What's new

HKC <-> MW <-> BK

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Quick acetone test, throwing Big Kava's waka (far right) next to
HKC's Tudei(fake hiwa, left) and my common mystery waka(middle)...which can range noble to adulterated.
The Mystery Waka and Big Kava are drastically better looking than the Tudei reference, even more so in person.
The Mystery Waka looks slightly more yellow, which is always shocking, because the stuff behaves quite like Tudei.
Anyway, Big Kava...lookin' good.
IMG_2329.JPG
IMG_2332.JPG

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Can it sit long term? It would be nice to have a permanent Tudei reference without needing to mix up a fresh one everytime. I'd like to have one anyway.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
you can extend it, the better it's sealed...but acetone evaporates quick and letting it sit might change the hue. It's best to just do it fresh everytime.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. It would be a fun experiment to seal an amount of Tudei tinted acetone in a small test tube, then compare it to future Tudei tests to see if the tint remains consistent (assuming that you are using Tudei from the same batch each time). If this could be done then it would be possible to produce a "Tudei tube" that could be sold to those who would like to do the acetone test at home but don't own any Tudei (people like me :)).