Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Just heard from the supplier of the PNG Koniak we recently sampled. He
has received his FDA registration and will ship 100 kilograms sometime
next week. This is hands down the strongest kava you will have ever
tried, it's quite tasty as well. This supplier also is providing a
sample of Fiji Waka because he works out of both PNG and Fiji. If it is a
high quality root we will add that in the near future as well.

HerbalDude420

Mr True Colors
I cannot wait till its up on your site, bula kava house hands down sells the best and cheapest kava available. Thanks for providing kava to us in Kansas! (smiley: roll)(smiley: smokin)

Do you know what PNG Koniak price wise is gonna run?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Koniak ships tomorrow! If I had to guess, I would say it should be available online in about a week and a half. Should run around $60/kilo (2.2 lbs.).

kl.Solo11

Kava Curious
So I'm eager to hear any updates, as I'm needing to put an order in with u again, any news on estimated time of arrival? Your kavas have been rockin my world lately! Good job!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Excited to hear more about this, need I make a purchase sometime and would love it if this stuff is available :D

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey, come on guys, we sell by the kilogram. That .2 lbs. for a kilo, and .1 lbs. for a half turn into a lot of shells.

Islandtime- I'd say the grind is middle of the road. A good amount of fine particulate with some relatively large pieces mixed in.

kl.Solo11

Kava Curious
I actually got the chance to drive over to the bar the other day, I live in the same state, not close but a fun day trip, and loved it, VERY chill vibe, shells of kava, comfy chairs to read in, artwork, amazing lounge like music, it was very exciting to see such a cool place where u can just buy shells of kava, Judd, if you ever want to open a bkh branch in southern Oregon, I will run it for you!
Point being, got a big bag of koniak and my usual nambawan, and the mix is superb. Be carefull though, I drank this mix morning till night the other day, and it is far to strong for all day meddling, admittadly I am about to hit the mix again right now, which I told myself I wouldn't, but a rainy day full of books and time is perfected with some kava. This koniak is actually the only kava I've found for extremely good anxiety relief, all others have an edge to them for me, and considering the potency, I have yet in the few days of drinking it, to find it has negative next day effects, so that's good, and it hasn't kept me up all night yet like every Vanuatu ever. So it's good, just sprinkle it in at night instead of all day lol, otherwise ppl will think your up to something unhealthy. I love it when vendors bring in the new best one after another, these guys are on a roll.

Islandtime

Kava Curious
Just drank this for the past 3 and a half hours. It's an awesome kava possibly the best I've had. I wish I had the motivation to write a full review haha. Very strong in head and body, plus put me in a good mood instantly. I also did 1/3 cup to 3 cups of water so I can only imagine and will try a stronger ratio haha. Anyway gonna go finish enjoying these effects. Thanks for the find Judd! Bula

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Aww man I should have ordered before Thursday, now I'm not going to get it until Monday. What should I try first, Koniak or Nambawan? Has anyone tried both?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Initial impressions of Koniak: I had some pretty bad nausea for about an hour after drinking 4 tbsps of this and Nambawan. I'm assuming the nausea was caused by the Koniak. It went away after I ate some dinner.

So my first impressions are:

- Dont take too much at once

- Eat a small, conservative (not too greasy or anything that might upset your stomach) meal soon (like maybe 5-10 minutes or so...) after drinking the kava to prevent serious nausea

- It will go away and then you can enjoy the kava

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Oh and as a side note the fijian kava strainer from Bula Kava House is very nice. It's a little more coarsely woven than the one I have from Kule'a Kava Farm, in fact some of the root stems poked me a little bit while kneading the kava. I think I will be using this one from now on.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Koniak is my new #1 kava. It's the strongest kava for 30$ a pound I've ever tried. I think it could be on par or maybe a bit stronger than stone, which is a lot coming from a stone fan such as myself.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Huh.  You guys are having a somewhat different experience with this variety.  I've only tried it a few times now but I've found koniak to be lovely in grind, easy on the taste buds, nice to smell, but pretty mellow overall.  Nambawan on the other hand...

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I tried some last night and enjoyed it, I just hit it way too hard the first time. It tastes and smells pretty pungent and piney though. 2 tbsps was a nice and mild experience. For me 2 tbsps of boroguru, fu'u or even stone wouldn't do anything at all, so I would say it's pretty potent but I've only tried it twice so I'll reserve judgement on it until later.