What's new

Kava is making me feel very sick

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I've only done toss-and-wash with the ISA from Kava By Rex. I know this sounds like I was looking to be wasted, but honestly I just loved the taste of it. I started mixing it with olive oil and using it as a salad dressing, and mixed it with P. nigrum as a steak seasoning. If I could bake worth a damn, I probably would have made biscuits out of it.
NO I have done it too- when I felt like getting to the point, when I didn't want to strain and knead and knead and knead lol. I think it is fine, the only thing I really noticed is that it hits my stomach way differently and I go through a lot more Kava. Being a recovering addict, I have had days where I want to get "wasted" on kava - basically meaning zoning out until my body melts into my beanbag chair and they become one. Even if I get krunked on Kava and it doesnt happen much anymore- I never do anything I regret, accept for not eat that last piece of chocolate cake lol. Has anyone noticed if Kava makes them grouchy? I have felt really grouchy after having a couple of shells, so I took a break and it went away, still I thought that was weird.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
NO I have done it too- when I felt like getting to the point, when I didn't want to strain and knead and knead and knead lol. I think it is fine, the only thing I really noticed is that it hits my stomach way differently and I go through a lot more Kava. Being a recovering addict, I have had days where I want to get "wasted" on kava - basically meaning zoning out until my body melts into my beanbag chair and they become one. Even if I get krunked on Kava and it doesnt happen much anymore- I never do anything I regret, accept for not eat that last piece of chocolate cake lol. Has anyone noticed if Kava makes them grouchy? I have felt really grouchy after having a couple of shells, so I took a break and it went away, still I thought that was weird.
ALSO! My sense of smell becomes acute, sometimes the slightest smell of something unpleasnt makes me want to gag- does anyone else ever feel this way?

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I've only done toss-and-wash with the ISA from Kava By Rex. I know this sounds like I was looking to be wasted, but honestly I just loved the taste of it. I started mixing it with olive oil and using it as a salad dressing, and mixed it with P. nigrum as a steak seasoning. If I could bake worth a damn, I probably would have made biscuits out of it.
Kava salad dressing- wow, so you don't make the Kava face? lol

Nttawty

Kava Curious
Thank you all for the replies. I was going to get kava extract from paradise kava but I see they are gone. Is kava paste a good starter for getting back in? If so, anyone know where else I can buy it from ?