What's new

Hey!

Just joined here, been a lurker for a while :). I discovered kava about two months ago, and its fair to say its had a life changing effect on me. It really is so goddamn awesome for anxiety. I spent so long searching for a safe alternative to benzos, which really are the only pharmaceutical drugs that give you proper relief in my opinion but not worth it at the price to ones health.

I personally find the taste rotten, I can't stands any of them I tells ya, but after drinking I kinda feel like I've earned my peace of mind, lol.

Btw something that makes it a little more tolerable for me is to only breathe through my mouth when drinking and between sips (I'm physically incapable of downing in one cos it just comes straight back up with some added carrots). But yeah that seems to work pretty good gets rid of 80% of the GLUEEEEEEEEEGHHHERT.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
You'll get used to it....maybe.

Soon young-ling...you may yet sip and smile.

jw2112

Kava Curious
When you realize how awesome kava is one day tell a nub thread your fantastic discovery. Bula

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome aboard! I find kava pretty goddamn awesome myself. Good to have another like mind.

kl.sakamoto

Kava Curious
If you don't like the taste, try Ozia Kava Candy, Paradise Extracts, or Nak@Home Fire Island instant (mixed with instant ice tea and sugar is my favorite.) The yummiest kind: take Gaia low-alcohol extract and pour it over caramel custard Flan so it mixes with the caramel.

D

Deleted User01

Sakamoto, I have both Candy and the Gaia Capsules.  I normally squeeze the kava from the capsules (and  under my tongue).   It seems that the candy gives me a better buzz.  Like maybe a Kavain buzz.    Have you noticed that?  I even sent an email to Ozia to see what type of Kava they are using.

Thanks for the replies guys! I knew kava enthusiasts could only be a nice bunch of people!

As for the taste, I've tried paradise kava's extract and while it is quite good, it is also pricey. I like to be philosophical about these things and even though I don't like the taste of kava I think the benefits outweigh a few minutes of discomfort. On another note I'm krunked like all hell right now on a KBR Isa-Tongan Pride mix. feelsgoodman.jpg

Try coffee creamer in a flavor you like. I notice that it's the only thing that can overpower the flavor of kava. Maybe you can eventually put less and less till you get used to the kava taste.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
I second the coffee creamer :) - something that tends to be always around and typically tastes great with any kava varietal.

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
Welcome! I couldn't agree more about kava and anxiety, it's helped me so much already! When I first started using Kava I actually sort of liked the taste.........now I can't stand it :-X

Sade9212 said:
Try coffee creamer in a flavor you like. I notice that it's the only thing that can overpower the flavor of kava. Maybe you can eventually put less and less till you get used to the kava taste.
Thanks I'll give that a shot, does it kind of neutralize the kava taste or just accompany it? I tried before just lumping heap loads of sugar in, if you can imagine a taste just as vile as kava but with an inappropriate sweetness, twas awful.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'd almost recommend that you not use anything you're particularly fond of. The taste association may make you quite reluctant to eat or drink whatever you mixed into the kava for a time.