What's new

Extracts

kl.Sliver

Kava Curious
Douglas, 
You commented on the extracts a bit in your black beauty review. How good were they? What can you compare it to? Do you know what paradise is charing for this stuff?
Thanks for the blog. its a great. Been drinking kava on and off since the late 90's when I lived with polynesian guys in college. This has really helped me find good sources of good Kava. Thanks for your work.

kl.Sliver

Kava Curious
Douglas,
Thanks for the review. I preferred the Honey Lemon. It took some getting used to, but in the end it was excellent. The chocolate was a bit more difficult since it hardens really hard in the fridge, but get too gooey at room temp. It was no replacement for a good strong kava but does give some positive feeling. 
If you're looking to get krunk then by some Shaman from N@H. The extract won't do it. I will be buying it again though. it was perfect for use during the work day.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
You got it Sliver!
It's designed for use at work, for flights, stressful situations where making a kava bowl is impossible and where mobility and convenience is top priority.
Not designed to be overpowering, but fully capable of inducing relaxation.
Very glad you're using it for the exact purpose we designed it.
Aloha~
A.G

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I was a tad wary about extracts but this looks pretty good.

Supercritical Co2 extraction takes out all the scary in Kava extracts, kinda cool to watch to. (Youtube demo)

*puts it on the "have to try" list*

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
The instructions say to refrigerate after opening. I'm going to see how long I can keep it on my desk in an unrefrigerated state before it goes bad.

kl.alohasteve

Kava Curious
I did not refrigerate after opening, the consistency just gets weird, it gets really runny. I've not experienced any spoilage.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
These are great, got a sample and loved it. I herd some people say its not very strong, but I assure you it is pretty good strength for a extract. Have a couple doses before a kava session and its wonderful also.

kl.ceedah

I got a sampler jar of each flavor recently. My chocolate orange is very hard, even at room temp, and seems to have little crystals dispersed throughout it...hmm. Anyone else encountered this? It also could be my imagination, but it tasted a little SPICY! I am thinking I prefer the lemon honey, which is a delightful consistency and flavor. As for effect, the jury is out, because I am new to kava and still experimenting with dosages/tolerance. Which leads me to another question: any tips for estimating 1 gram? I am basically just guessing. I know it's supposed to be a pea-sized amount, but man, peas can vary a lot in size... :D

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
The chocolate orange is still going strong after two quarters. I think I'm going to order another huge case for my car. I had some road rage last night and would have been a safer driver with kava. (Please do not attempt to drive under the influence of kava unless you are a deity of the Yaohnanen tribe in Tanna).

kavalover

Outsider
Is that the new stuff Philip? It's still on my shopping list... how is the taste? I know douglas mentioned that the new batch of extracts were less sweet, and that put me off from getting any of the chocolate, I was worried I wouldn't enjoy the taste. Peppery-kava and chocolate orange, eh, doesn't sound too great to me. The last batch was great though because it was just pure sweet as candy.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I haven't tried any of the new batch.  I understand the concern.  I had a square of 90% cocoa dark chocolate last week, and it tasted like paper.  Really nasty crap.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I was hooked up with a sample of the Lemon. "Thanks again Paradisekava"

Here is a short review

The container is very handy and has a sealed screw on lid that makes it great for travel. The sample size I thought was perfect size to keep in your pocket, and if you feel stressed, just open it up and dip your finger in, lol.

But, it gets runny after it has warmed up. I hadnt noticed any "spoilage" after it being unrefrigerated all day. But I do prefer it cold. It taste better and is easier to gage "I used a butter knife to smudge some out"

The Taste was alright, I kinda would like to try the extract without any flavoring.

It was distinctively lemony but I feel the kava bitter is a bit off putting. It tasted quite well "for kava" while it disolved, but made you "cringe" when swallowed, haha

All in all, it wasnt to bad I would give it 8 out of 10.

The numbing effect WAS THE MOST I HAVE EVER FEALT, at first I was like " wow, did paradise add in some other type of plant ehem?"

Seriously like a dentist!

The effect are almost instant.

It is for sure a high kavian variety, with a slight sedation "mild dhm to the most"

Great euphoria, with a very clear head.

Kinda trancy, like you could really "get into" a project and focus!

I rate it at a 9 out of 10 because I dont wanna sound biased, lol.

This stuff is lasting forever too guys "and gals" order some and try it, you wont regret it.

Fantastic stuff!

Nothing beats real root, but this gets close.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I agree endwatcher, but I also love the taste of the stuff. I don't candy, so this is about as close as I get to eating anything sweet. It would be interesting to see what a "natural flavor" variety tasted like.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I've been thinking about ordering this for some time. The only extracts I've had eiter came from ebay or a kinda shifty ethnobatical vendor and were basically a big disapointment. I have been really digging instant green kava which is basically a real basic extract thats just rain water extracted. I think I'm gonna give it shot and go for it. Does anybody have any experience with the 2011 batch versus the 2012 batch? There is a sale on the 2011 batch and 60gm jar of 2011 honey lemon is 48$ and the fresh batch is 69$, but if old batch is weaker or less awesome I'd rather spend a little more and be more happy. Does kava extract detoriate over time? I know root can break down but I wonder if a sealed extact would be the same.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
kavalover -- new chocolate is not that bitter. We made sure of that. It's a 50% Hawaiian Cacao for a reason. End result is not bad at all, given that we are dabbling with two bitter components, kava and cacao.

new2kava - - Legit concern. Go to facebook.com/paradisekava, grab a 10% coupon and try the new batch. Safer bet.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Kavalover, the chocolate orange is fantastic tasting. I have to control myself so I don't eat the whole thing in one go since it's like the perfect candy to me. It's very tasty but I don't like things too sweet. For me, it's just right.

kavalover

Outsider
cool, thanks for the replies. that's my only concern with extracts, as I can enjoy the taste of kava, but adding anything too far out there to the mix, flavor wise, throws off the whole experience for me. I'll have to give the new batch a shot with that 10% discount