What's new

Hanakapi Ai or Blend, you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Everyone, I have thought about blending the Hanakapi Ai stump with another kava like Moi, Mahakea or Nene or I can just process the Hanakapi Ai stump all by itself. You folks know what the hair like lateral roots are like, would you like to see the stump all by itself or would you folks like me to blend it with another kava.
Let me know your thoughts, this one is all up to you folks. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Hi Everyone, I have thought about blending the Hanakapi Ai stump with another kava like Moi, Mahakea or Nene or I can just process the Hanakapi Ai stump all by itself. You folks know what the hair like lateral roots are like, would you like to see the stump all by itself or would you folks like me to blend it with another kava.

Chris
Perhaps you should consider creating a "special blend" for those who cannot decide what kind of hawaiian kava they would like to try first :) A kind of blend that would represent then unique character and beauty of your Hawaiian kavas :)

D

Deleted User01

I have no idea what I would want in a blend. Perhaps a little more headiness in the Hanakapi Ai'. However, I have the fixings to do my own blend so I would just leave it up to you as to what the blend would have. You could call it "Chris's Very Special Blend".

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Personally I would enjoy a blend that really emphasises it being a special occasion relaxing effect. Ive been all over the forum about this recently!

verticity

I'm interested in things

Chris
Well, to answer that question I need to ask you a few questions, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava :

1) The hair-like lateral roots are obviously "heavy", so presumably DHM is prominent in the chemotype. Does that imply that the stump is the opposite, that is, deficient in DHM and thus "heady"? Do you have the actual chemotypes for lateral roots and stump?

2) What is the kavalactone % content of the stump? If it is low it would make sense to blend it with something. If it is not too low, like a good lawena, I would suggest selling it by itself; we can make our own blends, but if it is pre-blended, we wouldn't be able to experience the stump by itself..

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
The blend sounds nice no doubt :) BUT.... as verticity said, if the stump root was more heady for some reason then it might be great on its own, would realy like an idea on the chemotype of both the stump and the lateral hair roots when ever available...
I think a blend should be done with just 1 other kava, but as to witch one idk...
Moi maybe? lol

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I love Mo'i minus the edge I get. I loved the last batch of hanakapi' ai (haven't had the pleasure of sampling the current batch.) I bet a blend of the two would give mo'i some legs, while rounding out the experience. Heck, throw some mahakea in there as well, and I wouldn't struggle any more with my indecisiveness in purchasing.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Hanky panky blended with moi would be amazing. I mixed most of my 1/2 lb of hanakapi ai with micro moi and it was like the best of both worlds. Even though I was using 2 kava's, I still used less material overall because of its potency.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Hanky panky blended with moi would be amazing. I mixed most of my 1/2 lb of hanakapi ai with micro moi and it was like the best of both worlds. Even though I was using 2 kava's, I still used less material overall because of its potency.
I've been doing Moinky Poinky. It is indeed awesome.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Maybe a micronize version for those of us who do not do well with the makas, especially if we can expect similar results to those of the hair roots!

Status
Not open for further replies.