What's new

legalize it

Ryanakamal

Kava Curious
23 april 2003 in a knee jerk reaction my country the netherlands banned kava regarding the highly shady liver scare, as with most bans here no research was commited. further investigation proved that traditional prep is fine and that your liver wont fall out. (lots of living case studies on this forum :joyful:) having experienced first hand how beneficial this root can be i got inspired. mostly to blab about it to friends and something else.
the former ban errythang goverment we had/the media that sensationalized is long gone. so here with the goverment beeing busy about terrorism and the immigration issue i feel that a well placed "hey please reconsider that decision because i want to open a buisiness or something" and provide plenty of data to prove the safety of kava it just might work!
i should point out my suggestion to reconsider only applies to kava root only, no pills extracts etc.
suggestions and good tests/studies are more than welcome. this is really hard.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
For a great deal of us, kava in whole or in part replaced alcohol. The evidence for liver damage by alcohol consumption is huge. A similar thing happened with ecigs when they started gaining popularity. There is lots of evidence against regularly smoking tobacco, but somehow ecigs were what you should really avoid. Also palcohol (powdered alcohol) was going to be consumed by your kids (as if kids never drink liquid alcohol).

I'm not saying all of these governments are corrupt, but it sure is interesting.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
23 april 2003 in a knee jerk reaction my country the netherlands banned kava regarding the highly shady liver scare, as with most bans here no research was commited. further investigation proved that traditional prep is fine and that your liver wont fall out. (lots of living case studies on this forum :joyful:) having experienced first hand how beneficial this root can be i got inspired. mostly to blab about it to friends and something else.
the former ban errythang goverment we had/the media that sensationalized is long gone. so here with the goverment beeing busy about terrorism and the immigration issue i feel that a well placed "hey please reconsider that decision because i want to open a buisiness or something" and provide plenty of data to prove the safety of kava it just might work!
i should point out my suggestion to reconsider only applies to kava root only, no pills extracts etc.
suggestions and good tests/studies are more than welcome. this is really hard.
What boggles my mind is that other drugs are legal in the Netherlands, more than in any other country, It seems very ironic that kava would be illegal.

Ryanakamal

Kava Curious
sorry for the late reply but i have had a flu from hell... but yes my national food and safety administration says on the website the kava liver thing and for me it gave me a more sensible way of dealing with alcohol and winfab that part of the law here is really weird. i have no problem with the green stuff as i view it to be much less troubling than alcohol but its just not for me. and the goverment effectively made it super lucrative for the big badguys with zany laws. i can buy it in a coffeeshop, coffeeshop cant have more than 500 g and where does it come from? fairies maybe :) they cant get their stuff but they can sell it.. also the new i guess information regarding xtc/mdma from the public service is just.. at the end they say do you swallow everything?? needless to say that stuff is really abundant and since they changed the legal drinking limit from 16 to 18 kids get pills. why spend 30$ on booze if you gan get a pill that will knock your socks of for 5$ right? i really think that this will become a giant clusterf...

anyway still hoarding information and on sunday i get to meet a lawyer at a social event and ask her some things.