What's new

So all those kava side effects online are for Tudei right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noname

I see all kinds of side effects online from liver damage to losing motivation to do anything from using kava too much. I'm guessing those are side effects from non noble/Tudei kava right ?

Jerome

Kava Lover
Nope. The liver damage was from a tiny handful of incidents that had kava as a common factor. There was never any proven causation. It was wildly blown out of proportion in the media (as they are prone to do) and governments and health authorities reacted without reason (as THEY are prone to do). It may have been stems and leaves, it may have been preexisting conditions, it may have been a prescription overdose. I don't believe there is any evidence that kava powder causes liver failure.

As for lethargy, well yeah, drink enough of it all day and you won't feel like doing much. The same could be said for ice cream or burritos.

D

Deleted User01

On top of that, I have read more than a few articles that cite that drugs and alcohol were also involved and Kava just happened to be at the scene of the crime. It is also well know that bad kava extracts coming from places like China also had bad effects on people. That's why we always say, "Drink Kava like the Islanders did 300 years ago and everything will be fine".

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
On top of that, I have read more than a few articles that cite that drugs and alcohol were also involved and Kava just happened to be at the scene of the crime. It is also well know that bad kava extracts coming from places like China also had bad effects on people. That's why we always say, "Drink Kava like the Islanders did 300 years ago and everything will be fine".
Seems people always forget to mention those "other" substances when complaining about kava, be it legal or not.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Nope. The liver damage was from a tiny handful of incidents that had kava as a common factor. There was never any proven causation. It was wildly blown out of proportion in the media (as they are prone to do) and governments and health authorities reacted without reason (as THEY are prone to do). It may have been stems and leaves, it may have been preexisting conditions, it may have been a prescription overdose. I don't believe there is any evidence that kava powder causes liver failure.

As for lethargy, well yeah, drink enough of it all day and you won't feel like doing much. The same could be said for ice cream or burritos.
I did a test yesterday on a day off work. I woke early and had a lovely krunk on an empty stomach for a few hours. Then when everything wore off, I had a productive day of both physical and intellectual work. Then at the end of the day, I had another lovely krunk for a few hours. Then went to bed at a decent time, slept 8 hours and woke up feeling great. So I had two evenings worth of krunks in one single day, separated only by a day's worth of sober hard work. All in one day. And no tiredness or lethargy at all. It was awesome.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
This is why I made the post about Kavas legality and perception. I honestly like many that responded to that thread have a hard time seeing Kava ever becoming a mainstream substance that's used in the US. With that said it doesn't have to become mainstream in order to garner enough negative attention to change the DEA's perspective. The media is great at spinning any instance into whatever they want. If Kava is on the menu than you can be sure the media will order it.

All it takes is for one kid to poop in the sand box to ruin the other kids day.

D

Deleted User01

The DEA is cool with Kava. They really don't give a damn about Kava from what I have seen. I don't want kava to become mainstream because there is barely enough for us and the Islanders as it is. During the 1990s kava craze, kava was all the rage in Europe and it lead to really bad kava products being introduced into the market. So even though we defend kava, I for one am happy with the status quo. By the way, when members get blood tests, we always post our liver numbers. Everyone including myself have posted numbers that are outstanding. Probably because we cut way back on alcohol consumption.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
To actually answer OP's question I don't believe Kava that is consumed properly is anything to worry about. Verticity's article is on point about this subject. I wouldn't mix it medicines that contain acetaminophen or other substances such as alcohol though. As others already stated lathargy might exist if large amounts are consumed. I usually consume Kava daily and always feel better the next day. I also have a somewhat labor intensive job at times as an commercial/industrial HVAC tech. If it made me feel tired everyday it definitely wouldn't work for me.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
The DEA is cool with Kava. They really don't give a damn about Kava from what I have seen. I don't want kava to become mainstream because there is barely enough for us and the Islanders as it is. During the 1990s kava craze, kava was all the rage in Europe and it lead to really bad kava products being introduced into the market. So even though we defend kava, I for one am happy with the status quo. By the way, when members get blood tests, we always post our liver numbers. Everyone including myself have posted numbers that are outstanding. Probably because we cut way back on alcohol consumption.
Yea the article that Kapm posted about Kava was very interesting. With that said if one of these kava bars on mainland US was to get many sick I can't see that going to well regardless of the DEA's current perpesctive. If nothing else I feel as though restrictions/guidelines would be put in place.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
By the way, when members get blood tests, we always post our liver numbers. Everyone including myself have posted numbers that are outstanding. Probably because we cut way back on alcohol consumption.
I'll keep that in mind next time that I have blood work. Is there a specific place in the forum people put that information?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My kava drinking is paid for by the money I used to spend on alcohol, with a bunch left over. And it has positive effects instead of negative ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.