What's new

Kava as Antidepressent

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Isa is my favorite strain for this, and my favorite Isa strain for making myself less depressed is the stuff from Kule'a Farm Kava Co.

Disclaimer 1 - I have not yet tried the nine-year-old Isa from Paradise.  It may be even better, or it may be total crap.

Disclaimer 2 - This statement isn't intended to cure anything in the DSM, in any version, so the FDA can STFU.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Kava is wonderful for depression, and it doesn't turn you into an emotionless zombie, which is useful every now and then :)

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Thank's for the report, Pep. I'm a little scared of it myself, but I couldn't resist ordering a pound on Cyber Monday.

kl.cuvtixo

Kava Curious
Thanks for the suggestion, Your Royal Kavaness! I've been thinking of trying Kule'a Farm Kava Co simply because they sell on Amazon, and I already spend a lot of time and money there, although KFKC does not qualify for free Prime shipping. :( There's some kava that does, but they don't have very many reviews, and I don't know how else to judge their quality.

As for the well reviewed sites here, I took advantage of a couple of Cyber Monday sales and I don't think Amazon sells enough kava to have any sales. They sell a couple of kava bags, but nothing from their warehouses with free shipping. I suspect someone could make a few bucks fixing that situation.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
The PNG ISA from Kule (KBWK) is my favorite ISA as well. I fact, that's the kava that kept me interested. I see they have it in stock again, may have to grab some.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Oh, by the way. It seems impossible to be depressed and to have recently drunk nine-year-old Isa. I think it's the packaging.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Isa is ok. Now that' I've tried one or two I think I have to be in the mood for it. I'm not depressed but I used it when I was having a particularly crappy month so I can see why it might work for that.

I've been feeling low lately and it may be due to my reduced kava supply. It will be interesting to see if my mood elevates when I get my supply on friday and I start drinking it again.  I'll try to remember to post if I do have a difference in mood.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
stone has been making me consistently start laughing the last 4 times ive taken it, and i was fighting depression at the time.

Personally ISA doesnt hit me very strong, im not sure why.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
I have the same effect with ISA, it is really weird. I think you need some Kavain to induce psychotropic effects otherwise straight body stone feels off. If you mind can still race be stimulated I can't relax no matter how rubbery my muscles are.

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
Prince Philip said:
Isa is my favorite strain for this, and my favorite Isa strain for making myself less depressed is the stuff from Kule'a Farm Kava Co.Disclaimer 1 - I have not yet tried the nine-year-old Isa from Paradise.  It may be even better, or it may be total crap.Disclaimer 2 - This statement isn't intended to cure anything in the DSM, in any version, so the FDA can STFU.
This one is much more expensive then what I bought before, is it that much better?

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
totally different kind of kava. some people love it, a lot of people hate it. It can be way too strong for some people and gives nausea and hangs around the next day. To me it doesnt hit that hard, but i think i'm rare for that effect. Since u are still getting started I would try a bunch of other kavas first before trying an isa. Most of the kavas I have tried help fight depression. the only one that didnt so far was melo melo.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
i think stone works well for depression for me. it helps that it makes me giggle for several minutes. that always puts me in a better mood.

Try to smile or think of something funny 10-15 minutes after drinking, it seems to roll into unstoppable laughter for me