What's new

FDA Lab Results

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey Adil, let us know what they find out from the lab results. I, and I'm sure others here on the board are curious as to what they look for and what the various chemotypes are. The fact that they test through the FDA actually makes me think that Kava's future may be solidified. I saw a program on the National Geographic channel last night called "Drugs Inc". It was about Hawaii, and if the show is accurate, which I think it was, then kava is the least of the DEA's worries. In fact I'm surprised they aren't suggesting it. I had no idea uppers were so prevalent in Hawaii.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Overnighted 20 pounds of the Fijian Powder to the lab yesterday for all kinds of testing.

Now, we wait for 6 to 8 weeks.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Adil, do they put a hold on all of your kava shipments until results come back?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well that's good news. I kinda figured that, being that there's a stack of 4 extra strength jars in my mailbox right now. I thought maybe they would hold all shipments of the type the're testing. Just seems like something the government would try to do, however I am grateful they are looking out for us. I'm also glad it's well enough accepted by the FDA that they subject it to purity tests. I think Kava is going to be around for a long time.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
When I told Elizabeth II about this, her mind reeled over the thought of 20 pounds of kava sacrificed to the FDA, and of course how that cost would have to be passed onto the consumer.  Being a fan of Fijian kava, she thought perhaps her and I could help, along with Chucky.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Prince,
It's more like $1000 for testing, 20 pounds of kava and inventory cost, a normally forgotten aspect of business when product is waiting for it's time in the sun.

Passing on the cost to our clients is unacceptable to me.  Price remains what it's been.

Cheers!
A.G