What's new

Kava After-Effects

Bert07

Me like da kava
It seems like the past couple of days after drinking kava consecutively at nighttime I've been much more relaxed and easy going, but I can't help to notice that is has also affected my mental clarity and "fluency," meaning my mind and thought process and even speaking appears to be very slow, cloudy and dulled down--almost at times where I can't even get my words out or have to try harder than usual to say what I want to say. Does anyone else have a similar problem with this? This has caused me to take a break from it which makes me a bit disappointed because I do enjoy my kava sessions at night. This is partly the same reason why I quit smoking MJ back in the day.

On a side note I don't drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverages in the morning since I'm not the type who enjoys stimulants, but I mention this because I'm sure a lot of you kava drinkers, as for most of the human population, drink coffee in the morning which as a result may combat problems such as these. I'm just curious to see if some of you experience this regardless.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Hmmm...if I drink some kind of heavy kava I might. I'm talking something like a PNG Isa or WOW kava from Nakamal at home.

With my everyday varieties it's not a problem for me. I don't drink kava every night either so that might be part of it.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I'm a nightly drinker and I don't notice this. I do have a few cups of coffee in the morning though so maybe that has something to do with it but I still think I would be noticing more of it. I feel the calmness lets my mind function better personally

Bert07

Me like da kava
Vekta, it could possibly be what you mentioned--something too heavy of a kava especially for an amateur like myself. All I've been having is Wow! which is the first root powder I have tried out so far. Maybe a little more experimentation with the other varieties is what I should be doing. You guys have any personal favorites?

Bert07

Me like da kava
In all honesty, Wow! for me wasn't anything exceptional--at all actually. But, that is to say reverse tolerance hasn't kicked in yet. I guess I had stopped drinking too soon before its true potential could have been unleashed..for better or for worse.

Calvincs

Kava Curious
I tend to drink Kava, various blends depending on the day, every 3 or so days.

Often the day after, or maybe 2 days after I find I can have the same reactions..  A little foggy, but otherwise feel GREAT!

To fix that, I have a small cup of coffee.  Its tends to feel a little like a tug o war at first, but then I feel awake, clear, and relaxed (keeping the afterglow)..

If you tend to have jitters, or anxiety from coffee, try a little mate tea.  

I have not had it the day after Kava before, however I can say from experience that yerba mate tea wakes me up without the negative body jitters and anxiety of coffee. 

Good Luck!