What's new

Kava Blend Review Borongoru + Nambawan

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Holy fucktown.

[Cross posted on the Bula Kava House review area]

Mixing my go-to variety (Borongoru) with my new love (Nambawan) gave me a heady brew that makes heady brews go "wow, that's heady."

I'm at my fourth shell, and sitting in a wonderful cloud of euporia.

Preparation and Taste

It's the usual prep for me. This time it was 1/3 cup of Borongoru mixed with 1/3 cup of Nambawan in warm water, steeped for 30 minutes, and then strained through my usual 25 micron bag. Lots of kneading and squishing, with a second and third wash with roiughly 1/4 cup of water until I saw dilution in the overall opacity of the liquid.

I drank this kava on an FULL stomach (or rather, I'd eaten 30 minutes before.)

Onset and Effects

Holy schnikes! Hitting me like Sugar Ray Leonard. I'm giddy, unbalanced, extremely happy and open and really enjoying my kids right now. Feelings in no order: elation, excitement, eager expectation, tinnitus (anyone else get the ringing in the ears when kava is in full swing?), head swimming, eyes catching up to where my head is pointing, piloerection (or, horripilation, or goosebumps if you prefer) coming in waves, sighing, the sense of anticipation. Definitely heady as all get-out!

You're Gonna Rock Down to Electric Avenue

At four shells with this preparation, I'm lit up like a big ol' Christmas tree. The combination is a winner for Krunkfest Friday to be sure. Holy crap I'm flying. What a wonderful feeling. Powerful pounding euphoria that doesn't let up. I feel like I could be busting my circa 1980's moves in a dance club right now and be in heaven. What a great combo.

Next I have to try a Borongoru/Nambawan/Mo'i combination of similar strength.

Five out of five stars for this combination. Just wonderful.