets and find that they give me a 20/30 min window where If Im relaxed enough I can get to sleep. I can feel grouchy in the morning after a few nights in a row of taking them though (then again I am grumpy sod in the mornings anyway lol).

Are you in the States Prince Philip? Any Nakamals/Kava Bars near you?

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
That's a tough question to answer...

I tend to insist that I am Prince Philip Mountbatten, Deleted User is Deleted User Marx, and metacog's girlfriend really is Leah Dizon, etc.

Once I step out from behind the fourth wall, though, I'm several hundred miles from a kava bar.

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
@Kava Cola. I buy root powder from Bulakavahouse.com, kavabyrex.com and realkava.com and I buy some candies and kava extract from Steve's website too, kavakavacandy.com. I think that the only Vanuatu strain I've tried so far is the melo melo from BKH, I'd love to try some others too though.

That's a very generous offer regarding the kava cola. If almost feel bad taking you up on it, but if you're absolutely sure, I'd love to try them :) I'm willing to cover whatever the courier costs are, of course, and I'll share them with my friends too (not that I'll have a choice) by way of promoting your product.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
midas said:
@Kava Cola. I buy root powder from Bulakavahouse.com, kavabyrex.com and realkava.com and I buy some candies and kava extract from Steve's website too, kavakavacandy.com. I think that the only Vanuatu strain I've tried so far is the melo melo from BKH, I'd love to try some others too though.

That's a very generous offer regarding the kava cola. If almost feel bad taking you up on it, but if you're absolutely sure, I'd love to try them :) I'm willing to cover whatever the courier costs are, of course, and I'll share them with my friends too (not that I'll have a choice) by way of promoting your product.
Steve is a cool guy, Il have his candy in stock as well, I still haven't managed to try it though, how strong is it? I've been talking to him for a few years as well back when he only had the Ozia flavoured powder Kava.

Melo Melo is whats in my Cola, its good stuff but as Ive said its a water extracted resin we use and not root or root powder, the Maewo lads strain the Melo Melo in huge amounts for us and then we extract the Kavalactones from that so it should be stronger than what you had.

Email me at [email protected] with an address and I'l try get the samples off to you tomorrow as I have some samples to send to elsewhere but it could be Tuesday before I get them sent off. I cant use An Post because they wont allow liquids and are extremely expensive on the weight but by Fastway or GLS I can get them to you within 24 hours of sending them. Dont feel guilty, I'm glad to get the product out there and have about 100/120 sample bottles left (after that I have to charge so take advantage while you can!).

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
Prince Philip said:
That's a tough question to answer...

I tend to insist that I am Prince Philip Mountbatten, Deleted User is Deleted User Marx, and metacog's girlfriend really is Leah Dizon, etc.

Once I step out from behind the fourth wall, though, I'm several hundred miles from a kava bar.
Well Im several thousand so we are both at a loss lol

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
@ Kava Cola

Yea, Steve seems like a really nice guy to deal with. I really like his candies, I don't find them all that potent on their own but they definitely enchance my kava drinking sessions when I use them as a palate cleanser between shells. I also find they work pretty well the day after drinking root too, and they're so convenient to carry with you too.

I'll fire you off an email here.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
midas said:
@ Kava Cola

Yea, Steve seems like a really nice guy to deal with. I really like his candies, I don't find them all that potent on their own but they definitely enchance my kava drinking sessions when I use them as a palate cleanser between shells. I also find they work pretty well the day after drinking root too, and they're so convenient to carry with you too.

I'll fire you off an email here.
Aye they seem like a perfect aftertaste cleanser thats for sure, was hoping they would be more potent but to be honest it would be hard to put enough Kava, be it powder,extract or whatever, into a small candy like that to give a real strong effect. Still I think its a decent product that I will give a try. As you say they are handy to have (so is my Cola, 250ml bottles, just right!)

Looking forward to sending you some Cola, when ever you like just fire through an email and Il get on to it.

kl.CharlieE1992

Kava Curious
Kava supplier within the EU? Awesome.

Just ordered my first ever KG from BKH, and I expect it to be here within a few days, so not gonna be ordering for a while - very interesting and good to know though, cheers!

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Kava Cola - great to see you on here :)  Always nice to see friends come into different mediums (ie. email, facebook, here on yuku).  Hope the Kava Cola goes well...I will have to order some when you get everything up and running. 

As vendors, Kava Cola and I have been crossing paths (first on Twitter believe it or not) and working together for quite sometime...very cool guy and always a pleasure to work with.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
CharlieE1992 said:
Kava supplier within the EU? Awesome.

Just ordered my first ever KG from BKH, and I expect it to be here within a few days, so not gonna be ordering for a while - very interesting and good to know though, cheers!
Thanks, no rush mate, never a rush with Kava lol (except of course when you do order some, I will get it to you in a hurry lol)

By the way, Im new to Facebook but feel free to add, poke, follow or like or whatever it is you do on there and Il reciprocate!

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
Steve said:
Kava Cola - great to see you on here :)  Always nice to see friends come into different mediums (ie. email, facebook, here on yuku).  Hope the Kava Cola goes well...I will have to order some when you get everything up and running. 

As vendors, Kava Cola and I have been crossing paths (first on Twitter believe it or not) and working together for quite sometime...very cool guy and always a pleasure to work with.
STEVE! Didn't know you were here, hope all's well mate, I've probably gave you my facebook a million times but here it is again for you and anyone else who wants to look, I'm really new at this so if I dont add or friend you immediately have mercy, I've been avoiding Facebook for years, this is my first foray into it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lava-Cola-Vanuatu-Kava/508688959179232

(hope its ok to post facebook address here, forgive me Admin if not

Hey kavakola,

Dublin native here. Just happened upon this forum and on your posts. Really happy to know that I won't have to pay ridiculous shipping costs for my kava. When will you be up and running. Hope to put an order in soon. Would also love to try those Colas,.they sound v interesting. Anyway best of luck with it all, i'm sure you'll do well being the only EU supplier.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
ObiWan said:
@ Kava Cola:

when do you expect the webshop at http://www.globalkavaexports.com/ to be online?
Hello Obi Wan your my only h... sorry, love Star Wars, we are about a week and a half away from opening, thank you for asking. Im awaiting a few varieties of Kava to arrive, they are leaving Vanuatu on Wednesday so I expect them a week later, give me a few days to package the new varieties and then we are ready!

Where do you get your Kava from at the moment ?

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
kavapaul said:
Hey kavakola,

Dublin native here. Just happened upon this forum and on your posts. Really happy to know that I won't have to pay ridiculous shipping costs for my kava. When will you be up and running. Hope to put an order in soon. Would also love to try those Colas,.they sound v interesting. Anyway best of luck with it all, i'm sure you'll do well being the only EU supplier.
Hey Paul,

Good to see more Irish Kava users, I rarely come across anyone who even knows what it is but you're the second person on here from Ireland I've dealt with.

I've tried my best to mirror the prices of South Pacific Kava vendors but you may find something that cost $35.00 from Vanuatu may cost €35.00/ €39.00 from my site, Im sorry about this but shipping will be included in the price already and you know yourself how expensive it is in Ireland mate, it just isn't possible for me to charge exactly the same as I have to ship it all over here, pay duty then pay tax etc etc, but I promise Im doing my best to keep costs low and prices low without sacrificing quality of service. We post Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays which means your order will always be sent within 48 hours (excluding weekends) of ordering and if you are in dublin you will receive the order the next day after its posted. Plus no bullshit with customs and hopefully I may even be cheaper than your usual supplier.

The Cola is fantastic mate, I was only able to do 20x bottle packs but will now also be able to offer 8x bottle packs so you can try it without breaking the bank, I also had free samples up until last week but now I have to charge full price. Put an order in though and Il look after you on your second order. The Lava Cola really is worth trying, I have 105 bottles here right now and 600 on the way Wednesday alongside about another 45 kilos of Root and Powder Kava.

Keep in touch and dont be afraid to email me anytime at [email protected], keep up the good work mate, Kava is the way forward!

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
Hi Kava Cola,

at the moment I order from Kava by Rex. Last year I also ordered from the Vanuata Kava Store but had mixed results. Their Malekula Magic was a great Kava when I ordered it the first two times. All Malekula-packages they sent me later contained obviously a totally different batch which had very low effects.

As I am from Germany, my hope is that shipping inside the EU is cheaper and with lower risk (concering the customs). So I am anxious to see your prices :)

Will all your root powder come from VKS, or do you have also other suppliers?