What's new

New/beginner

Cody

Kava Curious
@Kalm with Kava Are the travel concentrates any specific strain or a mixture? Also, if you don't mind, could you describe the difference in profiles between the Borogu and the Pouni Ono? I'd like to find a good daytime energy/anxiolytic and one that's good for peaceful/restful sleep

EQ

Atman
@Kalm with Kava Are the travel concentrates any specific strain or a mixture? Also, if you don't mind, could you describe the difference in profiles between the Borogu and the Pouni Ono? I'd like to find a good daytime energy/anxiolytic and one that's good for peaceful/restful sleep
Borogu is Kalm's most heavy and sleepy strain for me. It has a peppery taste. Recommended for night time, music, couch time.

Pouni Ono is great for daytime, for most people and is energetic. It has a chalky taste.

You may find the Borongoru to be great as I have found it. And fits all the above you are looking for. Daytime, anti-anxiety, peaceful, doesn't stimulate sleeplessness.

No real way to tell but experience. I have personally found I like Vanuatu roots.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
EQ is pretty spot on with the description of varieties. Pouni Ono being great for daytime use and socializing. Borogu being great for afternoon / evening drinking. Borongoru and Loa Waka can be anytime kavas. Borongoru is an excellent strain for anxiety and Loa Waka is the strongest kava we carry - small servings good for day use and large servings good for afternoon/evening.

The concentrate is a custom extract blend of Borongoru, Loa, and a little Pouni for kick - basically a good mix of effects.

Cody

Kava Curious
@EQ Interesting. Hopefully it arrives by the end of the week. I'll probably try the Borogu first in that case; do you ever mix strains? Like have a cup of one and then a cup of a different kind?

@Kalm with Kava What is the concentrate's base? Vegetable glycerin?

EQ

Atman
@Cody I personally do not mix, yet at least, unless I have leftover that I will throw down into a different strain to finish the bag up.

I have had one strain and then another hours apart.

Others here do mix.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Sample pack just arrived. @Kalm with Kava instead of the Pouni Ono, it came with Borogu and Borongoru. Is that a mistake?
Hey Cody,
Thanks for the purchase and apologies for the mix-up! When we created the listing we were only offering the Borogu and Pouni as micro options, now we have all 4 varieties and will get the listing updated to reflect that. I'll send you PM and we can get you taken care of on the Pouni Ono if you were looking forward to it.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The Pouni Ono is my favorite from KWK, I think you'll be pleasantly happy with it, for me, a grin from ear to ear is usually a good tell. (I imagine you must have tried it by now)