What's new

Lebot interview on Tudei/hepatotoxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

meow

Kava Curious
Ok but if it's no different then drinking casually or consuming Tylenol and stuff then why would you be told to not use it?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Ok but if it's no different then drinking casually or consuming Tylenol and stuff then why would you be told to not use it?
I don't know whether it is different from drinking casually or consuming tylenol. I personally think its probably harmless, but I have no way of knowing. I'm just going with what the dude who literally wrote the book on kava says.

meow

Kava Curious
I'm just saying if it helps anxiety can be entheogenic, cures cancer it seems and a God send of medical greatness then why would you not do it? Just cuz some guy said not too?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'm just saying if it helps anxiety can be entheogenic, cures cancer it seems and a God send of medical greatness then why would you not do it? Just cuz some guy said not too?
When that guy is the most knowledgable researcher of kava on the planet, lives in Vanuatu and spends literally all day every day thinking about this stuff, yeah. I drink kava, I've just stopped drinking tudei kava.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I'm sold! I'm going to order Koniak so I get can sleep like a Tudie-ish log. (After I knock down some Melo Yelo).

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
This video turned me off of tudeis quite a bit. I have yet to try a real tudei. I got a big bag of isa/tudei from Kavabyrex sitting at home. I was supposed to try it out but after this info I stick to noble strains.
Still I would like to know what other thinks about KBR's Isa? Why do people go for it? Or are people going for it at all? Is it a very sedative kind of kava? or more a heady kind?
I prefer the Tongan, or some nice boroguru.
Stone used to be one of my favourites, although I have hard to get it down lately, and it seems kinda too strong for me. I prefer to be able to do more than lay in a dark room unable (or rather unwilling) to eat or do anything except listening to relaxing music..

Kava can be a bit difficult I find. I'm a kratomie since years and years back in time, although I got familiar with Kava before the era of Krat started.
I do like Kava, or rather, some days I absolutely love it and it brings me this wonderful social bliss and feeling of being very contained.
other days I feel restless and almost get a light depression, which can be a deeper depression the next day. I have no idea what causes this, but I have my suspicions.

The thing is, when I drink Kava I don't eat. Even if I'm extremely hungry before the hunger vanishes and I feel no urge to do anything except being. This is absolutely great after a hard days work, but only if done right, i.e. make food, eat, relax for an hour or so, then mix up the grogg and take it from there. But I have, or at least used to have, a tendency to go straight for the grogg after I get home.

I don't combine Kava and Krat. I used to do it back in the days, but I have found they don't really make a good combo, and Krat easily brings out the nausea from kava.

Anyway, what's the deal with these tudei/isa varieties? I guess I will never know before I try. Still I feel skeptic. I like to wake up not feeling the hangover from Kava which do occur from time to time, and to me it sounds like a tudei will give more of that feeling than the more shorter acting noble strains, or am I wrong?
I would just simply like to know what makes people like them? And if I should expect nausea, sedation, headiness or euphoria from this variety?
Until I get a somewhat clear answer I will stick with Boroguru and Tongan every 3rd day or so :)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
They are more potent, easier to grow (and therefore generally cheaper), and subjectively a bit different from noble kavas, I would say they are more intoxicating, sedating, and as the name says their effects can last for tudeis (two days), although in practice it's not like you're krunk for two days straight, more like you feel a little odd when you wake up. I hope Lebot gives me the green light, because I do like them. I've read that they can cause more nausea, although I'm not very prone to kava nausea so I wouldn't know.

None of that is about KBR Isa in particular. I really didn't like KBR's Isa, personally.

meow

Kava Curious
To me tudeis are like exactly what i feel a entheogenic kava should be like with silence and " talking to the spirit" like the traditional ppl would do when subscribed in Lebot's book. They may not have been drinking tudei varieties but that's how i feel the experience is like and i have not had a high kavain variety give me those same effects, and yes is more sedative. And i still just cant fathom how you have to wait for someones approval to drink a certain thing, that's like saying if the US gov. were to make kava illegal tom. saying it causes liver damage no matter what variety you would just stop drinking kava like that.

D

Deleted User01

Meow, drink yourself some Tudie. But do yourself a favor and don't drink it everyday, why play with fire? One more thing, make sure you do a liver panel when you get blood tests. If the results are always good, then "Don't worry, be Happy". If the results are bad, then get yourself some "Come On Mannnnn!".

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
To me tudeis are like exactly what i feel a entheogenic kava should be like with silence and " talking to the spirit" like the traditional ppl would do when subscribed in Lebot's book. They may not have been drinking tudei varieties but that's how i feel the experience is like and i have not had a high kavain variety give me those same effects, and yes is more sedative. And i still just cant fathom how you have to wait for someones approval to drink a certain thing, that's like saying if the US gov. were to make kava illegal tom. saying it causes liver damage no matter what variety you would just stop drinking kava like that.
Well, I don't need a babysitter or a government to tell me what to do or not. That's not the point, the point is rather I hate the feeling of kava hangover, and from some people's tales here and other places it seems like it would be one of those kava that would make me kind of depressed the day after, while on others it sounds like the opposite.
I used to read on places like erowid before I knew these forums, but the reports there are always to be taken with a huge amount of skepticism.
I more asked for people's opinion on KBR Isa/tudei, to have an idea of what to expect. Not waiting for some one to tell me what to eat or drink or how to take a shit. I do have my own will and judgement that eventually will make my choices. But I can't see whats wrong trying to gather information before.
Actually, I wish I did gather more information before ingesting certain things in the past that left me with terrible panic anxiety and a loss of my stable ground. Although the ride eventually (after 3-4 years or so) was a good lesson learn, I prefer to never make any similar mistakes. And even though we are only talking about kava here, I better be safe than sorry.
Finally, the Governments opinion is the last one I would listen to. I asked the question here cause this ground has lots of experience, something the government lacks completely..

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
We appreciate those who ask opinions and then base their purchases on the collective recommendation of people who've been there and done that. I stopped drinking tudei kavas not because Vincent Lebot, the man who quite literally wrote the book on kava, tells us it could contain compounds that have been shown to be toxic to the liver. I stopped drinking tudei because of the way it made me feel. Yes, it was incredibly strong, but it had the highest physical load and made me feel sicker than anything should. It gave me worse dermapothy than any other kava has. My back left stripes of blood in my bed sheets. I wouldn't suggest any isa or tudei kava to anyone for any symptom. I know there are people who would argue against me, but drink it steadily and the negative evidence eventually adds up.

@Kravatomill If you're looking for a kava with no chance for heavy lingering effects I would suggest against tudei/isas.

meow

Kava Curious
Meow, drink yourself some Tudie. But do yourself a favor and don't drink it everyday, why play with fire? One more thing, make sure you do a liver panel when you get blood tests. If the results are always good, then "Don't worry, be Happy". If the results are bad, then get yourself some "Come On Mannnnn!".
i spent 3 weeks in the hospital for an un related accident and i never had any problems with my liver crap or anything else. ive never drank kava everyday that just seems weird i like a clear head to think clearly not numbed all the time, ive done that with many of things lol
Well, I don't need a babysitter or a government to tell me what to do or not. That's not the point, the point is rather I hate the feeling of kava hangover, and from some people's tales here and other places it seems like it would be one of those kava that would make me kind of depressed the day after, while on others it sounds like the opposite.
I used to read on places like erowid before I knew these forums, but the reports there are always to be taken with a huge amount of skepticism.
I more asked for people's opinion on KBR Isa/tudei, to have an idea of what to expect. Not waiting for some one to tell me what to eat or drink or how to take a shit. I do have my own will and judgement that eventually will make my choices. But I can't see whats wrong trying to gather information before.
Actually, I wish I did gather more information before ingesting certain things in the past that left me with terrible panic anxiety and a loss of my stable ground. Although the ride eventually (after 3-4 years or so) was a good lesson learn, I prefer to never make any similar mistakes. And even though we are only talking about kava here, I better be safe than sorry.
Finally, the Governments opinion is the last one I would listen to. I asked the question here cause this ground has lots of experience, something the government lacks completely..
idk maybe theres indulterants in your kava or your just acceptable to that for some reason with your physiology of your body. Ive never once ever had a kava hangover from any variety or any dosage so idk about that, and it sure as hell doesnt make me depressed after a night of kava whatsoever.

P

paul59539

Suspects 3 potential sources of hepatotoxicity
- Flavokawain B, demonstrated to be toxic in vitro
- Pipermethystine, found only in the stems of the kava plant
- Mold infection
Really interesting.. Thanks for this useful information.. Great job:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.