What's new

Global Kava Exports is closing. We're sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our sincere apologies, but Global Kava Exports is closing. Due to unforeseen events we will not be in a position to fulfill the current root pre-orders. If you have an outstanding order with us, please email us at [email protected] and we will work with you to resolve the issue (you can contact us via PM here as well).

We apologise to all our customers over the years. The last few months have been difficult for you all and we apologise for the delays and this closure. It has become apparent over time that Vanuatu has been slow to recover from cyclone Pam and the repeated cyclones that have hit it in recent months have not helped. As a result the financial and logistical environment on the islands have become more and more difficult, to the point were some kava businesses are closing down.

Added to this, the continued legal difficulties in Europe and the haphazard approach of the authorities, here in the UK or in Ireland, means that we are no longer able to take the risks involved with importation. We have been bankrupted by the bureaucracy once before and we don't have the energy to go through it again.

We're sorry to quit. We know for many we were a reliable source of noble, and we leave Europe with no informed and trustworthy sellers, but until the laws are made clearer and are enforced fairly, we won't be back.

The website will cease activity from 30 June 2017.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Very sorry to hear :(
Thank you again for all the work and energy you have put in helping us out. Your comeback was a pleasant surprise but that of course doesn't make it less sad you have to stop your venture.

Hope you can come back again in the future. Until then, all the best! :)

Appreciate that yiki. We can't go into too much detail about what has happened yet, we just want to sort out customers before we move on. Thank you for the kind words.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
GKE, thank you for the services you've provided. We understand that you've put an enormous amount of effort forth to bring quality kava to the ones that need it, and we appreciate that fully. Thank you. Please keep us informed of any other ventures you may start in the future because we're interested.

GKE, thank you for the services you've provided. We understand that you've put an enormous amount of effort forth to bring quality kava to the ones that need it, and we appreciate that fully. Thank you. Please keep us informed of any other ventures you may start in the future because we're interested.
Thanks, tbh, we'll be keeping an eye on the legalities.

We wanted our message to address customer concerns primarily, but we'd also like people to remember Vanuatu too, they're not having a good time of it at the mo and have been set back awhile. If you live in that area of the world, they really could do with visitors or trade or anything else to help in these times. That may be a simplistic view on our part, but our problems are nothing to theirs.

Crunked

Proselytizer
Sorry to hear your news. I remember the great feeling I had when I visited London and had a package from you waiting at Hotel reception. Happy times!
You fought the good fight but I fully understand your decision. You would think that European authorities have much more important issues to deal with at the moment, but I'm not a bureaucrat. All the best. ::hugsmiley::

HarVa

Kava Curious
Thanks for your help guys. I did contact them to ask what would happen and they said orders would be shipped that week. The site has gone down and e-mails just bounce back. Their last communication said the website would cease activity on 30th June.
I'll try the link that kapmcrunk suggested. Once again, thanks for helping.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
From what I understood they no longer exist so I am not sure how anyone can realistically hope to "get their order shipped" (as seemingly expected by someone in another thread) or even possibly get their money back as the company is no longer in existence?
There's no kava to ship so that won't be happening but as far as I know they intend to pay everyone back any money they've sent.

Kulan

Kava Curious
For me I contacted them through pm here (forum) and they refunded me through PayPal right away. But it was like 2 weeks ago.

Skickat från min LON-L29 via Tapatalk

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
From what I know this thing has been a complete bust for them so I wouldn't like to say either way whether everyone will get all of their money back out of this. All I can say is that it was their intention to do so. Whether or not it will definitely happen I wouldn't be too sure.

HarVa

Kava Curious
Contacted PayPal and 6 days later my order arrived from GKE. Not sure if PayPal prompted them or they are working hard to get orders out. Either way, an e-mail from them would have been reassuring. Thanks GKE

Status
Not open for further replies.