What's new

Thoughts on current (Batch 5) of AOK's Koro?

Lenticels

AluNaw
I've yet to try it (and I didn't have the opportunity to get a batch prior to this one), but I have the current batch sitting around with me here, so I'll try to let you know what I think of it when I get to it.

(I don't like to open absolutely everything at once so as to reduce oxidation & spoilage via other means.)

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
We got a pound of koro from Art of Kava last month. We enjoyed it last night, using an AluBall since we were in our small motorhome kitchen. High quality and (for us) a balanced kava with, perhaps, a emphasis on relaxation/sedation. The taste is a fresh pine taste, but not over the top piney. And none of the nausea-earth taste of some cultivars.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
We got a pound of koro from Art of Kava last month. We enjoyed it last night, using an AluBall since we were in our small motorhome kitchen. High quality and (for us) a balanced kava with, perhaps, a emphasis on relaxation/sedation. The taste is a fresh pine taste, but not over the top piney. And none of the nausea-earth taste of some cultivars.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I personally find the taste offputting slightly. It's probably because it tastes so different and I didn't think twice about it until my mother made the comment about it.

Does this Koro stack up to past batches for you guys? I never got to try the past batches.

I also don't understand why there isn't testing information on the page. It's been months?

I enjoy the Damu from the same farmer, it's well rounded and a solid choice & quite possibly my favorite fijian.

I really like the Bir kar temotu & damu.

i hope this doesn't come off wrong, i love art of kava, maybe it just isn't worth the extra cost for my chemistry & preferences? Haven't seen any threads from 2023 on koro.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I personally find the taste offputting slightly. It's probably because it tastes so different and I didn't think twice about it until my mother made the comment about it.

Does this Koro stack up to past batches for you guys? I never got to try the past batches.

I also don't understand why there isn't testing information on the page. It's been months?

I enjoy the Damu from the same farmer, it's well rounded and a solid choice & quite possibly my favorite fijian.

I really like the Bir kar temotu & damu.

i hope this doesn't come off wrong, i love art of kava, maybe it just isn't worth the extra cost for my chemistry & preferences? Haven't seen any threads from 2023 on koro.
This is the only batch we've had of Koro Island kava from AoK. Our favorite tasting kava would have a profile like Wow Kava.