What's new

Bottled Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Love the brainstorming going on here! hehe :)
And I am totally behind a kava being made in a bottle, to mask the taste so new kava drinkers can actually "try" kava without downgrading before they even give it a chance!
My girlfriend for instance, I have been using kava for atleast 3 months now it seems, and she see's the benefit's I get from it..and she knows deep down
it would probably work better for her needs then with my own since she has very bad back pain, aches and sore muscles constantly...
As well as an attitude sometimes that never seems to fade away lmao....I'v told her sooo many times, just try it...just one gulp!
Tried explain after you swallow you will feel much better, but nothing! of course, who was I kidding! lol....
She looks at the drink I make and she comments, drinking your "mud water" again huh, "that's fnnnn nasty!" :)
Something like this would help people like her, get through the bad taste of kava and maybe, just maybe give it a second chance...
As far as taste goes, for me personally...
At first I hated the taste of kava!!! Times 10! YUCK!!! ...........::happyshell::........... :yuck: :wtf:................... :nailbiting:
But as time went on, and I broadened my horizon's with different kavas, different med grinds/instants and micro's ect...candies/extracts
I now finally feel like the taste to me is certainly worth the benefits, and also the taste isn't that bad after a while...
One thing I realized is not to smell the kava as your pounding it down, that was my bigges't problem!
Once I figured out to just slam down a shell, and breathing through my nose only after I swallowed it all...it got better and
easier :) I actually "enjoy" the taste of a few kavas now, still don't love the taste but it's not at all un-drinkable!
Looking forward to hearing more about this bottled kava! (y)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Is this project still in the works?
Yes, with serious momentum. We have a non-solvent water soluble extract that is up to 80% pure. We are working to have it done by early January to pitch to a major national retailer of natural foods and health products. If we can't make that deadline it won't be too much later and it will be available at bulakavahouse.com and likely other retailers.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Final recipe!!!

It's been a long time coming, and knowing the process, there's still some time to go before this is actually available, but the flavor is dialed in. We're using the co2 extract that we make in house. Flavor is mostly lemon ginger, but there are some other flavors in there. It will be almost completely organic (the kava used won't be "certified" organic, but it is grown that way). It will be served in either glass or aluminum because I'm a tree hugger at heart and plastic is the devil, 2.5 to 4 oz. It will contain 200 mg. of kavalactones per serving. We'll sell it at bulakavahouse.com but may have a dedicated website as well eventually. I plan to do a Kava Forums special sale right when it becomes available.
20170601_180712.jpg

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I need advice! Should the bottled beverage be a small quick shot in a glass bottle? Think 5 hour energy. Or a 4 oz. serving in an aluminum bottle? The recipe is nailed down and can be scaled either way.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@kasa_balavu It is flavored, but still has some earthiness to it. I didn't want the natural flavor to be completely glossed over. I think it's important that people know they're drinking kava, but not have to choke it down. Either size will be drinkable to people who appreciate its benefits.

@verticity I'm leaning toward that as well, for the same reason.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I need advice! Should the bottled beverage be a small quick shot in a glass bottle? Think 5 hour energy. Or a 4 oz. serving in an aluminum bottle? The recipe is nailed down and can be scaled either way.
No lol, no shots make it worth while, like 10-16 oz. :) Or both sizes..

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
No lol, no shots make it worth while, like 10-16 oz. :) Or both sizes..
Problem with that is that kava, being a dietary supplement, can't be served in a form that makes it like a food. A full size bottled beverage probably wouldn't be FDA approved.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Small shot - easier, more convenient to carry, less waste, can be added to another drink if you want more liquid.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It it's going to have 200 mg KL's in there then it doesn't matter what size, I say do a shot and if people want a "longer" drink they can add liquid to it. I would definitely add a splash of milk no matter what.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Small shot - easier, more convenient to carry, less waste, can be added to another drink if you want more liquid.
Oh, and just a follow up on the "less packaging" - I would assume a small energy drink plastic bottle is a whole lot cheaper than an aluminum can, and will be cheaper. Cheaper to produce means cheaper for the consumer to buy, which I am all for.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I used to work in the PET industry [plastic is bad, direct insults here] and some time ago we found that a lot of beverages paid a premium to switch some products from paper cartons to clear PET bottles because the packaging showcased the product better. (remember Simply Orange?) that said, my recommendation is:

If the color of the drink is appetizing enough to be a selling point, go with clear glass! I put my prepped kava in old jars and it stays nice and cool. Makes the kava look delicious too.

If light will degrade the taste, color, or shelf life of the product, go with aluminum or tinted glass. That is why milk is usually sold in solid white or foggy jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.