What's new

Mauikava - anyone know about this one?

Red

I've been curious about this vendor: www.mauikava.com
Looks like their product is called Uka Kava. Does anyone have any experience with this brand or know if it has been tested?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I used to buy from them in the early 2000's, they had a wide variety of cultivars, though many would often go out of stock.
I haven't seen much root available from them in many, many years....

@Kapmcrunk I want to create my own cultivar called Shakakea and open a nakamal called Shakamal ::tanoa::

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I used to buy from them in the early 2000's, they had a wide variety of cultivars, though many would often go out of stock.
I haven't seen much root available from them in many, many years....

@Kapmcrunk I want to create my own cultivar called Shakakea and open a nakamal called Shakamal ::tanoa::
I would want some Shakamon too. :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I've been curious about this vendor: www.mauikava.com
Looks like their product is called Uka Kava. Does anyone have any experience with this brand or know if it has been tested?
Maui kava started as Uka Kava, the owner Cliff S. lives in Waikea Uka, thus the name Uka kava. He is a friend of mine and has been for over 20 years. He used to sell a lot of Hawaiian kava but since he retired he does not grow kava anymore. He used to sell Isa but does not sell that anymore, he used to sell my kava but also will not be selling that anymore. I know he used to get the same instant that Kava Kauai sells and he is having some Vanuatu kava tested from a new supplier he found. He may or may not be selling kava in the future, it depends on if his new source is a good one or not. So that is the story with Maui kava. Please let me know if you have any more questions, aloha.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Maybe you could have shakakahn do the music. Oh, wait that's Chaka Kahn! Bad joke. You guys are probably too young to remember her.
Ain't Nobody better to caress our ear while drinking Shakakea at the Shakamal than Chaka Khan. Acoustic sets only though. If knowing Chaka Khan makes you old, I Feel For You, for I am old enough as well, to be very much aware of this mocha skinned diva. However, I was not yet conceived when she was still a Sweet Thing.
To keep with the flow, I also laced the previous sentences with bad puns. :D

Last edited:

Red

Maui kava started as Uka Kava, the owner Cliff S. lives in Waikea Uka, thus the name Uka kava. He is a friend of mine and has been for over 20 years. He used to sell a lot of Hawaiian kava but since he retired he does not grow kava anymore. He used to sell Isa but does not sell that anymore, he used to sell my kava but also will not be selling that anymore. I know he used to get the same instant that Kava Kauai sells and he is having some Vanuatu kava tested from a new supplier he found. He may or may not be selling kava in the future, it depends on if his new source is a good one or not. So that is the story with Maui kava. Please let me know if you have any more questions, aloha.

Chris
Thanks for the reply Chris. I see the friendship connection . . . similar interests (Kava, woodturning, Koa wood), same area, etc. By the way, I had a chance to see your woodturning page through a link in another discussion. Great stuff!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the reply Chris. I see the friendship connection . . . similar interests (Kava, woodturning, Koa wood), same area, etc. By the way, I had a chance to see your wood turning page through a link in another discussion. Great stuff!
Thanks, I am glad you liked my woodworking. It's funny because I tought a lot of people how to do woodworking and Cliff and his son si among the people I tought, I also used to take care of his kava farm when he had it, I would also help him process the kava too. I even sold him my Koa Wood Hawaii website when I sold my logging business. Now I get to do woodworking as a hobby instead of a job, that means I get to make what I want to make and not what all the galleries want me to make. Woodworking is fun again. :D
I do have another wood website but I have not really done much with that for a while. Maybe soon I will. Thanks again and aloha.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Now I get to do woodworking as a hobby instead of a job, that means I get to make what I want to make and not what all the galleries want me to make. Woodworking is fun again. :D
That moment when a hobby that became a chore becomes a hobby again. For me, the minute something I enjoy becomes something I'm expected to do (or something I have to do) is the moment it stops being fun.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
That moment when a hobby that became a chore becomes a hobby again. For me, the minute something I enjoy becomes something I'm expected to do (or something I have to do) is the moment it stops being fun.
I know what you mean, that is exactly how I feel. I love to do woodworking again. I can actually brain storm and come up with some real nice intricate things to make. If you ever get to Hawaii and want to make some stuff in my shop, please do. After playing in the shop we will drink some fresh kava root. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I bet I could turn out a mean pencil with a lathe. I'd probably be missing a few fingers by the time it was done...negating the use of the item which was made.

But seriously. I've got to get to Hawaii. The beaches in Nashville just don't compare.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I bet I could turn out a mean pencil with a lathe. I'd probably be missing a few fingers by the time it was done...negating the use of the item which was made.

But seriously. I've got to get to Hawaii. The beaches in Nashville just don't compare.
I make toothpicks. :)