What's new

Free Malekula Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ow, looks like I am late to the party. Thanks for the message though. :) Very nice of you.
We have added another 250gm for you mate, PM me your details when you have time!

That's it for now folks, thank you for getting in touch and we wont be sending anymore out for now

Hey guys,

You must have got your Kava, have any of you tried it yet?

We kno that the following samples left shipped and deliveried on the following dates, I am awaiting confirmation on one more Swedish order.
Destination America - Shipped April 23rd - Delivered 28th April (4 working days to the States is a great delivery time)
Destination Germany - Shipped April 24th - Delivered 30th April (5 working days to Germany is slow, usually we manage this in 2 or 3 working days)
Destination Sweden - Shipped April 29th - Delivered 4th May (5 working days to Sweden is normal, good time)
Destination Hungary - Shipped April 29th - Delivered 7th May ( 7 working days is not our best shipping time but pretty good to the other end of Europe)

Any feed back is welcome guys, bad or good :)

Shantu

Kava Curious
Ah, forgot to send you feedback. :)
Tried it today for the 3rd time, I just couldn't wait. Not sure exactly what I should be feeling and how strong, but I do feel it and it's very enjoyable I think. I get into a good mood and also become very tired. I just couldn't stop looking at the clock yesterday "damn it's only 10pm, I shouldn't be so tired yet" :)
The taste is also nowhere near as horrid (I actually somewhat enjoy it) as other forumers describe other kavas, so that's another big plus. I will write a full-fledged review once I get close to the end of the bag.
Negatives are some stomach discomfort, but maybe it will get better once I stop using a cotton sock and force myself to eat a dinner.

As for the shipping, it was all fine. 7 days was due to the holidays I think, tracking said it arrived in 3 days or something like that.

Oh, and lest I forget, here's a not-so-good picture of a not-so-bad glass of Malekula Magic... one of five:

Thanks. :]

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Hey guys,

You must have got your Kava, have any of you tried it yet?

We kno that the following samples left shipped and deliveried on the following dates, I am awaiting confirmation on one more Swedish order.
Destination America - Shipped April 23rd - Delivered 28th April (4 working days to the States is a great delivery time)
Destination Germany - Shipped April 24th - Delivered 30th April (5 working days to Germany is slow, usually we manage this in 2 or 3 working days)
Destination Sweden - Shipped April 29th - Delivered 4th May (5 working days to Sweden is normal, good time)
Destination Hungary - Shipped April 29th - Delivered 7th May ( 7 working days is not our best shipping time but pretty good to the other end of Europe)

Any feed back is welcome guys, bad or good :)
I posted a review

bobarctor

Kava Curious
Yeah, the shipping really was quick - a clear plus compared to ordering from other well-established kava suppliers overseas.

My first impressios is that this really is a kava for those days when you do not really care for either the straight-out pungent or the "well, it is acceptable". Smooth taste and delicious looking colour. I tend to get stomach discomfort from kava easily, and I think this went down a little better than, say, melo melo (which usually tends to agree pretty well with me in this department). Didn't feel I've nailed what to say about potency and characteristics of this specific cultivar from one go only, but I am very happy that I still got enough to try it out a couple of times more - thanks a bunch GKE!

Last edited:
I just had two glasses of the Malekula, it's my first time trying Malekula outside of Vanuatu. I have to say that while I was kneading the Kava in the bowl that the smell and texture brought me right back to the islands. It's a smooth Kava for sure but with the notorious nasty aftertaste (at least for me). There is enough for a third glass there but I am reluctant to try it as I'm afraid my stomach can't take it lol. I am going to give it half an hour and then try it.

I also just remembered why no one really drinks Kava in the morning...I have no desire whatsoever to go and do anything and I know I have to go get my printer from the office and print off a whole load of stuff...maybe later :happy:

I have to say I am really happy with the effect. I have mostly stuck to using the Quick Kava Powder (Instant) since coming back from Vanuatu and to be honest after about a year of drinkig that on and off you really yearn for something else. This Malekula is equal to having a 100 shell (large) of Kava in Vanuatu for sure. I am most happy indeed and to be honest I can't be bothered typing anymore.

I know I said I wouldn't type anymore but I can't help it, this is a real creep up on you Kava, it just keeps getting stronger, I'm not going to bother with the third glass.
Malekula is definitely my new favourite! I know reviewing your own Kava isn't normal but I don't care, just thouht I'd share the experience with you guys.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
o.k. , so I am starting to write a review... not easy for me, because english is not my mother language.

Thanks to Cian from GKE for the free package which gives me the opportunity to test the current batch of this Kava. Shipment from Ireland to Germany took only a few days.

So what do we know about Malekula Magic? It is described on the VKS homepage (the original supplier) as follows:

"Our smoothest-tasting kava powder is the Malekula Magic range. Malekula Magic is made by removing all of the skin off the stump root (no lateral roots are used). It's then refined into a powder. This is done to replicate the kastom way that the villages in Malekula prepare their kava which is to remove all the skin with a piece of coral.
Rated by Kavasseur as one of their best kava powders in the world - 9.33/10 - the Malekula range has become one of our most popular kava powders."

The GKS page explains it similar, but gives some additional informations:

"Strain: Borogu
Effect: Very Strong
Taste: Smooth as it is made using ONLY stump

This is the mildest tasting Kava blend we have, so if you are introducing a wary friend to Kava or who has a weak stomach then this is the product for them. It's not only for first timers though, and is a favourite with experienced Kava drinkers because of its stronger effects compared to other strains of Kava.

Sourced from the earthy and rich soil found in Malekula, it is an extremely smooth blend of Kava.We buy Kava straight from the growers in Malekula. It is prepared by them in the 'Kastom' (custom) Malekula method by removing a large amount of the skin, which reduces the bitter taste normally associated with Kava
from other neighbouring islands."

The Malekula Magic was one of the first Kavas I tried when I started drinking Kava in 2011. I was thrilled by the Kavasseur`s review and was very satisfied with the stuff. It had a coarse grind and tasted rellay mild. The effects were really strong. But later, when I ordered more, I was no longer satisfied. They still called it Malekula Magic, but it seemed to be a different Kava. Fine grind, other taste, very weak effects. So I was curious to see how the current quality in 2014 is.

Usually I take 10-15 gramms of Tongan Pride with about 200ml water in the morning, but I also have experience with a dozen other Kavas.
In the last days, I tested up to 20g Malekula Magic every morning, but unfortunately... I am not impressed about the effects. There is a noticeable feeling in the head, but I miss an euphoric kick. I felt absolutely no muscle relaxation. What I wonder is: Is it even possible, that this Kava has very strong effects, when it contains no lateral roots?

About the taste: Compared to the Kanna Kaolik or Marang-Marang this is much less peppery. But there are definitely Kavas with a milder taste.

I hate to say this, but in my opinion this is a very weak and decent Kava. It has definitely not the same quality as the stuff I had in 2011 and is probably also not the same Malekula Magic that the Kavasseur has rated.
The best I can say is that it really seems to be better tolerated by my stomach and intestinal than other Kavas.

But be aware: Kava effects are not equal for everybody. So everyone's opinion is bound to be subjective. Do not stop from testing Malekula Magic and build up your own mind!

pellegrino

Kava Curious
Hey i picked up my kava 2 days ago from the post office,i have never drank kava before..but i will chip in on a review after i tried it.
thanks for the kava global (fast dellivery and all):)

Hey i picked up my kava 2 days ago from the post office,i have never drank kava before..but i will chip in on a review after i tried it.
thanks for the kava global (fast dellivery and all):)
Hey mate, don't forget to have a look at this vid if you haven't prepared Kava before, it's one of the most simple and easy to follow I have seen

I wish I saw this thread sooner.

I'm looking to buy some more Malekula from GKE soon..
Hey Keeron, haven't chatted in a while. If you order something I will throw 250gm MM in on top but unfortunately our next promotion like the free 250gm won't be for a few weeks. We are getting 250 Kilo in a few weeks and then we will hopefully do another promo

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Keeron, haven't chatted in a while. If you order something I will throw 250gm MM in on top but unfortunately our next promotion like the free 250gm won't be for a few weeks. We are getting 250 Kilo in a few weeks and then we will hopefully do another promo
Hey i forgot to reply:facepalm:.

Ok thats great, let me know when you get a new 250 Kilo batch.
Im currently working my way through 1 kilo of Kava, so im going to order again soon.

Working on a new offer at the moment...will get back with more info shortly.
yeah thats great. let us know!:D

Hey i forgot to reply:facepalm:.

Ok thats great, let me know when you get a new 250 Kilo batch.
Im currently working my way through 1 kilo of Kava, so im going to order again soon.

yeah thats great. let us know!:D
Looks like it will be late July before I get any new stock, will be 500 Kilo this time again I think. Though next time it could be a tonne and use sea freight to try and lower prices. Trying to get the prices down is really wrecking my head but we will achieve it soon I hope.

What were you looking to order this time, maybe I can help.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Looks like it will be late July before I get any new stock, will be 500 Kilo this time again I think. Though next time it could be a tonne and use sea freight to try and lower prices. Trying to get the prices down is really wrecking my head but we will achieve it soon I hope.

What were you looking to order this time, maybe I can help.
Looks like I'm going to have to order sooner!! lol And also order again in July too to get some Super Fresh Kava.
I'm looking to order the same, which is Malekula Magic.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. As I was starting up a business that required me to import things.
There is a lot of stress when it comes to importing.

But yeah, I'm looking to order some Malekula Magic soon, and also In July.
I was just gonna wait until your offers started. etc.

Wow, why didnt i grab this offer??, i must of been krunked.... Does this offer still stand ? I'll order some of this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.