What's new

Buyer Beware

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
I have 3 kgs Mercula Magic hanging with them for 1+ month now. This is the second time I order with them and both times I never recieve a track and trace. That is to say. You get one that works only on Venuatu which is about as useless as an ashtray on a motorcycle. If you try to contact them replies rare.An automated: "no worries dude, its your postal service, we cant do anything" buys so much credit for a store it is hard to believe. The other thing is that they pack the kava as gifts. When I get 3 identical  1 kilo 'gifts' what exacly do you think my costums are going to do? They are going to punish me severely or will just send it back with the words "oh no you dont. Try again, this time with proper labeling" written on it. and then I have to wait for another several weeks.

The mercula magic is pretty good, but I have to call Buyer Beware at the point. They are clueless when it comes to business.

kl.ericm53

Kava Curious
Message if you try to place a new order.
 vanuatukavastore.com has let their SSL Cert expire so credit card information is not protected “This means Google Chrome cannot guarantee that you are communicating with www.vanuatukavastore.com and not an attacker. You should not proceed”.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
Another board member and I had problems with shipping times.  Magic is good but needless to say, I never ordered again.  They did apologize and sent me some free kava which was cool.  There's alot of other vendors out there to try before going through their hassle again.

kl.SQUINT

Kava Curious
Thanks for all this info.I was going to order some Mercula Magic from them,as well as a sample pack of instant premium to try.Im glad i waited now.Would tongan pride be a close alternative to magic?

kl.Sartre

Kava Curious
I'm glad I didn't order from them. They never did get back to me about the shipping carrier to Canada. Figures.

Anytime a company CSR refers to you as 'dude', it's probably a bad sign.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
I formulated that wrong. They didnt call me 'dude', but I would have accepted it if they had just said anyting. I still havent heard a word from them and I still havent got my kava.

kl.Sartre

Kava Curious
I did get a response a week later. Better than never, I guess, but too long just to answer a simple question.

kl.alohasteve

Kava Curious
I ordered "Magic" kava from them back in February plus some k-strips. The k-strips were forgettable, but the Magic was excellent. It took 2 weeks for my order to arrive from Vanuatu. Upon arrival, the packaging consisted only of a manila envelope that had torn in transit. Fortunately, my kava was safe. I contacted their customer service to let them know about the packaging and there was definitely a language barrier. Overall, they sell a great product, but the shipping process leaves something to be desired.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
The whole "gift" thing rubbed me the wrong way, too. As much as I do like their instant kava, I'm either buying from an American farmer or distributorship to avoid the whole customs thing again.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I had no problems. I ordered Magic, and the other morning I had a confirmation about mailing. 10 days later the package arrived in Germany. Thanks to a "creative" customs declaration I had no problems with the german Customs.

kl.r3mote

Kava Curious
I really love their instant kava. it's really good stuff. really.

but i've only made two orders from them, one of 1kg instant kava and the other of some K@ (which i returned, and they refunded).

took about a week and a half to get the instant kava last fall, but, i expected it and was happy overall.

i'd recommend them to anyone wanting great instant kava.

kl.Synaptik

Kava Curious
^Thanks r3mote, I was curious about thier instant. Might give it a try next time.

My Malekula Magic shipped July 4th.. Fingers Crossed :)

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
Apparently I ordered my Malekula Magic on the 4th of July. Still no idea if it has shipped but... not sure if I'd order from them again. we shall see

kl.Synaptik

Kava Curious
They should have sent you an email entitled 'Order Process' followed by another 'VKS COnfirmation Letter' to confirm that your order shipped.

Send an email to Glenda Tari: [email protected] or Cameron McLeod: [email protected]

Cameron has been very helpful. I actually just received a response from him a few hours ago.. It's still daytime there.. Maybe he'll get a chance to look into your order right away if you drop him a line right now.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
lol nevermind i had the VKS confirmation letter in my email today. didn't have to email them. darn, i really wanted that extra 250 grams!

kl.Synaptik

Kava Curious
LOL At least you know it's been shipped out. The tracking number is a bit useless though, eh? It's only good within Vanuatu haha

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
haha yes it was completely useless. you would think even though im not in vanuatu that it would still be able to find the package information.

kl.Synaptik

Kava Curious
After 18 business days my Malekula Magic has arrived. Shipped on July 4th, arrived in Toronto July 27th. I had good communication, with only one instance of a five day wait for response. The other three communications were responded to virtually within the same hour. The wait for arrival was a long one, but when I consider that I have waited 12 business days for a package from Florida it's not really that bad. This one came from the other side of the planet ;)

kavalover

Outsider
I've never ordered from Vanuatu Kava Store, but I think I might soon. I like to stick with domestic vendors/farms for the most part, it's only when something looks real pretty that I'll order internationally. and Malekula Magic looks real pretty ;)

Synaptik, ou should post your opinion (if you haven't already) on Malekula Magic. I'd really like to give it a go