What's new

Strange first experience with Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Well, last night was my first time ever with Stone and I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed! It's hard to believe due to its "one of the strongest" reputation, but I literally felt nothing after a little more than 3 shells worth of 8 tbsp within a 30 minutes time. My prep methods were all the same except only this time I had a cheese cloth lying around and decided to use that instead of my usual nut-milk strainer bag, since it wasn't with me (the cheese cloth seems to give a finer strain - much less grit). Even so, with less grit there still should have been a powerful punch based on all that I've read about the infamous Stone. I also ate a few pieces of cheese after another 30 minutes had gone by to try and kick-start it; barely anything more noticeable became of it.

I must add though that I did have a fairly large dinner around 4-4 1/2 hours prior to drinking. Perhaps it was mainly circumstantial because of the large meal I had. I never do this; I always try to drink after having eaten a lightly moderate meal at least 5-6 hours beforehand and then if I can, eat a little something afterwards. Tonight I'll go with my usual routine and give it another round. I have strong doubts to say this is a bunk batch. From what I know Stone is pretty much consistent with its potency.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I don't get a kick from Mahakea where others tell me how strong it is. May be a personal biochemistry thing?

D

Deleted User01

I agree with @Steve Mariotti on that personal chemistry thing. We see it all the time around here and there is no accounting for it.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I'm really hoping it's not so, as I got a pound of it. At least for back up measures, I have a pound of Wow! which in the past has been known to slap me in the face.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
the first time I drank stone, I tossed and washed about three heaping tablespoons. both my wife and i ended up not being able to go to bed for easily four hours, due to the cerebral kick it gave us. btw, i will never TnW that much root again, especially stone. holy crap, both literally and figuratively. I bet you'll get better effects on your second go around with your strainer.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Hey, I finally tried the Stone! Had the sealed bag in my cabinet for months. Mixed up a batch 2 days ago. Tried some then and also tonight. I had read a lot about how powerful it was. And while I definitely feel it, now.. and like it, I can't say it rocked my world. Certainly strong, however. The taste isn't great, but not nearly as bad as I had prepped myself for. I guess it's all about individual chemistry.

NPBones

I had just purchased my first pound of Stone kava and came here to read some reviews. Then I was like uh oh. But I have to say I am 30 minutes in a few cups and I for sure feel the effects. So far more stimulating and heady, I am hoping for a deep body relaxation later. But I have to say it is no dud that's for sure. And I know what you mean, sometimes kava does absolutely nothing, then another night it hits quick and hard. No reason for that either. Same batch. So it is really hard to judge a kava from one sitting.

Edit, one hour and twenty minutes later . I'd consider this very strong kava. A real head spinner.

Last edited:

Bert07

Me like da kava
I'll be brewing another batch shortly soon. It's just, when you have Moi/Mahakea micro lying around, you can't resist the temptation.

NPBones

My individual chemistry with this kava is it is super stimulating. Jaw grinding, almost not fun. And very strong. I normally make a half of cup of kava in my cold water brews. I then drink that over an hour or so. But this time the nausea hit and the room was spinning and my mouth was grinding. I am not a real fan of the stimulant effects. I did not think I would sleep, but did fall asleep pretty fast after going to bed. My wife had similar experiences.

It has been a while since I had a ferocious kava, but I backed off this one and will go 1/4 cup should I revisit. It could just be the batch or be me. But it was very strong in ways I am not sure I like. The mellow deep body stone was missing. Then again I did sleep good that night but not as good as a high DHM strain. It would be really neat to see a chart of kavalactones and effects. I have most of the literature. Maybe I should revisit Kava The Pacific Elixir. But I know more data needs to be gathered for more precise info. So many different effects of different kava's as well as individual chemistry.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I don't know what it is. I've been making and consuming a good amount of my Stone supply and it still doesn't live up to its expectations. I wonder if I got a bad batch. What a bummer :grumpy:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Not sure whats going on there...
I started my kava adventure with stone...
I think because of it's strenth it helped me get passed reverse tolorencr in 3-4 days....
Since i have ordered a bunch of new kavas i havent been back to stone, not sure why but the taste as i remebered was bad bad! Lol.
In the next few days I'm gona do some more and see how it does now that Im way past the RT...
If you are way past the RT as well a d your doing everything right it has to be either your body or a bad batch, what is the date on the back? I think it was just tested at 11+ % kavalactones so it certainly is strong! Lol...

Bert07

Me like da kava
I've been having Stone again for the past few nights and you're damn right it's strong! One of the strongest I've had and love it. I don't know what it is that happens but kava is so mysterious.. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - usually in the beginning.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
My individual chemistry with this kava is it is super stimulating. Jaw grinding, almost not fun. And very strong. I normally make a half of cup of kava in my cold water brews. I then drink that over an hour or so. But this time the nausea hit and the room was spinning and my mouth was grinding. I am not a real fan of the stimulant effects. I did not think I would sleep, but did fall asleep pretty fast after going to bed. My wife had similar experiences.

It has been a while since I had a ferocious kava, but I backed off this one and will go 1/4 cup should I revisit. It could just be the batch or be me. But it was very strong in ways I am not sure I like. The mellow deep body stone was missing. Then again I did sleep good that night but not as good as a high DHM strain. It would be really neat to see a chart of kavalactones and effects. I have most of the literature. Maybe I should revisit Kava The Pacific Elixir. But I know more data needs to be gathered for more precise info. So many different effects of different kava's as well as individual chemistry.
Im curious to know if you have adhd or add ? Not sure if kava is included, but people with adhd get energy from calming substances and relaxed with stimulant substances. Im not comparing kava to illegal things but it might have the same effect on a person with adhd/add

NPBones

Im curious to know if you have adhd or add ? Not sure if kava is included, but people with adhd get energy from calming substances and relaxed with stimulant substances. Im not comparing kava to illegal things but it might have the same effect on a person with adhd/add
No, no ADD or ADHD. I hear you though greenbeen, that same mechanism could apply. Most kavas make me calm and focused, then sleepy. Every once in a while a kava stimulates me, and for some reason that last batch of Stone did that. I usually have Fiji, or like tonight I am having Black Sand and am just getting the normal effects, calm, relaxed, almost krunk.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Papa kea has recently been my fav. Tradgically I realized this the same week it sold out for the season lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.