What's new

Isa now available

kavalover

Outsider
You're right, it could be. I've never had Hawaiian Isa as far as I know, the only Isa I've had was from Vanuatu and that stuff is stroooooong in the body area, the only time I've ever experienced heavy sleep paralysis that was probably directly effected by the kava. The thing that turns me away is the stronger onset of nausea, which is definitely a hefty burden. I'll definitely be checking this out, though, as Isa does wonders for the muscles after a hard day

Steve973

Kava Curious
That's probably the one I'm ordering next.  My current order is Isa and Fiji Waka from kbr, as well as Isa from hkc.  I'll be ordering Paradise Isa soon, most likely.  I would be more than happy to post a review, particularly in comparison with the other Isa I've tried.

kl.ComfortablyNumb

Kava Curious
Yes, i've tried a few varieties of the many diverse Hawiian awa cultivars. I found with various chemo-types, the key for the various kavalactones: the most popular (Vanutatu) chemotype example is --426135-- have dihydrokavain, kavain & methysticin as the first three lactones. It would have the highest #4 (Kavain; considered the most euphoriant kavalactone) and the lowest #1 (Demethoxy-yangonin (DMY). Kavain (hi-% desirable) is most quickly absorbed & its relaxant/anti-depressant effect goes most quickly to mind/body; numbing. Others: Isa is high in Methysticin is noted as “Slow; Sleepiness, muscle relaxant.”

~Vanuatu: Nakamal's WoW! (Kick-ass the best in my opinion!)
~462351: Hiwa & Paradise kava's Fresh frozen Kuma Kua (Puna Green)
~461235: Mahakea 
~246531: Isa Tudei (High in DHK & DHM, chemicals make for nausea. Stay away from or substitute Hiwa.)

If Ye like Isa, you should also try out the wild Nuigini & Solomon sometime. By the way I use warm to hot-water extraction, and don't use a blender. It all comes down to separating the oil resins from the fibre. You've got to stick strictly with the old-school method of manually squeezing and squeezing and squeezing the hell out of it! LOL =) (you can't go wrong.) You might also let her soak a few hours too.   

Now go get krunked! ;)

Steve973

Kava Curious
I'm not sure why we should stay away from Isa/Tudei. I prefer it, and it doesn't make me nauseous. Everybody has to find what works for them. By the way, Isa from Hawaiian Kava Center reminds me 100% of Chief's Jungle.