What's new

kava noob... first paradise purchase question

kl.miramo

What  a great community, thank you to everyone who's contributed its been a tremendous resource.
I've never partaken of Kava before and I'm planning on making a first purchase via Paradise based uponall I've read here.
I'm thinking of getting one of the extracts plus either the 
new fiji powderPNG isa powderHawaiian powderorfresh frozen
Pricing is fine on any of them as my primary concern is quality and experienceand would love any thoughts you may have thanxM

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome aboard. I'm sure everyone will tell you to go fresh-frozen if you can. I live in Canada and mostly drink kava alone so thats not really an option for me price/headaches wise. When I was new to kava I bought a sampler that contained a PNG Isa, a Fiji waka, and some "melo melo" (not from Paradise). The Isa is what got me interested. The other ones I found to be too weak to consider again.

If I were you I would order some of the awa from paradise. Its very strong and has a very high kavain type euphoria that it seems most people like. I have been wrecked on it and can vouch for its potency. I would also order some isa. I personally am experimenting with the Paradise isa because it doesnt seem to be hitting me as hard as it is hitting some others I have given it to. But that said, it is effective and very relaxing and a good product for sure.

I think being able to juxtapose the awa and the isa will give you a good sense of the range of different effects that kava can have, depending on the different lactone profiles. You might find you love kavain and hate DHM, or vice verse. Two different kavas can certainly have very different effects.

I have not tried the Fiji Waka from Paradise. However, I've got some in my fridge from another vender I bought recently and am again disappointed with it. The Fiji stuff has just never impressed me. I dont intend to order any more of it from anyone.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
I'd like to reneg part of my post. I put back about 3 tablespoons of waka today and am krunked right out. I don't know if it's a dosage thing or what but success! Not bad at all.

kavalover

Outsider
Nah, I wouldn't recommend a newbie try the fresh frozen blend, since they won't really understand what's so special about it as compared to dry root kava. Save the fresh frozen blend until you know what kava generally has to offer via dry root kavas, then go ahead and get blown away by the awesomeness which is fresh frozen root pulp. But that's just me. Do whatever you want. lol

I'm with buddhacide though, I'd recommend the 'awa - it's on the euphoric end of the effect spectrum not to mention it tastes fantastic from what I remember.

Best of luck in your kava journey

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Welcome Miramo!

The guys above will not steer you wrong. They know their kava.

Yes, Hawaiian. Yes, Fijian. NO PNG.

Yes Extract, as well.

No Fresh Frozen, just yet.

All the best!

Adil Ghiasi