What's new

Its taken a while but finally feeling full effects

kl.Romore

Kava Curious
after messing with lots of extractions and wasting loads of kava I am finally feeling it big time tonight!

I had stopped drinking the strained root due to the anxiety I felt from drinking it and also struggling to stomach the awful taste!

So I got onto my second half kilo and it could have gone one of two ways, I either sold it to try and recoup my money or I gave it another whirl. After using some instant up that I purchased and also finishing all my home made instant I tried having much smaller and weaker brews; approx one table spoon to 250 - 300 ml of water then I have been adding to that and giving each serving a couple of squezes.

Well the anxiety is no more and the taste is far more manageable than the stronger brews I had made previously. After drinking around 5 drinks of the brew the effects are seriously strong: bordering on to strong!

Its taken over two months to overcome the reverse tollerence!

Sorry for the waffle containing pointless post, just wanted to share ;)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That's awesome! Good for you for sticking it out. I remember the first time I experienced the full effects of kava. I had drank a traditionally prepared batch of stone. Warm! I drank it warm and I didn't care for some reason. Immediately afterwards I ate a bowl of Ramen Noodles (yeah I know) and was talking to my girlfriend, now wife, when I suddenly realized moving from my chair at the dinner table to the couch was effectively rendered impossible. I remember just looking around and thinking... "Ok, this is for real". Kava is powerful. Glad you persevered your dues to the kava gods. Just out of curiosity, how did you make your own instant kava?

kl.Romore

Kava Curious
My instant was pretty crude but it worked and tasted good. I just strained some kava and dehydrated it in the oven, It left a thin film of flake which I crushed up and drank. It needed crushing much finer for it to desolve properly but I was to impatient to wait.

I tried lots of other extractions but there has been very little consistency between batches despite cooking in the same way.

I am using boroguru which I feel is mainly head effects. I want to get one which has an effect on the body, I will be ordering from here http://www.globalkavaexports.com/ can you recomend a good body kava from these :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I personally haven't tried any kava from the European global kava exports site, but generally boroguru is considered a heavier kava than say Fijian or Fu'u. It may take a bit more time drinking kava to discern between the effects of different kavalactones. They can feel pretty similar depending on external stimuli, your energy level, and stomach contents.

Your instant kava is exactly how I make it, it's crazy how it turns into kava flake. I found a mortar & pestle and then a ball mill will get it down to normal instant consistency.