Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RT w/ no substance abuse, and good prep: a mystery

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EQ

Atman
There have been too many discussion on whether or not RT exists. It seems likely to me that people who experience something that would be a true reverse tolerance would have a toxic build. Daily or consistent Alcohol consumption, or any substance that you would consider toxic.
By true Reverse Tolerance I mean the prep is good, the consumption proper, and no effect based on bodily condition.

In the thread linked below most the people who voted yes, if memory serves correct, frequented Alcohol or a different substance for various reasons. I'm simply bringing this theory into more light.
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/is-reverse-tolerance-real.9013/

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I think with many things, especially plant medicines, your body needs to adjust to get the effects. Drugs and alcohol could easily cover your ears to the rythm of the medicine though. If you are used to music cranked up to 11, you might need some time to appreciate what natural background music is supposed to be

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Every single time I drink kava after a boozy night it either feels "rough" (harder to drink/enjoy) or weaker (takes much more root to feel it)

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
When I started drinking kava it was the day after I quite drinking alcohol, no RT experienced. At the time I was just looking for anxiety relief and was not drinking kava for a buzz. It worked perfectly for this from day 1.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
I wouldn't necessarily say that, he may be onto something. If I had gone into it thinking that I was going to feel the same as after six strong alcohol drinks I probably would have been let down or thought that it wasn't working. Fortunately I had done my homework and was only looking for the anxiety meter to be turned down a few notches. Started with small doses of fire island instant from N@H - worked beautifully.

Reactions: EQ

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Although I never had RT with kava, this seemingly "mystery" phenomenon keeps reminding me of the first time I smoked marijuana. "Don't expect much, takes a few times until it really hits you"... the person who told me this wasn't far off.
I feel like we could change the word "marijuana" to "kava" in this article and agree with certain observations.
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/nc/nc1d_9.htm
This stood out to me:
"This phenomenon has been called "reverse tolerance." These clinicians believed this represented "learning to get [krunk]" or acquiring the ability to appreciate or become sensitive to the subtle aspects of the intoxication"

Status
Not open for further replies.