What's new

sore Muscles? First 7 people can try our new kava salve for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Is Adil offering this salve for sale, yet? I can't seem to access his page from my phone. As I do not have a pc at the moment. If he is, how much does it cost and how many ounces is it? I'm in the position where I benefit from it, and the pain medicine is a rollercoaster that i'd like to get completely off of. I just need to know if it's cost effective for me. By the way, this is my third time using this salve, and it's been eight hours since I applied, and the effects are still going strong.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
hey tombo, it isnt for sale yet, this is just a sample to test the effects. They are still formulating the final product but it takes a very long time.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Hey everyone.

We realize that the First Gen is going to be a firecracker with all that heat. First release is coming in lovely wide mouth heavy glass jars in 1.3 oz for $24.95

We sent 1/3 of one ounce as samples so it should be cost effective as one needs to use little.

Bit early for per order links and we are still gauging how many will sell.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Adil Ghiasi

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I have been trying this stuff over the course of a couple days. I put some on my lower back because I've got lots of muscle tension back there, I used a decent amount and rubbed it in. I honestly wish there was more heat in to be better for loosening you up. I couldn't feel anything from the kava really; I was expecting it to numb my skin or make my muscles looser or something, but all I felt was heat. Maybe in future generations there will be more DHM in these? The smell is wonderful and overall it feels really nice, but for me I can see it more as a massage salve right now, maybe of it was all turned up a notch it would be great for muscle pain. All in all, it's some pretty awesome stuff and I'm excited to see what Adil an the lovely Raquel will come up with for the next generation!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Let me know when Paradise Kava releases a vaporizable product to use in my e-cigarette then I'll just go ahead and have my paychecks made out to Aloha Meher LLC.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Kapmcrunk said:
Let me know when Paradise Kava releases a vaporizable product to use in my e-cigarette then I'll just go ahead and have my paychecks made out to Aloha Meher LLC.
I once thought about trying to dissolve paradises extract into my e-juice

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
yeah, im curious... is this mostly dhm kava or kavain? I would imagine dhm would have a better effect

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Made with our Hawaiian kava and some co2 as well. Maybe we can use lower grades of imported Isa for more DHM in following batches. Aloha! AG

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Well i'd like to report that after working three days in a row, first work week since my surgery, I woke up this morning almost incapacitated. I tried the heating pad plus several 7.5 hydrocodone throughout the day, and was still extremely frustrated with nagging moderate pain. I spent fifteen minutes reapplying, and rubbing it in HARD. This stuff works for me. Whether it's the heat that soothes, or the kava, or both! I went from feeling sorry for myself on the recliner, to doing a double-sinkload of dishes and cleaning up after my one-year-old. This may not sound like much work, but being eight weeks or so post op from fusion surgery, I have to prioritize everything, every day, because of the recouperation process, and I simply run out of gas. Adil I hope you can start selling this soon, because the stupid capsasin patches won't stay on me even with duct tape. This salve works exponentially better than my lidocaine patches, which won't stay on, either. I truely believe the rubbing it in deep tissue style, over and over is more important than how much you use. I store the salve in a room which stays around fifty degrees, so when I use it, I have to warm up the top layer by rubbing it in a circular motion. Long story short, I used way less of the product this time and it was equally as effective. How I apply it seems to make all the difference. I may consider keeping it in the fridge to help with keeping the consistency of the product hard. Deep tissue rub, use just enough to make your finger shine, and re-apply over and over. When I do it this way, i'll literally feel it until I wash it off. Even then, the shower seems to turn it back on..

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Here's my take on it.

When I started using it soon after it was sent, the stuff had such a hardness to it that I wasn't sure it was doing anything in the minute amount I was able to rub onto the Queen's back, and it sort of sat there with lack of feedback. The Queen is a supertaster, and even the most delicious of kava extracts are too bitter for her. But, at her age, back issues are common.

However, two weeks ago, I had a killer headache. I normally reach for the pharmaceuticals, but I like to use topicals like Tiger Balm, and I happened to be looking at the small tublet of topical kava... so I used it on my forehead. Then I took a shower. Then I was blind for about five minutes. Lesson learned.

I had another headache about a week ago. No shower this time, but again, cayenne pepper in my eyes.

Also, the queen tripped over a vacuum cleaner she thought I had moved and it totally threw out her lower back. I was able to restore mobility through the judicious use of kava rub. I repeat, I was able to restore mobility. She had also learned from my error, and I had completely washed my hands. She must have scratched her back or something, because first she had it in her nose, and then her eyes... and then her nose and then her eyes again.

Adil, how about ramping down the cayenne, if at all possible? There's something about this stuff that no matter where I put it on myself or on the Sovereign Monarch, it winds up being a royal pain in the eyes.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Kaiden, The restored mobility part is VERY cool.

Yes, we will consider lowering the cayenne although a lot of research points in it's direction as an element to pull blood into an affected area so that kava can get to work effectively and vaso dilate thru.

Ok, we'll get to work on the second Gen shortly.

Are there any other improvements to this product?

Please chime in folks...

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Adil,

Ive used it a few more times and while it feels nice, i cant personally discern any difference between this and just normal capsacian rub. Im not saying there isnt, its just really hard to tell because all i feel is the capsacian and it feels similar to when i use normal capsacian rub. I still believe that kava muscle rub is a great product, but it might be good to try it without the capsacian to see if you notice any improvement.

Also, i would highly recommend switching to a high dhm/dhk based kava as those are the ones that affect muscle relaxation and pain. Im not really sure what good a high kavain kava would have topically on muscles.

My wife is in love with the smell though, it smells incredible :)

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Good input there bro.
It does smell great and we tried to go for a feeling of being grounded with the clary sage, patchouli and ylang ylang.
"Kava oil" saturates very quickly with kavalactones and our several day low heat process only slightly helps infuse further kavalactones into the coconut oil, so further addition of kava is going to be a creative challenge.
We'll get on it...eventually :) and only release something once it's significantly more powerful in terms of efficacy and quality.

ALL input is appreciated, keep them coming folks.
Cheers!
A.G

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
So Ive finally been able to try it due to a soccer injury...bittersweet

My first impression without even touching it was that it has a petroleum base like Vaseline, or vapor rub. And had a smell that was similar

after applying, it took about 2-5 minutes for me to feel the burn of the Capsaicin.

Upon initial feeling of the burn, it turned to more of a irritated feeling rather then "burn" feeling.

I have tried it 3 times total, with same effect.

I don't feel I received any of the effects of the Kava within the ointment. I think consuming Kava traditionally would have had a better effect.

I feel bad for the negative review, because I love everything else Paradise produces "and really wanting some more FIJI KAVA, wink wink"

But, I have to be honest, especially in trials

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
No problem brother.

Sometimes things work with the person, everyone's chemistry is different. I know allot of people have had great things to say about it, so I hope me review doesnt

stop anyone from trying the rub.

GREAT NEWS on the FIJI returning to stock.

Is it going to be of the same variety as last?

And.....anyway I could get a special kavalounge bulk price?

Im seriously crushing on it, and would like to have nice supply.

Thanks Adil

Status
Not open for further replies.