What's new

Fiji 1

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Cant wait to see your podcast on this stuff Douglas. Im going to wait to open it till the review is up, then I can drink it as I watch it!

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Did it ever run out? I know the fiji waka did but not the fiji 1. I made a batch tonight and will post my results soon.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
This is a really great kava. The effects are almost instant and it tastes very, very good. The color was a perfect light brown. In terms of effect this is like a little weaker than van3 but just a little bit, and the effects are almost the same. I think this would be a good kava to socialize and share with friends, definitely one of my favorties I have tried. Ive had one shell and feel perfect. Im going to order more very soon. If your thinking about trying it, just go for it.
3 shells in: The krunkness has taken over, and its one of the best ever. Its not overpowering at all, but it is great. This reallllly reminds me of van3.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
It is indeed great. I made some and was preparing to write a review but become absorbed in a soccer match on TV. Tastes great and feels great too. Very mellow, very Fijian. A milky flavor, light color, and deep sublimeness. Don't miss out!

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I see that the fiji waka is back. Which one should I get to remind me of the old days of Van3?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Fiji 1 is far better thab Fiji Waka. Interestingly, the "dont want to work" feeling comes with a lot of Fijian kavas that I have tried but not reviewed. Haha

I am new to Kava and believe this will be my first strain to try out. I am very experienced with a wide range of botanicals and beverages, but am just now getting around to trying out this stuff. Making my order a bit later this evening, I am expecting it to hit west coast USA by wednesday or so if I order tonight. I will most certainly report back and let yall know what I think.

This stuff does not taste bad at all! I am still developing my reverse tolerance so I cannot entirely comment on quality but the 3 tbs I consumed in water and coconut milk have me buzzing pretty good. I feel warm and slightly sedated with a clear head and a slight euphoria. Got another batch brewing up to test out, if I don't climb any higher tonight I will hang it up till tommorow. I got a head start on the reverse tolerance yesterday because one of my other botanical vendors sent me a sample of his amazing 80% kavalactone extract that all the kava fans on other forums seem to love.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
doesn't sound like you are still developing reverse tolerance to me! a warm, sedated, clear head buzz sounds just right..

yeah, I didnt need the full batch I made, I used to same amount of kava as the previous night (6tbs) but in no way needed near all of it. it ended up being like 8 small cups, I only drank five of them throughout the night and it was almost too much at some points. The come on was a bit anxious and panicky from the strength I made the batch, so I am only using 4tbs for tonights proceedings. If this amount of kava continues to work this well for me, its definitely the most economical intoxicant I have come across in a loooooong time. I can't wait to try a strain that is higher in DHM as the higher Kavain and DHK of the Fiji1 is nice, but I like best the uber sedative fx that kick in around the 30 minute post-shell mark.

kl.SQUINT

Kava Curious
So i finally got some of this stuff to try.Me and my buddy have drank alot of cups each and its not really doing much.I just made up a second batch of 8 cups with 1 cup fiji1 and we can feel something a bit,but i was expecting something more.Should we just stop now and save whats left till tomorrow and try again?I really dont wanna waste what i bought and i feel like we could drink the whole pound and not feel much of anything.Is this common for first time users?I mean the recipe Rex gave with the order says 1:1/12 cups for a gallon and i made up a half gallon with 1 full cup.Am i doing something wrong?Help please

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Fiji 1 is very mild. If you want a stronger effect, go for fiji waka or tongan pride. Fiji 1 dosent do that much but some nights thats all you want. Plus it takes a good 3 weeks to get the reverse tol kickin in.