What's new

Bourgo vs Boroguru and new to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BulaKavaMan

Well, here is my thought.

Something changed, FOR SURE!
Boroguru now makes me sick, its the only Kava that Ive ever puked from and even the taste is off.
Even the Borogu is tasting off, no sickness thank God!

Ive also been finding more narley junk in the bottom of my bowl, and been having to double strain.
Anyone know what the heck is going on?
Used to love em both, now I cant even drink Boroguru.
And the taste is so off on the Borogu, that Im going to have to mix it with some light Kava "Probably Tongan"

Im a little concerned with BKH cause Ive had multiple bags being off or different.

Maybe Judd can chime in?
We don't really know what to say. Although we've never claimed any kava to be tasty, especially 100% lateral root kavas like Boroguru and Melo Melo, we don't notice a substantial change in the current batch from the other recent batches. Yes, it's bitter and pungent, but it always has been. That same kava is served at the kava bar daily to regulars, new drinkers, and employees, and we surely don't have people running to the bathroom puking all day. We sell about 10 bags of those varieties to often times repeat online customers every day as well. Yours and @Henry G.'s are the first opinions we've heard like this. So I suppose there is no good answer. We do apologize that you're not happy with the flavor at any rate...

We do have a new batch on the way...

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
We don't really know what to say. Although we've never claimed any kava to be tasty, especially 100% lateral root kavas like Boroguru and Melo Melo, we don't notice a substantial change in the current batch from the other recent batches. Yes, it's bitter and pungent, but it always has been. That same kava is served at the kava bar daily to regulars, new drinkers, and employees, and we surely don't have people running to the bathroom puking all day. We sell about 10 bags of those varieties to often times repeat online customers every day as well. Yours and @Henry G.'s are the first opinions we've heard like this. So I suppose there is no good answer. We do apologize that you're not happy with the flavor at any rate...

We do have a new batch on the way...
Sir I'm very, very sorry if anything's been taken as a personal punch, I know that they both mean best when they express their opinions and none of us mean harm.
If there's by any chance something amok with the latest batches then so be it, but I'm unable to speak for that myself because I've yet to have any Boroguru or Borogu from the newest batch; even if there was/is some sort of issue in distribution I'm of the knowledge that you're a stand up business and so you'll take care of it promptly.

I just want Bulakavahouse to know that you remain a highly respected participant and vendor on these forums to everyone herein and the last thing I want is for something to be taken the wrong way .
My perspective is still that I've yet see a serious reason *y'all* should be held up by your britches hahaha. (y)

All companies run into some sort of trouble eventually, whether it's their fault or not, and the most reasonable thing I can ask is that we're continually updated on a developing situation. ;)
I'm not writing off the bad experiences thus far either; I'm only trying to quell this uneasiness that has begun to build lately. :)
"Better safe than sorry" doesn't only apply to the substance I guess. :D

Last edited:

Monkava'd

Well, Judd himself admitted that the latest batch of Melo Melo was more intense than usual. If I remember it right he called it "crazy strong" and advised us to use 25% less of powder. It was the first time I had tried melo so I am not sure how that batch compared with the previous one. One thing was sure: its flavour was so intense and so repulsive that I simply couldn't enjoy its undoubtedly powerful effects. As for boroguru, I've had a coupld of bags and in my humble opinion the latest one tasted worse than the previous ones. Now, maybe I just forgot how bad it generally tastes, or maybe I got spoiled by several other, better/milder-tasting kavas. Maybe. But maybe it just has a higher ratio of lateral roots than usual or maybe something else happened.

Just to be clear: I have no complaint about the potencyof bks's products or quality of bkh's service. I just feel the taste of some of their kavas (at least melo melo and perhaps also the latest boroguru) is so strong that it makes it difficult to enjoy the deep effects that these kavas bring. Also, my comments about the taste do not apply to Nambawan that tastes beautifully.

Cheers
Hey Henry "more lateral roots" is never a bad thing in my book and if that's what's making the taste stronger than fine by me!:D I believe that being as honest as possible is like putting your best foot forward and heck if I know anything right now about the recent batch of those kavas; in fact talking about it is giving me a hankering for some melo melo hahaha.
It's one strain I've little experience with and I'm confounded at the irony of it being called "melo melo" whilst at the same time now touted as *hot sauce ghost chili, grab a glass of milk* potent.:LOL:
That's awesome and proves that you never know what to anticipate with kava...a rather gross or immature but accurate analogy would be to think of kava often as silent flatulence, so quiet and underestimated but it packs a punch once it hits you. :ROFLMAO::wacky:::amirite::

What's got me most interested is the 11 year waka. :wideyed:

Maybe it's childish but I want to purchase some Opihikao micro and Waka micro at the same time, then mix them together so I can say Ompamau, Ompamau, Waka, Waka, Waka, Waka, Ommmpppaamau! :whistle:
It sounds very tribal when I think about it but it'd prob be different in reality. :LOL:
Hey I blame Javamans influence ::ricky::, but you've gotta agree they'd be a legendary combo. :p;)

Now aside from the taste I know that Boroguru has always been a go to kava for me when I needed a falcon punch kick to face and I'm becoming rather afraid (in an alluring way) of its potential if they've seriously gone up a notch. (y)
@BulaKavaMan You know what? Maybe you can use the taste as a marketing tactic kind of like hot wings.
"Do you have the buds? Do you think you can handle the tongue numbing, face flushing, heart pounding Boroguesthisia flames of fury eclipse Mount Everest lemon face challenge?!:banghead:
Well our Boroguru spokesman will show you just one picture of a contender *after* the challenge and then it's time to make your decision....are you a nancy boy/girl or a real Mud Chugger?"
sour+puss.jpg

Better ex. That face you make when you eat a lemon..."Lemon Face". :LOL:
'These statements have not been endorsed by Bulakavahouse or its affiliates and any individuals claims made against them otherwise will be subject to a punishment fit for such accusations.
I.e Being held up by their feet and dunked headfirst into Koniak kava; thank you and krunk safely'
::ricky::
Again I place all blame on Deleted User01 hahaha. :smuggrin::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
M'd it's too bad your're not paid by the word like Dickens, smileys weren't available in his day or he may have given you a run for your money :bookworm:

you'd certainly give Dickens a challenge in the imagination department lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Maybe it's childish but I want to purchase some Opihikao micro and Waka micro at the same time, then mix them together so I can say Ompamau, Ompamau, Waka, Waka, Waka, Waka, Ommmpppaamau! :whistle: Hey I blame Javamans influence ::ricky::, but you've gotta agree they'd be a legendary combo. :p;)Again I place all blame on Deleted User01 hahaha. :smuggrin::ROFLMAO:
Aw Jeez, I gotta be careful what I say in front of the youngsters. :rolleyes: Talking about mixing, I'm thinking of doing a Micro Syrup with Hiwa, OmpaMau, and a large qty of Mahakea. ::frosty:: Yes indeed, you earned the dreaded Frosty the Zombie Snowman Smiley. Ya know I don't give these out to just anyone. :LOL:

Monkava'd

M'd it's too bad your're not paid by the word like Dickens, smileys weren't available in his day or he may have given you a run for your money :bookworm:

you'd certainly give Dickens a challenge in the imagination department lol
Oh shucks Noukey, I can't be compared to such a legendary literary figure such as Dickens.
He would be disappointed at my overarching positivism.
Hahaha, he was the master at turning "A frown upside down" ::awesomesmiles::
Or from cold to hot, serious to laughable etc..(y)
Anyways I'm glad if I can make you crack the tiniest smile, so thanks for being a swell fellow ::indeedsir::.
Btw, my excessive use of smilies is attributed to how often, text is much more powerful when you have a visual of the prose.
Though I admit to it being a tad overwhelming at times. :rolleyes:.......::ricky::

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Judd, "Im assuming thats you under the name "BulaKavaMan"

I dont know what to say either, Ive consumer all of your varieties many of times, and can tell you that something was up with our batches.
It totally sucks, cause I really enjoyed them before.
Maybe I just got some bad batches?

No worries though, we are just gonna hold off on em for a bit, and try them again in a month or 2.
Im sure we just got a tainted bag or something??

resiak

Kava Curious
I received a lb of boroguru from BKH about a month ago and it tastes fine to me?

I also purchased some older stuff from a forum member. I'll give that a try and compare to the new one.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Im thinking I might have gotton a stray bag or something, Maybe Miotoxins from the end of a batch during grinding?
My wife is my verifier...she said the same thing....
Keep us informed, because I really loved the Boro's.
But obviously cant drink something that makes me sick. :dead:

B

BulaKavaMan

New batch of Borogu, Boroguru, and Melo Melo is in! We, and the majority of our customers never thought the last batch seemed much different taste wise, although it was more potent, which can be explained by the fact that it is a plant and plants vary. Regardless, this new batch does seem more mild with regards to taste and effect.

We just thought the members would like to know. Happy chugging!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
@BulaKavaMan I've been wondering if you guys have any comments regarding the results of @Deleted User 's tests? According to these results, both boroguru and melo melo (of the tested batch) as well as Fu'u MIGHT have contained some tudei kava. Some sort of response would be great, even if (or especially if) you completely disagree with either the test results or the logic behind the test or both. Judging by some of the conversations I've had with a few members of this forum people are genuinly concerned.

B

BulaKavaMan

@BulaKavaMan I've been wondering if you guys have any comments regarding the results of @Deleted User 's tests? According to these results, both boroguru and melo melo (of the tested batch) as well as Fu'u MIGHT have contained some tudei kava. Some sort of response would be great, even if (or especially if) you completely disagree with either the test results or the logic behind the test or both. Judging by some of the conversations I've had with a few members of this forum people are genuinly concerned.
We know and trust our suppliers and kava farmers. They are trustworthy, honest, hardworking people. We stand behind what we sell. Thank you for your concern. Bula!

B

BulaKavaMan

@BulaKavaMan
Can you give us an official response to a few questions? I'm sure this would be appreciated by all:

1. Do you agree or disagree with the recommendation that only noble kava should be consumed on a regular basis?
2. Are you aware of the problems in Vanuatu, and the fact that much of the kava exported is known to contain tuday?
3. Are you aware that a Vanuatu COA may not be accurate?
4. Do you routinely test your kava after you receive it, and before you offer it for sale?
5. Do you believe that all kava should be accurately labeled as noble, blend, or tuday, so that consumers can make an informed buying decision based on their own personal preferences?

Thank you!
It should go without saying that we know a lot about kava, including its processing, growing and testing. We hope it also goes without saying that we would never sell a product that we feel poses a health risk to our valued customers. Other than that, our only response regarding this subject is the one given in our previous post. Bula!

B

BulaKavaMan

Just bumping our previous post about the new batch! Let us know what you think.
New batch of Borogu, Boroguru, and Melo Melo is in! We, and the majority of our customers never thought the last batch seemed much different taste wise, although it was more potent, which can be explained by the fact that it is a plant and plants vary. Regardless, this new batch does seem more mild with regards to taste and effect.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
It should go without saying that we know a lot about kava, including its processing, growing and testing. We hope it also goes without saying that we would never sell a product that we feel poses a health risk to our valued customers. Other than that, our only response regarding this subject is the one given in our previous post. Bula!
xEZsI.gif

B

BulaKavaMan

Bumping again.

After some thought and discussion within our business, and among other interested parties, we have one more thing to say. It belongs in the post about @Deleted User's testing though, so that's where it will go. A moderator may want to move the last few posts here (including this one) to that section as well so we don't have to keep bumping the information we're adding regarding the Borogu/Boroguru, which is what this thread is about. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.