What's new

In Just One Day:

ChazV

Greetings all! Been lurking the forums all day today, became a member, and after many hours of evaluating the informative write ups you all have contributed, I went ahead and made my first purchase. I decided to get started with a half pound of GHK's Mahakea Medium Grind Powder mainly for the low cost and I feel like I owe it to the culture to have manually strained my first batch. Though I have been convinced by the Micronized Kava many of you swear by and will make certain to pick some up upon my next purchase. Look forward to experiencing the joys of the kava culture as portrayed through my research.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome and congrats on picking such high quality for your first go! My first kava purchase wasn't bad, but certainly not the quality you'll receive from ghk, or the other wonderful vendors on this site.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome ChazV and congrats on selecting one of the most popular Noble kavas on the forum. Had myself some Micronized Mahakea just the other night. But I also had some PapaKea too. Yeah, I had the Kea family over to watch the World Series , Papa Kea and Maha Kea. Nice couple but they don't talk much.:D

A

Adam

Welcome ChazV and congrats on selecting one of the most popular Noble kavas on the forum. Had myself some Micronized Mahakea just the other night. But I also had some PapaKea too. Yeah, I had the Kea family over to watch the World Series , Papa Kea and Maha Kea. Nice couple but they don't talk much.:D
You got any comparisons from papa kea and the likes of opihikao and kumakua? Just that I've ordered the papa kea and my curiosity gets the better of me while I'm waiting on its arival

D

Deleted User01

Well, the Papa Kea I had was left over from back when, Chris doesn't currently have it on his web site unless that is his "secret sample". It was very much a pain killer for me. Very nice on the tendonitis in my shoulder. The Mahakea is a well balanced all around potent Kava. You can do it in the afternoon or the night. I think that's why everybody likes it. The Opihikao is more of a couch potatoe Kava but a strong one. I like it or Nene for a nitecap. I might do Mahakea in the afternoon as a pick me up and make the Opihikao my 5:00 kava to start coming down and end the day with Nene. And of course the these nitecaps insure a gloriously sound sleep. I haven't tried Kumakua yet.

This is the fun part of testing the 13 strains of Hawaii and all the other strains from Vanuatu and Fiji. They have different effects and everybody seems to have a different favorite. I do the same thing with coffee. I always have at least 3 freshly ground varieties on hand and I select one and then I select drip or French press. Makes life interesting. Keep us posted as you test them and give us your notes. By the way, remember one thing, everybody's internal chemotype is different so don't feel weird if your notes are contradictory to another's observations. It happens all the time and is also part of the fun.

A

Adam

Well, the Papa Kea I had was left over from back when, Chris doesn't currently have it on his web site unless that is his "secret sample". It was very much a pain killer for me. Very nice on the tendonitis in my shoulder. The Mahakea is a well balanced all around potent Kava. You can do it in the afternoon or the night. I think that's why everybody likes it. The Opihikao is more of a couch potatoe Kava but a strong one. I like it or Nene for a nitecap. I might do Mahakea in the afternoon as a pick me up and make the Opihikao my 5:00 kava to start coming down and end the day with Nene. And of course the these nitecaps insure a gloriously sound sleep. I haven't tried Kumakua yet.

This is the fun part of testing the 13 strains of Hawaii and all the other strains from Vanuatu and Fiji. They have different effects and everybody seems to have a different favorite. I do the same thing with coffee. I always have at least 3 freshly ground varieties on hand and I select one and then I select drip or French press. Makes life interesting. Keep us posted as you test them and give us your notes. By the way, remember one thing, everybody's internal chemotype is different so don't feel weird if your notes are contradictory to another's observations. It happens all the time and is also part of the fun.
Thanks for that Deleted User01, I can agree with you on the opihikao, having a couch potato day today with some off that and it goes perfectly. Looking forward to the papa kea

ChazV

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. This all sounds so fine and dandy. Hopefully soon enough my pantry will be stocked with different strains to experiment with. :)