What's new

This is horrendous advertising

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
First off on the ad that popped up on IG, the woman sounds totally drugged up. Click on the shop now link and you get to shotofjoy.com. This shot of joy is kava and “ketum” which turns out surprisingly to be another name for K@.

Not good. Not good at all

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
First off on the ad that popped up on IG, the woman sounds totally drugged up. Click on the shop now link and you get to shotofjoy.com. This shot of joy is kava and “ketum” which turns out surprisingly to be another name for K@.

Not good. Not good at all

Believe it or not, this one isn't even close to the worst one. If you really want to catch fire, search "Feel Free" here on kavaforums.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yup make no mistake, if your goal is to use kraptom for all the false promises they make, expect to become addicted to kraptom and experience withdrawals equal to or worse than heroin, suboxone, (insert past opiate of choice here), you are screwed. Let's also not forget the countless young lives that plant has taken away from the families of loved ones.

Now remind me again how many people destroyed their lives because of kava? How many deaths?

The answer is 0.

Companies like feel free will continue to exploit kava so that they can get richer and richer. They don't care about the people they hurt. They have people doing damage control for them and kraptom on a full time basis. These psychopaths have the audacity to advocate for kava while they mix kava with K@ , It's pretty disgusting.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This disclaimer is now included in one of the largest distributors in the country regarding even just powdered products. When I say "included" I mean they fold up a piece of paper and jam it off into the powder itself.

1715873865144.png

I don't really feel like I need to say any more, as the disclaimer above says it all. If anyone wants to argue, they can direct their argument to remarkableherbs.

@kilakila thank you kindly for bringing this type of information to our attention. It needs all the eyes it can get.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
To me everything would be fine, when they are just open about the addictive potential of K@ and that customers have to chose wise, or have serious issues or want to replace pharmaceuticals...

But acting like a wellness product.... perhaps a drug dealer is even more reasonable than some of those sellers...

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yup make no mistake, if your goal is to use kraptom for all the false promises they make, expect to become addicted to kraptom and experience withdrawals equal to or worse than heroin, suboxone, (insert past opiate of choice here), you are screwed. Let's also not forget the countless young lives that plant has taken away from the families of loved ones.
Of course we can all agree the product and marketing is irresponsible and threatens safety etc, I think you’re being a tad bit hyperbolic in this post. Idk if it’s due to propaganda you’ve seen or just frustration with the idiots selling these products disingenuously but this is a skewed presentation of the harms of the plant itself. Let’s learn a lesson from drug prohibition lest we become a cog in the war machine.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that kava will soon be under similar fire for withdrawal symptoms (however unfounded) as it is introduced to the masses and hypersensitive people make posts all over the internet about how kava causes withdrawal effects “worse than benzo withdrawal.”

These posts are popping up more and more. It’s not going to be equivalent to r/quittingk, but this is what happens when a plant goes mainstream.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Of course we can all agree the product and marketing is irresponsible and threatens safety etc, I think you’re being a tad bit hyperbolic in this post. Idk if it’s due to propaganda you’ve seen or just frustration with the idiots selling these products disingenuously but this is a skewed presentation of the harms of the plant itself. Let’s learn a lesson from drug prohibition lest we become a cog in the war machine.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that kava will soon be under similar fire for withdrawal symptoms (however unfounded) as it is introduced to the masses and hypersensitive people make posts all over the internet about how kava causes withdrawal effects “worse than benzo withdrawal.”

These posts are popping up more and more. It’s not going to be equivalent to r/quittingk, but this is what happens when a plant goes mainstream.
I don't normally speak for people, but I think he'd allow me to speak for him in this instance. It's frustration. There is some absolute stupidity out there in regards to that substance, passed around as solid fact, based simply on emotions and nothing else. Sounds similar to what we're addressing in the next topic, withdrawal.

Here's the thing with withdrawal in regards to kava. There is no scientific evidence with kava, or concentrated kavalactones that would suggest any type of physiological withdrawal. Opinions will be had, for sure, but this is where we draw the line. Hard facts usurp individuals opinions in regards to pharmacology. It's difficult for most people to wrap their minds around the possibility that kava is not a direct GABA agonist, nor does it work like your standard PAMs. Quite honestly it seems kavalactones are more akin to the actions of gabapentin, but even that misses the mark, as kavalactones have shown to REDUCE GABA levels in areas of the brain responsible for anxiety, where gabapentin does the opposite and indirectly increases levels of GABA ubiquitously. Also the chances of hitting Chua's 300µM concentration level in cerebrospinal fluid is.....far from possible unless you're shooting kavalactone paste right into your brain. In short, you would need 96 grams of kavain to achieve anywhere near this 300µM concentration level shown to strongly modulate GABA. (@ThePiper not directed at you, my good man, I say these things just in case someone might think they can say it does cause withdrawals, and ends up here through a search)

Now, does my above statement stop people from claiming it? Nope, not a chance, however this is where we as individuals come in. If you see someone making this claim of withdrawal, engage them, send them here, or tag me in.

Chua, Han Chow, Emilie T. H. Christensen, Kirsten Hoestgaard-Jensen, Leonny Y. Hartiadi, Iqbal Ramzan, Anders A. Jensen, Nathan L. Absalom, and Mary Chebib. 2016. “Kavain, the Major Constituent of the Anxiolytic Kava Extract, Potentiates GABAA Receptors: Functional Characteristics and Molecular Mechanism.” PloS One 11 (6): e0157700. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0157700.

Savage, Karen, Jerome Sarris, Matthew Hughes, Chad A. Bousman, Susan Rossell, Andrew Scholey, Con Stough, and Chao Suo. 2023. “Neuroimaging Insights: Kava’s (Piper Methysticum) Effect on Dorsal Anterior Cingulate Cortex GABA in Generalized Anxiety Disorder.” Nutrients 15 (21). https://doi.org/10.3390/nu15214586.

Taylor, C. P., N. S. Gee, T. Z. Su, J. D. Kocsis, D. F. Welty, J. P. Brown, D. J. Dooley, P. Boden, and L. Singh. 1998. “A Summary of Mechanistic Hypotheses of Gabapentin Pharmacology.” Epilepsy Research 29 (3): 233–49. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0920-1211(97)00084-3.