What's new

Bourgo vs Boroguru and new to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
@BulaKavaMan
Can you give us an official response to a few questions? I'm sure this would be appreciated by all:

1. Do you agree or disagree with the recommendation that only noble kava should be consumed on a regular basis?
2. Are you aware of the problems in Vanuatu, and the fact that much of the kava exported is known to contain tuday?
3. Are you aware that a Vanuatu COA may not be accurate?
4. Do you routinely test your kava after you receive it, and before you offer it for sale?
5. Do you believe that all kava should be accurately labeled as noble, blend, or tuday, so that consumers can make an informed buying decision based on their own personal preferences?

Thank you!
that are good questions!
Am I the only one who thinks that BKH didn't give sufficient answers?
I expect from a professional kava supplier that he is able to do the same simple tests like we in this forum. How can it be that people get adultered Kava when they have tested it before??
And this answer in another thread is also fully insufficient. It doesn't matter if they knew the problem before or not - now they know it. My expectation is that they do their own investigations and tests and -once they can reproduce our testing results- find a way to reimburse their customers.
But statements like "any questions any members have could likely be answered there if they read carefully" or "If you choose to order from another vendor, we can respect that" sound very arrogant for me.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
that are good questions!
I expect from a professional kava supplier that he is able to do the same simple tests like we in this forum. How can it be that people get adultered Kava when they have tested it before??
And this answer in another thread is also fully insufficient. It doesn't matter if they knew the problem before or not - now they know it. My expectation is that they do their own investigations and tests and -once they can reproduce our testing results- find a way to reimburse their customers.
But statements like "any questions any members have could likely be answered there if they read carefully" or "If you choose to order from another vendor, we can respect that" sound very arrogant for me.
Hi ObiWan,

I can fully sympathize with where you're coming from. They're most likely covering themselves against any potential claims of negligence. The "read carefully" ... yes we've waited awhile to respond in order to make sure all our kava is now compliant and going forward we will do test upon test and we will ensure every ounce of kava is indeed now what we claim

Last edited:
B

BulaKavaMan

that are good questions!
We are doing everything we can to ensure the kava that we sell is of the highest quality possible. We have spoken with suppliers about this subject, looked at previous tests, scheduled new ones, and researched evidence showing all of our products' origin. Unfortunately we've learned from previous interaction on this forum that if something we say doesn't agree with the general consensus here we get attacked. Because of that, we decided it was best to look at the claims reported here, give a brief reply, and do our own quality control. We are the only supplier outside of GHK to say anything about this subject on this forum. We are known on this forum and in the kava world as a whole as one of the highest, if not the highest respected online vendors. I would think those facts lend us some credit, but if you don't like our approach here all we can say is that we're sorry.

We are working on a blog post that addresses tudei/noble, adulteration, and testing methods. Keep an eye out for it if you want more from our perspective.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
We are doing everything we can to ensure the kava that we sell is of the highest quality possible. We have spoken with suppliers about this subject, looked at previous tests, scheduled new ones, and researched evidence showing all of our products' origin. Unfortunately we've learned from previous interaction on this forum that if something we say doesn't agree with the general consensus here we get attacked. Because of that, we decided it was best to look at the claims reported here, give a brief reply, and do our own quality control. We are the only supplier outside of GHK to say anything about this subject on this forum. We are known on this forum and in the kava world as a whole as one of the highest, if not the highest respected online vendors. I would think those facts lend us some credit, but if you don't like our approach here all we can say is that we're sorry.

We are working on a blog post that addresses tudei/noble, adulteration, and testing methods. Keep an eye out for it if you want more from our perspective.
I very much look forward to seeing your blog post on these issues. If it is not too much problem, it would also be great if you chose to paste at least some of its content under a thread here, so that your opinion can reach more people and so that people can voice their questions and comments. I don't think anyone here is interested in attacking you or your products. You are right, you have a solid reputation for supplying excellent kavas and offering amazing service (including incredibly fast shipping). It is also appreciated that Judd spent some time on the islands and that you are in direct contact with your suppliers/farmers.

However, if true, this tudei adulteration is a serious business. If these tests are accurate and they indeed prove that some of your kavas advertised as noble might have contained tudei then you have a problem. Even if tudei is not harmful (as some people have argued), you surely agree that customers have a right to make an informed decision and that they should not be in any way deceived. So if these tests are accurate I would expect some solid reaction from you guys that would go beyond "Judd knows the chief's wife and kids, we have a great reputation andd if you don't like us, go elsewhere". To be clear, I have no reason to believe that you yourselves were not deceived by your suppliers. In any case, if, however, you feel that these tests are not accurate or that they are misleading or in any way wrong then you have even more reasons to present your case.

It seems to me that Garry has done a lot of solid work on these tests and he has presented quite convincing arguments both against the consumption of tudei and in favour of his method of detecting tudei adulteration. If you have any good counter-arguments or evidence to the contrary, then I suppose it is in your very best interest to present them. If you don't have any evidence or are unable to counter Garry's points, then I don't know why you would insist that all is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.