What's new

Fox News: The Relaxing Power of Kava

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Ah crap, just what we need. The media getting a hold of kava...

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
it fails to mention the reverse tolerance, so i think if anyone reads this and wants to try it they will probably give up after a few days, especially because they will probably try the pills.

kl.Ted

Kava Curious
They also forgot to mention the lack of side effects and positive choice that kava provides.

I agree that mass media attention is bad for kava right now. We don't need the law of supply and demand increasing our already expensive kava, and we don't need Big Pharma (see kavasseur main page) paying any more attention to kava than they already are. They are holding kava at customs to make business difficult for kava retailers. It obviously encroaches on their dangerous anti-anxiety, and to a point, anti-depressant drugs.
Edit: I want to clarify by saying that I think some media attention is good. Kava doesn't need a superbowl ad, however, I learned about kava on the Travel Channel show "Tribal Life". I think kava should be shared with all who need it. I try to introduce my friends to it.

kavalover

Outsider
I wonder how different our modern news would be if they all drank a few shells of kava before reporting

hehe

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
kavalover said:
I wonder how different our modern news would be if they all drank a few shells of kava before reporting

hehe
It would probably be heavily commercialized and gimmicky. I'd rather they just stay as far away from anything kava as they possibly can.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I totally agree w/ you on that. Far, far away. Once something becomes vogue the price skyrockets & the average quality plummets.