What's new

I've got the hippy hippy shakes.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Seriously. It's gotten to the point where I have to get bundled up in 75-80 degree weather every time I hit the shell. I look like a total freakazoid walking around in winter clothes in the florida springtime, still shivering my butt off. Is there ANY possible way to combat this issue?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Nope. My experience has been that it actually gets worse over time.... I get the shivers when I drink Vanuatuan strains in particular.
Yep...it's a good thing I live in Texas. Winter was bad, but around here in the summer it's pretty nice. I just get up and turn off my ceiling fan.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nope. My experience has been that it actually gets worse over time.... I get the shivers when I drink Vanuatuan strains in particular.
Confirming as well. Will shiver myself into the bed during the summer.

exit stage left
I don't know if this is the same, and maybe it's because I like mostly heady varieties, but I get really tense sometimes while drinking kava... like shivery, but not necessarily cold.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
This is herbal energetics.. some strain particularly have colder energy, and some hotter, mix that with your personal energetics and you will either freeze you ass off. (Like me ) or you could get warm or just comfy.

How to combat this... kava Is dry, cold, and I'm not sure what I'd consider it else.

So what we need is moisture, and heat .. (energetic heat) aka hot peppermint tea doesn't count ... cold ginger tea would work better (you should still do warm tho)
That should make sense of it alot .

So yesterday I was freezing (it's 30 here) and I kept drinking decaf coffee and ginger tea... as long as you don't have another shell every time your finnaly warm again like I did you will find your hands arent ice blocks anymore :)
Licorice root is really good being a moist and warming .
Umm obviously ginger. Coffee, cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, tumeric, hot cacao (real chocolate)

Avoid milk. Peppermint. Pretty much everything in a normal kitchen is prolly cooling energetically for some reason in America

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I never noticed any temperature fluctuations when I drink kava, but then again it is not exactly warm here in NY, I'm blessed with central heating not sure if that has any impact. My apt is 72 degrees year round, guess I'll see what happens come summer time.

TikiGonzo

Kava Curious
Oh! I got those the other night and just thought I was a wuss (I'm also from Florida, and while we are enjoying a mild winter, it is very mild).