What's new

Squanch Kava Ceremony - brewing 1lb (454grams) at once.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
A friend and I had a Kava ceremony. I opened my Squanch, and a fresh pack of 5 gallon nylon strainers. I found the largest bowl and put a strainer in it, dumping the roots in. I used my fantastic wooden shell from gourmet hawaiian kava to measure 20 shells of water at exactly 167ml each to create a bowl of 3340ml water and 454 grams kava root.

Friend and I both used gloves and kneaded the roots. when finished he had a half a shell and I had a whole one. I announced it's the best kava I've made or had, and he said very relaxing. We froze and saved the roots as well as 1500ml of the kava. We walked in the wet forest stopping to have a shell. I had at least 3 shells that night and I was completely "krunked". Glad I tried this technique. Squanch gave me Kava for my birthday.

I was gifted 30 grams of some fine fine root powder. It was a prized and tasteful selection of dried root .That's the first time anyone has gifted me kava root for my birthday and I very much like it. Bula!

It brewed dark brown, earthy smelling and tasting, with essences of flowers and spices. Swirls of white atop the kava. thick appearance, smooth texture. strong flavor and very relaxing indeed. Don't have too much or too fast with this recipie.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
A friend and I had a Kava ceremony. I opened my Squanch, and a fresh pack of 5 gallon nylon strainers. I found the largest bowl and put a strainer in it, dumping the roots in. I used my fantastic wooden shell from gourmet hawaiian kava to measure 20 shells of water at exactly 167ml each to create a bowl of 3340ml water and 454 grams kava root.

Friend and I both used gloves and kneaded the roots. when finished he had a half a shell and I had a whole one. I announced it's the best kava I've made or had, and he said very relaxing. We froze and saved the roots as well as 1500ml of the kava. We walked in the wet forest stopping to have a shell. I had at least 3 shells that night and I was completely "krunked". Glad I tried this technique. Squanch gave me Kava for my birthday.

I was gifted 30 grams of some fine fine root powder. It was a prized and tasteful selection of dried root .That's the first time anyone has gifted me kava root for my birthday and I very much like it. Bula!

It brewed dark brown, earthy smelling and tasting, with essences of flowers and spices. Swirls of white atop the kava. thick appearance, smooth texture. strong flavor and very relaxing indeed. Don't have too much or too fast with this recipie.
Just wondering if you have woken back up yet from that session ::tanoa::::chugger::

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Certainly, it was beautiful. I made Kava with the leftover squancn every day for a week. Then we got together, thawed our kava, and watched a movie. I love bow my bowl has a natural rough edge, because when I drink a shell after pouring it, I turn it upside down to dry with air flowing in the bilo/kānoa and my bamboo coaster serves as a drying rack and keeps my she ll off the ground, protecting it.

I drank the kava holding my shell to my chest on the walk home,admiring a full moon and good friends. enjoyed the rest the next day, one more shell. BULA!
Christopher, my father says he sees the bowl you made every day. I have wishes and intentions to buy some sandalwood bowl from you. Aloha Chris, Jesse.

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast

This sounds really awesome. I would love to do something like that one day.

I'm really jealous of you guys that have access to whatever kava you want!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Yes! Going back, I'd repeat this with a finer micron cloth. The paint strainer has a micron in the several hundreds, possibly up to one thousand, whereas kava is best strained, I've found at 70 to 80 microns, up to 100 tops. What this means is I would consume more root with a bigger micron strainer and that can have hurt the belly. This was an awesome kava session for sure! I remember the kava being excellent, only a bit too strong, that's why I did it though, to learn what happens if I upscale a kava recipe by making sixteen or thirty two servings. Bula Bula! Thank you for discovering this thread.