What's new

Kava and oxycodone

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I'm taking 5mg percocets for some pain management and was just wondering if there will be any interactions between that and the kava? Better safe than sorry

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
Aren't those usaully loaded with acetimetiphine (I know I butchered that one) and I thought I read some where to avoid this whilst sippin on some grog.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I'm no doctor, but I was on pain management for years and took 20-40mg a day, without the tylenol. My last dosage would be around 3pm, but occasionally I simply couldn't sleep and would dose later in the evening. I've had my liver enzymes tested for several reasons in the recent past, and they've always been normal. I'm no doc, but I was taking a lot more than you and tested normal. Kava consumption was 3-4 evenings/week. , tops.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
tombo said:
I'm no doctor, but I was on pain management for years and took 20-40mg a day, without the tylenol. My last dosage would be around 3pm, but occasionally I simply couldn't sleep and would dose later in the evening. I've had my liver enzymes tested for several reasons in the recent past, and they've always been normal. I'm no doc, but I was taking a lot more than you and tested normal. Kava consumption was 3-4 evenings/week. , tops.
thanks a lot! This was very helpful :)

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Well I tossed and washed three tablespoons of nambawan and then a few tablespoons of stone and ate some kava candies. And then I took 7.5mg oxycodone and now. Well, I am more intoxicated than I have been in awhile. On any substance. But I'm still mentally here. Sort of frightening how strong this is. Moral of the story, if you are taking oxy, don't take it right after taking a bunch of kava.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
Well I tossed and washed three tablespoons of nambawan and then a few tablespoons of stone and ate some kava candies. And then I took 7.5mg oxycodone and now. Well, I am more intoxicated than I have been in awhile. On any substance. But I'm still mentally here. Sort of frightening how strong this is. Moral of the story, if you are taking oxy, don't take it right after taking a bunch of kava.
Damn son, thats some heavy tossing and washing! Do you not feel anything the next day from that? Anything over two of nambawan and I pay for it with a hangover. As for the combination, I think they synergize wonderfully, and at that dosage you wont experience any complications. However, you have to watch it with percocets because of the aceteminophen. Your liver can only handle a small amount of it at a time (about two grams or so), and it will make your body less able to handle other toxins, like alcohol or kava. You'll pay for it with a terrible hangover. Doing one or two wont hurt though. If you find yourself wanting to take more than 4 (and dont if you have no reason to), I suggest doing a cold water extraction.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Buddhacide said:
Krunkedout said:
Damn son, thats some heavy tossing and washing! Do you not feel anything the next day from that? Anything over two of nambawan and I pay for it with a hangover. As for the combination, I think they synergize wonderfully, and at that dosage you wont experience any complications. However, you have to watch it with percocets because of the aceteminophen. Your liver can only handle a small amount of it at a time (about two grams or so), and it will make your body less able to handle other toxins, like alcohol or kava. You'll pay for it with a terrible hangover. Doing one or two wont hurt though. If you find yourself wanting to take more than 4 (and dont if you have no reason to), I suggest doing a cold water extraction.
next day effects were horrible. But it wasn't your normal kava hang over, I felt slow and riddled with anxiety (like feeling horrible guilt about nothing) I think a lot of this was from taking the oxy over the course of the day, I guess my body just doesn't deal with it well.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Like many autistics, I have a very high anesthesia tolerance, and was not given nearly enough Percocet to survive the weekend after hemorrhoid surgery. I used kava every hour to make myself comfortable, but about two or three hours after bed time, I found I needed a Percocet to sleep through the night.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Its funny because I find percs quite stimulating. I have a hard time sleeping on them. Krunked out, do you normally take that much kava? I would doubt if 1 1/2 percs played to great a role (probably didnt help, lol). I get anxiety reactions if I take too much kava as well.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I normally don't take that much as a toss and wash. Actually I rarely toss and wash. I usually drink between 6-8 tablespoons a night via the traditional method. And I had more percs throughout the day, that was just how much I took right after the kava