What's new

Kava for pain relief suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
Hit the nail on the head with that post. It's definitely an acquired taste. Speaking of taste, the instant Nene from GHK is (for me) officially the best tasting kava I've ever had. I didn't even have rinse my mouth out after drinking it.
What? No feeding the infamous sink monster?::awesomesmiles::

R

Rookietwoshoes

I found it to be a light, pleasant hypnotic but it didn't make me sleepy and or tired like his boroguru.

D

Deleted User01

Someone somewhere said it tastes like monkey ass so I'm expecting some grossness. Nasty taste far outweighs the benefit I will get from this.
Ok, I draw the line at Monkey Ass. :LOL: We came up with a bunch of recipes last year that use Instant and Micronized and they taste good. My current fave is ginger ale, lime, and ice with either instant or micronized. But you can do grape juice, pomegranate, cranberry or mix them. Then you have orange juice, pineapple juice and so on. I even developed an ice cream soda but without the ice cream. Just club soda, some sugar syrup, chocolate syrup, and ice (or ice creme). Just like they used to make at the local drugstore 40 years ago.

To mix it well, I will put the kava in a glass some just a 2/3 ozs of liquid. Now stir it real good. Then add the rest of the stuff. Make sure you have a spoon in the glass to stir because Kava does sink to the bottom. Maybe my next recipe will be Chunky Chocolate Monkey Butt. :ROFLMAO: Reverse tolerance means that it may take a week or even two weeks before you feel the full effects. It's almost like your body developes kava (Kavalactone) receptors during this time. However .... you will still sleep well. Here is a link to some recipes and other info.

Oh, and one more thing, Welcome to the Forum @ScreamingMimi !::awesomesmiles::

D

Deleted User01

That's awesome! I may have to try it next time I have fundage. How is it effect wise?
@KavaGurl, I had 3 tablespoons yesterday afternoon when I was doing my Blood Pressure/Pulse experiment. Nene is sedating. I could have stopped at 2 tablespoons of Micronized and I would have been fine but I did another for the sake of science. Also, since the color is so lite, it is perfect for Kava Kocktails because the drink retains its color (within reason). Also less Monkey Ass. :D

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
@Steve Mariotti Can you explain reverse tolerance to me? Does that mean it takes less to get the same effect vs what happens with say benzos (which do not taste like rhino anus.
I prefer the term "becoming sensitized" to "overcoming reverse tolerance", but it's widely accepted (and has borne out in my own experience) that for the first X times you drink kava or eat concentrate or drink Kalm or whatever, you don't get the real kava experience. You get from nothing at all to a very muted version of it. Then, at some point that seems to be completely personal and body-chemistry specific, you become sensitized and can really enjoy kava for what it is. It took me about 2 weeks of drinking some every other day, but some people feel it immediately and some people take longer.

It's totally worth hanging in there. The kava experience is so singular and wonderful. And I have a pretty storied past with legal and not-so-legal mind altering substances in my medical treatment and self-medication trevails over many many years.

EDIT: And oh yeah, it seems to take less and less (or about the same as last time, depending on how many days have passed since I last drank some) to get me to the same mental space: relaxed, clear headedness, openness, silliness, sociability all come online for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.