What's new

Is this really worth the money?

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all. I've recently rediscovered Kava after a long hiatus and have begum to research sources on this board and elsewhere. This kava is highly recommended but is twice the price of many other premium and highly rated kava's - for example KBR Tudei or NAH' stone. I have an order in the mail I am excited to receive, but I would like to know what makes this kava so special to command such a high price.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
I think it's a top notch kava, the isa is all around nasty in a good way. Just krunks me out and works for insomnia like a boss.

It's pricey but it's grade a stuff, the best i've ever had was a particular van3 batch and this compares very favorably.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I know Adil very well, and this is the best and most reliable, consistent Kava you can get online.

The reason it is more expensive is because it is grown, harvested, and processed in the US. Other vendors import kava that is grown at much cheaper labor costs.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Well this arrived today. I have to say, very nice. A unique experience from what Ive had previously. I'm pretty krunk and so is a friend of mine for her first time (nothing else has worked). I ordered some of the extracts and isa as well.. Cant wait to try them.

Edit, I should note that the taste was very palatable. I found myself taking small gulps as opposed to pounding it back. I might be getting my "kava buds", lol.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
I agree with Vesuvio. If you only knew of labor/land/water and fertilizer costs. They are far higher in Hawaii than in developing nations.

Also, I believe Nakamal at home's top kavas and ours is about the same price, and ours are Hawaiian grown,harvested and processed.
Finally, since the question of value is raised, try comparing the grind (micron size) of our kava with most other kavas out there.
We do a double grind to literally create kava dust, creating more surface area when you squeeze the kava.
This makes more cups per bag, and our kava bags go longer than most which have more wood chip like texture along with the smaller particles.
Hope this helps you see our position.
Adil Ghiasi,
Managing Director and Kava Lover @ Paradise Kava.Com

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Hey thanks for the reply. Your kava is excellent. It is at least twice as good as other kava's i've had to date, so it is worth the money as far as my experience goes so far anyway (I have a lot of experimenting to do in the near furture). I've ordered more of your products already. I agree the fact that its a powder makes it almost like "instant" kava's I've had before.  After last night you wont hear any complaints from me :)