What's new

Wakacon Fijian - Safe?

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
:D Yay!

And yeah, it's shitty. She just sits on the couch or in bed all day because she doesn't have enough strength to do anything else. She's on oxygen full-time now, and it helps, but sometimes I worry about her lungs getting burnt out from it because pure oxygen puts a bit of a strain on the lungs. You wouldn't think so since that's what we breathe but pure Oxygen is kind of crazy that way. I guess that's why there are oxygen bars, huh? Lol!

And yes, I'm really shy by nature, but since I've started the Kava, I feel so chatty! It's crazy. I just want to give everyone a huge freaking hug and be like, "Lets all just get along and stop all this craziness going on the world!" XD

It's a very warm, fuzzy feeling.
I'm glad I have livened things up a bit! I'm the kind of person who will go out and look for interesting things and post them because I love learning new things, and I know I'll have a blast talking to everyone here because they are so friendly and genuine.
I haven't closed the forums page since I signed up to be honest! :p

I'll make a note of the Mahakea by GHK and Nangol Noble by BKH. Definitely going to look into these as I'm eager to take any recommendations. My husband is worried I'm spending too much on the Kava already though, I went through a LB pretty fast and now I'm half-way down on my second LB. Wow! I didn't think it would go so quickly but I suppose it all depends on how much you drink a day. With the Fijian I've noticed it takes me a couple cups to feel anything unless I start on an empty stomach, which I did this morning after drinking a bunch of Kava last night too! No hang-over, it's true! I feel great. I'm so energized and feel the positive vibes flowing through me. It's so different from the regular every-day stress that I deal with having to watch my mom basically die.

I love it.

You're a new member too huh? Awesome!!! I hope we have lots of awesome convos together, and I did already post a thread in the off topic discussion - hehe. Too talkative to keep quiet! ;)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Ha, yeah 1 year coming up!!!! :)
Yeah my dad is still smoking and he's trying to quit now so hopefully he does and gets way more time.

You will find a good kava like from GHK or Bula only cost a little more but it's much much more potent to the point that it lasts much longer
I've bought some kavas that were insanely weak and I started wondering why I was going through it so quick and then I got some of my usuals and I'm like oh that's why ! Haha .
With mahakea and practically all the other GHK kavas depending on what your going for . 2 tablespoons sets me right . Sometimes even just 1

Lol I love morning shells !!! I have to make sure I eat soon after tho cause I seem to crash if I wait to long ! :p

Haha that's exactly the feeling I love about kava is the LOVE ! It's such a great feeling, a true connectedness with life, and your sober still in my opinion so you can actually experience it . Not wake up the next morning feeling like it was just artificial cuz you were drunk or super stoned lol

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
That's good. Sending my positive thoughts and energy! It would probably really help him if he can manage to do it, I'm sure. My mom still smokes if you can believe that. Not excessively, but she'll light one up, take a few puffs and put it out. Still, though, it amazes me. Lol. >.<'

And yeeeeeah, that may be why I'm running out so fast. The Fijian is a pretty mild Kava from what I hear? Sometimes I'll mix my normal dose and feel nothing, especially if I ate beforehand. So it's a hit and miss thing with me right now. 2 tbsp sounds like such a small amount compared to what I'm using right now, which is about 4 heaping tbsp. That would conserve a lot! Lol.

I agree, it is a great feeling - but clear, and focused, which is awesome. And yeah, I was amazed that I felt great this morning, even though I drank quite a bit of Kava last night, and it took me straight to bed. Lol I slept great. This has helped my insomnia so much. I'm the type of person who will stay up all night, but this has given me a better sleep schedule, which means I can actually be awake during the day like a normal person. Yay! I also notice I laugh a lot more at things, I noticed before that I hardly laugh at anything, but I find myself cracking up at things and it's great because I haven't had that in a long time. :hilarious:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah! I get what I call the kava smile or giggles. After a few shells I just have this dumb smile on my face and immense love ! Lol
This forum will make you laugh tremendously! It'll just be the most random topic going on and out of nowhere some one just hits the funny bone and I burst out and have to show someone near me in person haha

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
My Mom had COPD. I was lucky enough to get to spend the last two weeks of her life with her, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I get the Kava giggles as well. I'll realize I have a huge smile on my face and then I'll start giggling. Speaking of which, it's about that time.

blundertoe

i have tried 5 diff kava types so far, all 4 kalm with kava and the wakacon waka. both brands waka seems to be some of the most potent for me and bit sedating plus a little more nausea than most of the other types. I get much less sediment using a nut milk strainer bag compared to double nylons and less nausea. The Borogu and Borongoru from kwk have been the easiest on my stomach.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I may try borogu then. I find boronguru to be fairly stimulating. Tried Pouni Ono and didn't experience much from it.

ZiRRuSH

Kava Curious
New to the forums as well and the wakacon lawena and waka were my first two kavas. I would like to pickup some acetone to see first hand how these varieties look. I found the waka more pleasurable (felt more potent and more headiness), both make me a little slow to get out of bed the following mornings compared to the other kava varieties I've migrated to. Tudei characteristic to my understanding? My first couple weeks of kava (wakacon) I was making sure to take it on an empty stomach as well. Rattled my stomach a bit (i use to have ulcers and my stomach gets stirred up somewhat easily) but no nausea, it did like to move through my intestines quicker than it should. That went away, also as I got through the reverse tolerance and was using less kava I began holding the whole empty stomach thing of less importance. I personally don't experience any lesser of a hit from kava with a bit of food in my stomach. I also don't aim for an intense buzz though and haven't drank any immediately after a meal or anything. Just my experience thus far for what it's worth. Also, for what it's worth if you decide kava is something beneficial for yourself I would suggest finding reputable vendors and hitting up the sample packs they offer... one sample pack introduced me to a good day time kava as well as two other varieties that I found a lot more enjoyable and preferable for what I was after. Wakacon isn't bad, especially for the price point, but there's a lot of other kava out there to try.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I think it would be a great idea to test the Wakacon brands. It seems like a lot of people are attracted to their lower price and speedy delivery. I know it was personally the first one I saw on Amazon when I started looking to order some. It was the first result, and I think since that is the case, they have a lot of first-time buyers and try-ers of Kava. I checked out the Amazon page for Wakacon's Fijian Kava and I didn't see this last time:

Loyal Wakacon customers, We just wanted to let everyone know that Cyclone Winston hit Fiji. What does that mean to you? Well, unfortunately this has caused a jump in kava costs. As always, we will try and bring you the best price and highest quality product. Please be understanding and support Fiji while the farmers rebuild. KAVA "WAKA" Over the great ocean blue there lies a place where Kava rain is plentiful and falls from the sky making everyone relax and stop worrying. If that is not where you live, just try some extra special Waka Grade Kava and see how that strong smooth taste numbs your tongue.It may give you Kava face which is highly desirable. So grab some of Fiji's most potent lateral roots and enjoy because you know that we only sell the highest quality Kava. That strong kava smell lets you know it's good. It is a fine powder making the straining easy. Finally a quality Kava at a affordable price. A perfect elixir for an intimate gathering. Our Kava is always tested at University of the South Pacific and found to be Noble.

Apart from that, there's this. A legal disclaimer, which I also failed to read before making my purchase. After doing so, it makes me feel unfortunately as though I purchased something very sketchy. Hopefully this is not the case. I still don't think I would buy from them again anyway. They're not a certified vendor as far as I can tell? It is really important that first timers like me don't make a purchase based solely on price or even based on reviews on Amazon, as a lot of those people are first timers and don't have experience with Kava either. It is important to know what you drink, and I'm realizing that very quickly. I feel that any brand that feels it's alright to allow foreign objects in their product is one that needs to be watched very closely. That is just my opinion. I don't know if this is commonplace in powdered kava root products, but I just wouldn't be able to make anymore purchases from Wakacon in good faith. Oh, yeah, and that Kava face they mention? I can attest to that. Highly desirable? My husband thinks...not so much. ;)

Legal Disclaimer
WAKACON KAVA LLC and our suppliers assume absolutely no responsibility for any adverse reactions resulting from the use of these products and you as the buyer agree to hold the companies and entities mentioned above free from any liability, whatsoever. WAKACON KAVA LLC does not accept returns on any of our products. Weight may vary and small holes can happen also foreign objects in product can happen. All sales are final. Your purchase from WAKACON KAVA Implies that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. If you do not understand completely or completely agree with any of the statements in this Product Disclaimer, you should not purchase any of our kava products. *International Shipping Disclaimer: International customers, particularly but not limited to those in Germany, Switzerland and Australia please be aware of your country's possible import restrictions as WAKACON KAVA LLC does not offer any refunds for any confiscated or "lost" parcels.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I've always been curious about this Kava. I like how it works but the taste and feeling is so much differant than anything I've ever tryed its always made me suspicious of it. Not to mention the company seems to be pretty obscure and does'nt offer a lot of info about itself. I drink the lawena btw

ZiRRuSH

Kava Curious
I've been unsuccessful at opening this link, can anyone give me brief idea on what it is about? I occasionly by Wakacon if my funds are low and I am curious.
Won't load for me either, google searching that address had a result titled "Wakacon Vanuatu - Not What It Seams"... googling that title found this: http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/wakacon-vanuatu-not-what-it-seems.2459/ not sure if its a mirror of the same post or not, but apparently stating they believed that batch to be Tudei.

EDIT: ... in response to these 2yr old dated posts and the comments people state about the following day effects of the wakacon, personally I agree with what most of those people were saying. The wakacon I have does seam to linger with me the following day, unlike any of the other kavas I drink.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
ByDavid K Ludwigon March 28, 2016
Verified Purchase
I have been drinking kava for a while now, and never had any problems. I've been drinking only high quality certified noble kava from sellers with good reputations. I decided to try this kava because it was half the price and prime. Within a couple days of use, I developed an itchy rash on my arms, legs and abdomen. I switched back to my certified noble kava, and the rash started improving immediately and is now basically gone.

Although the seller states that this is noble kava, I highly doubt it is. I would not recommend that people consume this on a regular basis. If you just have it once in a while (like a couple times per week), I don't think you will develop any problems.

That being said, I found this kava to be equally as strong as the premium noble kavas.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I ran out of the Wakacon about a week and a half ago. So haven't had any Kava since then.

Noticed today that under my arms, like behind the armpit (in that area) is looking flaky. The skin on my knuckles is starting to crack and peel. My face has cleared completely. No other adverse symptoms to report. :)

ZiRRuSH

Kava Curious
I've had derma problems before kava, my facial hair areas like to dry and crack on me if I'm not mindful of hydrating well. Have pondered if the derma problems people encounter from kava use has anything to do with it being a diuretic and the fact most people don't drink enough water already. I snagged some acetone and testing the Waka, lawena, and BKH's borogu to see how the three compare. Will post the results tomorrow evening.

IMG_20160604_190618.jpg

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I've had derma problems before kava, my facial hair areas like to dry and crack on me if I'm not mindful of hydrating well. Have pondered if the derma problems people encounter from kava use has anything to do with it being a diuretic and the fact most people don't drink enough water already. I snagged some acetone and testing the Waka, lawena, and BKH's borogu to see how the three compare. Will post the results tomorrow evening.

View attachment 6389
You're awesome!

ZiRRuSH

Kava Curious
I have my moments, lol. Just clarify, the only reason the borogu is on the board is the fact I know that's a good kava and want to see how what I suspect to be tudei looks along side it. Would have thrown some Nambawan up there too, but couldn't find the rest of the band's for my relish jars, lol.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
@ZiRRuSH Any news on the acetone tests? :X

I have my moments, lol. Just clarify, the only reason the borogu is on the board is the fact I know that's a good kava and want to see how what I suspect to be tudei looks along side it. Would have thrown some Nambawan up there too, but couldn't find the rest of the band's for my relish jars, lol.
Just bought some borogu. Haven't tried more than 4 tsp yet, and it wasn't on an empty stomach so I'm not sure if I felt much. I've heard it's a heavier kava.