What's new

Double Strength Limited Edition - Name one reason we should keep making it.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
We're debating if this should get into production and we're trying to figure out what you guys think of this particular extract.

Reviews on the website are always appreciated, however, we'd like a simple yes or no in this post to give us a gauge.

what say you?

A.G

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'd say yes. How are the sales of double strength compared to your normal extracts?

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Jimmy, Normal Extracts from 2012 are almost sold out, and outsell everything at the store.
2013 should be even better since they are even stronger and only slightly more expensive.
Limited Edition is not going to be in the regular zone anytime some, perhaps in late 2013, but we plan ahead as you may know.
Personally, I am the slowest, the rest of the team is faster :)
You'll meet the newest additions to the ParadiseKava team, Raquel and Carolina soon enough on the forum or thru emails.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I guess my answer of yes will have to be a soft yes. I like the extract, and it's plenty powerful, but I'm sure from a business perspective if you present your customer with an extract that isn't a full magnitude stronger than the normal extracts they may not be as willing to shell out that extra for the "top shelf" variety.

Also, I sent you en email. I knee jerked when you said "almost sold out" and had to get another jar of vanilla/coconut. I sent it with the wrong shipping address. There should be a device that doesn't allow you to purchase anything until noon. I have a bad habit of waking up and mashing on that "buy" button.

Also congratulations on delegating out your stress! Sounded like you needed help for a while there.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
personally the pure kavain doesnt do that much for me. I would kill for a high DHM extract. I feel crappy saying that since I'm the one who was bugging you to make a sugar free version.

It does knock down my anxiety though

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It would seem that since they use supercritical CO2 extraction they could just run the extraction on the ISA instead of the type they're using for the extracts they produce now. Heck it'd be worth a shot to send out some samples and see what people think. I love a high kavain kava, but I know my mainstay of nightly Vanuatu gray bitter paint beverage is very high in the doubled bondeds. I think he could very well turn a profit on it seeing as how much interest there is.

I've been researching supercritical CO2 extractions and that's some neat stuff. They use the same process to decaffeinate thousands of pounds of coffee.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
uh oh, watch out adil. if kapmcrunk is "researching" it next thing you know he will have a supercritical CO2 extraction station running in his garage made out of spare refrigeration parts :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ohhhh don't worry about that one, Adil. Supercritical is one of those processes with pressures high enough to scare me. I have no kitchen pans that'll hold up to 10k psi, so yep it's all yours!

I did see a video on YouTube recently where a guy made a supercritical CO2 extractor out of a piece of industrial high pressure steel pipe. Took him a few hours to extract 90mg or so of caffeine from coffee and the process looked like it could have taken out him and his nearest 10 neighbors. So yeah. I'll forgo that headache any day.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Holy lactones that's a lot of pressure! That's 680 times normal atmospheric pressure! Now I'm intrigued about this...

sentiententity

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, because it's double strength but not double price. Extract is expensive either way so we may as well totally go for it!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
When you put it that way sentiententity you make a really good point.