What's new

kava + CBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Curious if anyone has experience using kava & CBD? I have been drinking some kava and also trying a really nice CBD oil. Looking to understand the synergistic (or not so synergistic) effects better. I saw a post from 2015 but thought I would bring it up again with the progress in science, legality and understanding.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I have not but I imagine you could really amp up the anxiolytic and pain relieving aspects of kava without feeling too trashed.

LunaKava

Kava Vendor
I took CBD for a few months in pretty large doses, I didn't find it to be to synergetic but it did help with any stomach problems that could arise from to much kava. I took a full spectrum CBD paste around 50mg per use, this provided a very mellow relaxed feeling without interfering with the mind. I would continue to use it as a daily supplement if it weren't for the cost, CBD can be very expensive since there are still only a few good sources and limited farmers of high CBD plants.

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
I only use cbd and kava for sleep. They make sleep so much better. So I do feel like they synergize on that level.
Had about two full droppers last night and was so relaxed. I think cbd is awesome for anxiety. Didn't have it for the last month or so an I was way more stressed out than I am today. Like all that bullshit is now gone....fuck I feel good today lol

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
CBD from hemp? That's all I've used and being in benzo withdrawal at the time, wasn't sure how it made me feel when also drinking kava. Didn't feel a huge difference other than being anxious that I was doing something bad to my body, so didn't continue. Maybe I should try the "real"stuff!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Either my mind and body have a negative reaction to marijuana, or it is just plain too strong. I like to be in control of my cognitive functions. I've even tried pure CBD extracts and had bad reactions. I'm very sensitive to mind-altering substances. A night of drinking gives me a day of depression. Marijuana makes me very inward-looking and critical. Kava, coffee, and sobriety are the only things that actually makes me feel good. That being said, I have had good experiences with other "cultural drugs" like chat (khat) (Ethiopia), beetle nut (South Pacific/Melanesia), kola nut (West Africa), and coca leaves (Peru).

HerbalDude420

Mr True Colors
The hemp versions suck and are way to costly i have found an Oregon vendor that is CBD only from actual lets say the good stuff legal in 25 states ships anywhere in the US. He is very friendly and will answer any questions you have. Comes in a couple different forms very affordable. If your interested pm me since i assume I'm not allowed to link. Can't contribute if there is any synergy i would assume it would be ok since they act on different pathways both are therapeutic and help with pain and anxiety. I'm not trying to sell you guys anything i just believe in the healing powers of herbal medicine.

Last edited:

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
I've been taking CDB in the morning and I noticed walking around Home Depot that I felt very loose (like a puppy dog - where the joints are flexible and fluid). Stress levels are down and then I take a kava candy and it seems to relax me too much - I am pretty sensitive to anything so maybe it is overkill for me but good for others.

I heard that CBD takes a few weeks to get into the system??? - assuming you are using it for wellness and not necessarily for a particular ailment.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
They probrably mean just to build up and help with chronic issues.
Cbd for sure gets into the blood and system immediatley. Cannabis is not well known for its building effect but it's a big part. Most people need a week or so of not ingesting cannabis for it to really leave and feel full sober .

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
Binx is spot on with his answer. I quit smoking bud for 6 months. Then had only 10mg of cbd and could feel the slight effects it had.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Sonebody told me cbd is kind of like valerian root. Any truth to that statement? Cos' I recenty tried valarian root. The closest I can compare that to is something like 500ug of Xanax.

HerbalDude420

Mr True Colors
No there is no comparison between the two. That and CBD is way beyond more medicinal than mere Valerian root. That was i believe a very poor statement they both act differently and on different pathways. CBD indirectly acts on your endocannabinoid system very vital and important system. CBD can help with inflammation and pain caused thereof and can damn near stop seizures and its curing peoples cancer when mixed with all the other cannabinoids. Valerian helps very few with sleep/anxiety/low blood pressure. CBD will always be way beyond more therapeutic than Valerian. Anecdotal and Scientifically speaking CBD>>>Valerian.

Last edited:

Jerome

Kava Lover
Either my mind and body have a negative reaction to marijuana, or it is just plain too strong. I like to be in control of my cognitive functions. I've even tried pure CBD extracts and had bad reactions. I'm very sensitive to mind-altering substances. A night of drinking gives me a day of depression. Marijuana makes me very inward-looking and critical. Kava, coffee, and sobriety are the only things that actually makes me feel good. That being said, I have had good experiences with other "cultural drugs" like chat (khat) (Ethiopia), beetle nut (South Pacific/Melanesia), kola nut (West Africa), and coca leaves (Peru).
Betel nut is a fun one! I remember popping in those giant, flavorful, wads of leaf, betel, tobacco and a bunch of other stuff back in India. Gives you a sensational ringing head buzz for an hour or so!

I should see if I can grow that palm here.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
No there is no comparison between the two. That and CBD is way beyond more medicinal than mere Valerian root. That was i believe a very poor statement they both act differently and on different pathways. CBD indirectly acts on your endocannabinoid system very vital and important system. CBD can help with inflammation and pain caused thereof and can damn near stop seizures and its curing peoples cancer when mixed with all the other cannabinoids. Valerian helps very few with sleep/anxiety/low blood pressure. CBD will always be way beyond more therapeutic than Valerian. Anecdotal and Scientifically speaking CBD>>>Valerian.
I think I prefer CBD as opposed to Valarian...one of the first drinks I tried to make (before kava) was a valarian mixed drink...ugh, try to mask that smell :)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Generally speaking (just curious if you had to pick one:
Does CBD intensify kava? or does CBD weaken kava effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.