What's new

I Love Kava Friday Gone and did it.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Yeah that's essentially what I look like at work this morning after drinking two shells of Art of Kava Miaome and Fiji Vanua Kava Vanuatu. The double pre-work shell may have been unnecessary, but its Friday and the majority of the scientists at my job are on the other side of a country for a conference, so BULA!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
This week, I finally took the leap on getting some of Coral Sea's instant green Silese. I'm really lookin' forward to drinking this one, since it should be pretty close to drinking fresh Silese. I've held off for a while 'cause the price-per-ounce is just too high for my consumption needs, but the guy who makes it seems to really understand quality kava, the superiority of fresh kava and the need for the next best thing; real fresh-made instant kava. So, even though this little '12-serving' bag will probably end up being a 1-serving bag for me, I'm still looking forward to that clean fresh kava experience from a cultivar that's rarely available.

Last week, I tried another new one on Amazon...Heritage Kava premium. This one is initially interesting for it's packaging, which resembles standard tea boxes. Inside the boxes are 2 half-pounds of vacuum packed cubes of kava (like Kava Time), a bag clip for resealing and a pamphlet describing the origins of the kava and families involved. The price is reasonable and the packaging looks fancy and costly...but for me (might be different for you) this kava was too mild for me to even judge what it's effects are like and the aftertaste is kind of a funky, grungy flavor with no peppery or creamy or zesty herbal fragrant notes that I'm more accustomed to. I've only had this flavor a couple times and never liked it. Your mileage may vary and it might be great for you...maybe it's geared towards stay-at-home mom's, I dunno, but for $50 and 1-day shipping on Prime, you might wanna give it a try.

Next week will be ALL Kalm...with some new Tanna Pia kava. ::kavaleaf:: ::happyshell:: ::kavaleaf::

kava 4-24.jpg

Last edited: