What's new

Post your kava pictures.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Says the maker of most of the products on my kitchen table. :) I'm just interested to see other people's kava. Particularly after its made. I'd love to see the differences in color based on strain.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
I would post a pic, but I already drank all of tonight's(Yay) It was the special new batch of BKH's boroguru, just got it today. Good stuff.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
That looks very light even for a second strain of boroguru. Must just be the new batch. When I make mine I get this deep, light brown color. How's the taste of this batch???

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nakamal @ Home - Stone1/2 Cup Root to 12 oz water. Squeeze for 15-20 minutes.It's thick. Also I've noticed the trademark rubber glove smell back in the last order I got from them. Usually the more... rubber glovy...it smells, the stronger it is. I use the blue nitrile gloves when I squeeze, so I know it's the kava.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Heres pics of the resin buildup on my blender.
ill start taking pics of batches, i get some crazy yellow foam usually

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That is impressive. I have a set of strainers that I'm sure if you let them soak in warm water you could get krunk off the resulting liquid. I'm sure your blender has been imbued with the krunkedness as well. I think we should document as much as possible. I'll start posting the ritual on a regular basis, so we can all see how many different methods there are.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Unused glove to the left. 15 minute squeeze on stone at about 80 degrees (after soaking in 120 degree water for half an hour) on the right. This is the reason I wear gloves as my skin would be so dry I could sand my walls with them afterwards from the kavalactone buildup. Notice the green color. If the gloves were white they'd be yellow. I know that's self explanatory, but you know....for science.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
Guess the new boroguru is light then, or my strainer might just be too thick. It made amazing kava, even though I thought it didn't look good. The kilo of borogu I got awhile back made kava that looked like kapmkrunks stone pic.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
stevev said:
Guess the new boroguru is light then, or my strainer might just be too thick. It made amazing kava, even though I thought it didn't look good. The kilo of borogu I got awhile back made kava that looked like kapmkrunks stone pic.
how is the new batch of boroguru?

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Here's pics from a batch of Boroguru i just made, getting crazy foam.
i am guessing that the foam is almost pure resin.
the first pic is first strain, second pic is after blender and 2nd strain.
then my strainer bag showing how yellow it is.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I like that shell. Where did you get it?

I tried to make my own but it was pretty small and randomly cracked on me.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Frozen Prepared Fresh Kava, which I put in a ziplock. I can say it tastes exactly like it was just thawed and squeezed when I thaw it out.

Same bag, top of it.

Adil's Fresh Frozen Hiwa From Paradise Kava

What my strainers look like after countless squeezing sessions. 

kavalover

Outsider
Ed said:
I like that shell. Where did you get it?

I tried to make my own but it was pretty small and randomly cracked on me.
I got that from Nakamal at Home back when they sold coconut shells. It was the "large" variety of shell. they haven't had them in stock for a while though.