What's new

Tongan Pouni Ono Social anxiety

Pri21

Hello,

i was looking for a heady kava which makes me feel super relaxed and makes it easier to socialize without getting nervous through the day, since i have social anxiety (but it shouldn’t make me tired) . I just ordered Tongan pouni ono powder and would like to know how much i should take And how often. The effekt should last up to 8/9 hours?. Does anyone have experience with kava and social anxiety? Or could recommend any other type of kava which could help? I haven’t tried any kind of kava before. Thanks for your help!

Mackenzie

Kava Curious
I use kava for anxiety quite a bit. For day to day anxiety, I like having ozia originals kava candy with me. When I'm stressed out at school, I just have one of those and it really works. Plus when I get home and make my own kava, the effects are slightly stronger if I've been having the candy all day. As for a good heady kava, I haven't found one that's worked for me so far. Root of happiness tongan kava was a dud for me

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Well, pouni ono is a fairly heady kava which makes it great for socializing but might not work as anticipated to work against social anxiety. For that, a more anxiolytic, more heavy kava would be best. Experiment a bit with small doses sipped throughout the day as a kavain rush might not be what you are looking for. The kava candys by ozia are great indeed to take the edge of in stressful situations and you can take them anywhere.

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Besides Kava, you may want to look into L-Theanine. I put 4 heaping tablespoons in a quart bottle and fill it with ro water and take it with me to work or wherever I feel like I may find myself in a stressful social situation. Dissolves completely so, no one notices….just looks like I’m toting my water bottle with me. If anyone should ask, I just say it’s my alkaline water. I get mine from purebulk.com …nayyy…You can also take some Sam-E, St. Johns Wort and Bacopa Monneiri they work fantastic(for me) and I feel “normal”….or at least comfortable and not self conscious…Best of Luck to you! I know the struggle too well!

Last edited: